MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6F46
@Wiimeiser  
Yes! Her latest arts kinda suggest that the style won’t be that different from FiM, depending on the angle (and the character’s muzzle and body shapes).

@Lord Goku  
Well… More or less.
MaresFillies
Pony! - Derpi Supporter
From the Night - For mods that have been previously banned
Diamond - For users who have donated to the site
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Twilight Sparkle -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron

Assistant
Twi’s Engineer Hubby
Isn’t G5 going to use toonboom? So wouldn’t it be like Rainbow RoadTrip?

Does anypony know if Pony Life will be in Flash or Toonboom? XD
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@MaresFillies  
ToonBoom. Flash is dead after this year. Good luck loading swf files in Chrome right now, actually. You’d have better luck getting a SafeDisc (or whatever it was called) protected game to run on Windows 10.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #926E  
@WyrmSpawN  
I’ll just repost my old guess with some alterations:  
Either Fosgitt’s or Darkdoomer’s Imalou's art style, but with the movie ear style dubious. Mane cast would be Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Starlight Glimmer, Scootaloo and Cheerilee, all completely different from their current incarnations except for species, though Cheerilee would be a pegasus and AJ would still be southern [Needs recheck]. Mane city would be Appleloosa. The focus would be on a magic school like Hogwarts [Too much like Filly Funtasia?], with Starlight as the main protagonist. Princess Luna would be the headmaster. Spike would be there too, as Luna’s assistant, this time voiced by Peter New. Other students of note would include Diamond Tiara, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Moondancer, Sunburst, Jet Set, Berry Pinch/Ruby Pinch, Tender Taps, Pinny Lane, Plaid Stripes (the beta bitch), and Flurry Heart (the alpha bitch). Rainbow Dash is the school groundskeeper, and has a pet griffon named Gabby. Teachers will include Twilight Sparkle (Magic) [Brought back due to fan demand], Sunset Shimmer (Gym), Starsong (Music), Toola Roola (Art) Chipcutter (Woodshop) and Spoiled Milk (Home Economics) [Setting actually Sci-Fi?]
Background Pony #6F46
@Wiimeiser  
The part about them having movie-style ears is probably true. Imalou actually tends to draw ponies with movie-style ears (well, more or less). I wonder if Hasbro made that decision before or after she drew the Mane 6’s G5 designs, because, depending on how their manes/tails looked, she would only need to change their color schemes, Cutie Marks and maybe something else.
Background Pony #6F46
I decided to go at My Little Wiki and try to set up my own G5 Mane Six using G3 ponies as a basis. I added their color scheme as well to show you guys why did I choose them (I wanted to keep the same variety in body colors as the G4 Mane 6): Autumn Crisp (purple coat and yellow mane and tail), Daffidazey (white coat and yellow, orange, pink, blue and purple mane and tail), June Blossom (yellow coat and turquoise mane and tail), Waterfire (blue coat and orange mane and tail), Savannah Sage (pink coat and white mane and tail) and Tangerine Twinkle (orange coat and red mane and tail with a purple streak*). Since most G3 folks were Earth Ponies, some of them would have their species changed. And their Cutie Marks actually would have to change as well (too much hearts, at least in Savannah and Tangerine’s cases).

(*G3 Tangerine Twinkle’s mane actually was red and purple while her tail was entirely purple)
Latecomer

Designs aside, what of stori concepts?

I had an idea of showing a human girl moving to a poni town, in a world where both co-exist… But I didn’t expect this current world situation. I guess we’ll have to see the shape of things before we know what stories kids will need.
Background Pony #6F46
@Latecomer  
I think they’ll keep the concept we’ve seen in the leaks (ponies from different lands coming together to defeat somebody/something evil and becoming friends).
Background Pony #6F46
Have you folks seen Imalou’s recent art? If the style she used for the G5 characters is like that, I’ll be more than happy! For example, the Rainbow Dash that she drew is very adorable. I can’t wait for the movie’s first promotional photos to be released!
Background Pony #6F46
A small and unimportant novelty: The movie’s soundtrack will be managed by eOne Music. I wonder which artists are going to record songs for the movie.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide