MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
So if it wasn’t for some critters throwing a party and destroying what was left of Opaline’s Castle, the place could’ve been turned into a museum and have history preserved, such a shame.
Episode was good, it was interesting to see Opaline’s Castle return and look like it came from Life After People, a good show that I like, Sunny dealing with Vietnam Flashbacks of her which Misty can relate and the teasing of Skyros, that alicorn land.
Background Pony #177A
I remember a writer at Evertree Northwest said that there was plans to use other alicorns in G5 and I guess they mean that they we will see a bunch of new alicorns in Skyros that have been there all this time?
Background Pony #177A
@Background Pony #A781
It will probably like when they should Luna and Celestia in Opaline’s flashback though where they are just referred to as “They” instead of their names
I guess we will get another flashback involving them and their history there?
Background Pony #A781
@Background Pony #177A
but they can use any character because Discovery does not have rights to G4’s IP, only at most they would have to pay Discovery for each character that appears on TV because of television rights, but this has not yet been explained properly
Background Pony #177A
@Background Pony #A781
Yeah but only for flashbacks and references
They can only fully use Twilight because she is the only alicorn that has a G1 name as there was a G1 pony name “Twilight”
Their was a G1 pony named Moondancer so that’s why she was mentioned in G5 and also that’s why they could bring back Spike mostly because there was a G1 dragon named Spike
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #177A
Ah, so that definitely falls under the Matt Groening part I mentioned earlier. If a new episode of a TV show airs on a network, the owner of that network gets ownership of that IP, seemingly partial if the other party is a corporation but full if the other party is an individual.
Background Pony #6D02
@Background Pony #177A
Ah, so that definitely falls under the Matt Groening part I mentioned earlier. If a new episode of a TV show airs on a network, the owner of that network gets ownership of that IP, seemingly partial if the other party is a corporation but full if the other party is an individual.
In other words; this US copyright law has problems.
“If a new episode of a TV show airs on a network, the owner of that network gets ownership of that IP, seemingly partial if the other party is a corporation but full if the other party is an individual.”
In practice, this means that the network can have the right to dispose of other people’s intellectual property for its own profits and can prevent others from doing so, even if the copyright holder thinks otherwise. Then it could mean that Hasbro has the rights, but must pay as long as the network has the right of control on its side.
We do not have such a law in my country where the word “right of ownership” is strongly emphasized, we have many laws regarding assets, properties and intellectual property where the owner is protected, among other things on historical grounds. I live in a country where “By law the land shall be built” is very important. For example, you cannot keep a property for which there is a residence obligation, and you cannot share with others at your own expense.
That about television rights; could that be why the G5 doesn’t appear in TV channels? So far only in Youtube and Netflix.
Background Pony #6D02
In my country, compulsory residence is important, you can only own a property if you live there - because if not, you are obliged to sell it. That is why many people in my country who have houses and cottages have to live in them in order to keep them. If you are unable to do so, you must attach these to others in your place. This is an example of when you own or create something, the laws will protect you in exchange for obligations. Obligations which entailed that all parties must have equality in the matter.
Here equality is non-existent around Hasbro and Discovery where dishonesty is the rule. Hasbro could pay but chose not to. Discovery can only ban - lose-lose for all. It’s just like with the ponies in G4, S9 and the beginning of G5, mistrust and dishonesty.
Background Pony #177A
@Background Pony #6D02
It seems like Hasbro is ok with letting G5 use stuff from Season 1 to Season 4 the seasons available to view on Netflix and to buy online but seasons 5 to 9 are mostly off limits
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
In practice, this means that the network can have the right to dispose of other people’s intellectual property for its own profits and can prevent others from doing so, even if the copyright holder thinks otherwise. Then it could mean that Hasbro has the rights, but must pay as long as the network has the right of control on its side.
That’s exactly what happened with Making Fiends; Nickelodeon commissioned the webcomic to be adapted into a TV show, aired a few episodes, and now the original creator doesn’t own it any more than I do.
We do not have such a law in my country where the word “right of ownership” is strongly emphasized, we have many laws regarding assets, properties and intellectual property where the owner is protected, among other things on historical grounds. I live in a country where “By law the land shall be built” is very important. For example, you cannot keep a property for which there is a residence obligation, and you cannot share with others at your own expense.
Which country is this, exactly?
That about television rights; could that be why the G5 doesn’t appear in TV channels? So far only in Youtube and Netflix.
I believe so.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Wiimeiser
I dunno if the situation with The Simpsons is a good indication of anything - this might be just a rumor, but I heard that why Fox was insisting on that deal was because the film studio branch of the company (20th Century Fox) had gotten burned on the deal they had signed for Star Wars - because they didn’t really believe in it, they gave George Lucas a much smaller than usual upfront payment for it, and in exchange, he got to keep rights to potential sequels, as well as most of the profits from merchandising.
And circling back to ponies, if anything, it’s not that G5 couldn’t use G4 stuff - it’s that they’d potentially have to pay Discovery (as well as the division of Hasbro that has a stake in Discovery Family, assuming they haven’t sold that yet) royalties. So to maximize profits, the writers were probably given an instruction to use G4 stuff prominently only when absolutely necessary for the story, and to restrain it to background Easter eggs and oblique references otherwise. Again, assuming there’s something like that in place.
Background Pony #177A
Will Tell Your Tale now like Make Your Mark at least try to deal with serious issues like with Opaline abusing Misty and Alphabittle dealing the fact that his daughter Misty was missing?
Or how Spike described how Opaline destroyed Equestria
Or will Tell Your Tale still continue to mainly have that wacky and comedic tone?
Background Pony #C946
@GoodVibesGorgeous
This could be a similar situation to HBO MAX allowing Netflix to release Batman the animated series, in the case of China there is no Netflix there.
Background Pony #177A
Do you think they will deal with Skyros in a main episode or one of the specials?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide