MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #13BA
@river mines
The fact we separated fanbases for different gens is kinda silly. Technically we’re still in some way part G4 because it’s literally a sequel series.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #A781
If I was going to make an MLP lore iceberg, Pink Mane Celestia would be a few layers down.
This has led fans to speculate that Celestia had a pink mane 1,000 years ago. This was later disproven in Season Four:
So the idea that Celestia had a pink mane is cute, but it is, at best, a theory based on early installment weirdness.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“Pinklestia” is based off one of the early toys Hasbro mandated, saying that a pink toy would sell better than a not pink one.
“Pink maned Celestia” is a meme based off that prologue image, theorizing that the royal sisters looked like that in their youth. The show never put credence in the theory, instead recycling their “adult” character models, but some books and comics dabbled in the idea that yeah, Luna had blue hair in her youth and Celestia had pink hair.
I really appreciate how the Legends of Equestria series used it, showing Celestia’s mane as mostly pink but starting to turn into its multi-colored state.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
Unanimous? The movie, I kind of get, but there are still tons of fans who haven’t even read the comics. Not to mention there are people who have been every bit as harsh on the G5 comics as the G5 shows.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #13BA
You’re right, unfortunately I see fans starting to make this distinction, and I’m afraid that the fandom will become segregated.
The brony fandom, in and of itself, was a fandom segregated from its franchise at conception. It was not based on the franchise as a whole, but G4 specifically; At best having little interest in what came before, at worst actively disparaging and choosing to distance themselves from G1-G3.
Of course this didn’t apply to literally everyone, but many who started with FiM did not care for what came before (or after), and many who were in the fandom before G4 came to dislike bronies, who in many cases would actively insult their interests.
I don’t have the personal experience to say if there was much in-fighting before G4, tho.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
Good point, we’ve always been “segregated”. Don’t remember a time where bronies weren’t trashing other generations, even the G1-G3 fans aren’t squeaky clean. Some of them have legitimately tried to trash G5 as a worse generation than G3, I’m not kidding.
river mines

It’s a matter of evaluation, the comics may be the least visible part, but within this niche it is considered top quality content
and if you’re referring to TYT showing things from the comics, it’s more a question
of the fear that the comics are mandatory content rather than an extra(just like TYT has become mandatory content)
at worst actively disparaging and choosing to distance themselves from G1-G3.
That’s kind of the part I’m afraid of,
more specifically that the fandom ends up becoming an internal war in the fandom, as happens in some fandoms, we already have fans who are constantly criticizing everything about G5 and fans who don’t recognize all of G5’s problems, I’m afraid this will evolve into: you speak well or speak badly or you are rejected, there is no middle ground.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #A781
Funny you say that, because another piece of media also showed Young Celestia with her multi-coloured mane too.
@Background Pony #13BA
That’s half-correct because we do have new people who’s never heard of g4 at all or don’t think they’re connected and intertwined in any way.
@Background Pony #A781
For the most part, it seems they’re still ongoing but with a new format.
@DerpyFast
And what? Luna’s already her mature dark-skinned and wavy maned self?
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@northern haste
Yeah, assuming it’s not “Hasbro forgot again”, it’s either got to be that, or else because of the leap year there’s an extra Thursday so they decided to take a one-week break to keep things on track.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
I’ve heard no news of foreign dub releases being posted before the English release this time, so what happened last week might have been a different slip from what we imagined if this is not just a standard one-week delay, that slip being a botch in shifting from releasing episodes on Thursday to Friday. If that was the actual mistake they made, it makes things look less bizarre in retrospect.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide