MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Let’s play a game since Grapefruit gave me an idea. I’m gonna provide a list of characters. If Make Your Mark is about Misty making hers then that’ll mean that a) There might be season 2 under a different name and b) the following seasons would have titles that fit so here go. The following includes g4 characters or g1 with some reimagining, also you may use a combination of them, just indicate they’re part of the same season.
-Grogar
-Cozy Glow
-Tirek
-Chrysalis
-Squirk
-Lavan
-Erebus
-Catrina
-Crunch the Rockdog
-King Sombra
-Pony of Shadows (Not Stygian)
-Twilight Sparkle
-Cosmos (Celestia and Luna’s would be brother, unused)
-That magic elephant shortstack imp dude that’s also unused
-Skyros
-Yaks
-Hippogriffs/Sea Ponies
-Abyssinians
-Diamond Dogs
-Kelpies
-Abadas
-Ornithians
-Griffons
-Changelings
-Buffaloes (Breezies only appeared for 1 g4 episode anyway right?)
-Kirins
Not all are available as choices because they’re either, dead, done or are least likely to be world conquerors.
Edit: Chapter 5 has breezies and dragons (latter in progress of reunification), so I added the other races. Also yes the oath siblings of the zebras too. Do remind me if I’m missing some.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I like the idea of a season dedicated to the ponies going to Skyros and learning more about the alicorns and their elemental duties, so I think a good title for a second season like that would be “Search for Skyros”. I also think a good idea for a special about King Sombra would be “Shadows of Sombra”.
derpiboorudelinquent

#ReformCozyGlow
@Shimmering Spectacle
This is the G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread, not the Brony Analyst/Reviewer Grievance Thread.
There should actually be a thread like that, ngl.
And if there is one, does anybrony have the link to it?
But YEAH, back to G5. My apologies for that btw. Though the mention of brony reviewers was inevitable either way.
river mines

[@TheQuietMan](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5522459#post_5522459
The most obvious next step for a MYM successor show would be now that the group is complete and they travel the rest of Equestria, especially to places like the dragonlands, which would make Sparky a central character.
so my little pony: sparklers travels
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@river mines
Sparky should definitely already be travelling to the Dragonlands given the implications of chapter 5, hence he isn’t listed but you’re welcome to make predictions.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Speaking of analysis, I wanted to do one of the Sunny vs Opaline fight, since I think it’s a well-structured fight, with reversals and distinct phases, that also showcases some subtle character details.
It starts before the fight even begins. They show us that Opaline’s horn beam can slice through boulders, and that she’s willing to kill.
The fight itself begins with Sunny finally confronting Opaline. Opaline chases Sunny with her horn beam, but doesn’t hit her. Sunny makes the mistake of assuming that Opaline is a bad shot, and gets cocky. Fear is important to Opaline, so seeing that she isn’t striking fear into Sunny, Opaline switches tactics, and shows that she’s perfectly capable of hitting a target. She slices off a piece of the tree and pins Sunny under it. She wants to see the look of fear on Sunny’s face.
Opaline is in control, so she takes a moment to gloat and laugh. Her control is undercut with a bit of comic relief, as Izzy and Pipp start hurling random objects at her. They know what Opaline is capable of, but they risk incurring her wrath to buy their friend some time. What’s notable is that Pipp has the sense to move behind Opaline to outflank her. Then we’re reminded that Opaline is still a powerful magic user, as she instantly traps and neutralizes them. She gloats a little, but doesn’t waste time before firing a horn beam at them.
This gives Sunny the push to transform. She takes a leap of faith in front of the beam to protect her friends, and just no-sells Opaline’s beam. Opaline realizes that she may have just lost control of the fight. Rather than just standing there, Sunny delivers a short lecture about the power of friendship from behind the safety of a shield. Then she pushes back, knocking Opaline off guard.
Sunny takes off, flying up to fight on Opaline’s level. Sunny used to struggle to control her powers, but now she’s holding her own against an ancient alicorn. None of Opaline’s attacks can land on Sunny, and Zipp and Hitch show up to free Izzy and Pipp, removing Opaline’s last vestige of control in the fight. Sunny’s friends cheer her on, and it’s Misty who delivers the one-liner that gives Sunny the boost she needs to win, showing that she’s truly switched sides.
One big thing I noticed is that Sunny doesn’t get a horn beam; all of her spells are non-lethal and centered around protection. What’s ironic is that Opaline’s own horn beam slices through the tapestry, which lands on top of her and blocks her vision. This gives Sunny the opening she needs to win. Sunny clenches the victory not with a crushing blow, but with a harmless bubble.
This might just be the best pony fight. Where Twilight vs Tirek is just trading blows, this fight represents the culmination of Sunny and Misty’s character arcs.
Background Pony #7BFF
As a result of finally getting proper nutrition, Misty has a HUGE growth spurt and becomes the tallest of the Mane Six.
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

sTs trinity
does anyone think that misty being teleported by a fog (from the tree market to a random field in bridlewood, rather then to the door) isn’t necessary if her trusted friends is gonna help her find that door anyway?
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Wonder if we’re going to get a three-parter leading up to Secrets of Starlight. My instincts tell me we’ll get one episode involving the main cast making preparations before they set off for the final encounter with Opaline, which will be a two-parter. In any case, something tells me Family Trees won’t be the only multi-part episode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide