MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Applepie2010
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Nostalgia Nerd
I wouldnt mind some g4 villians coming back, altho i def would want it at a low ratio, like 1 g4 villian for ever 4 new g5 villians
My top pick would be cozy glow bc she would wreck havoc in g5s magic-new world
same
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Twilight’s story is done. The changelings are done. Cozy’s story is done. This whole era is done.
Give us something new, something exciting. Not necessarily in Tell your Tale, but in Make your Mark or another special.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Ring Team
As much as I enjoy reacting to people who still think FiM should still be going with, “Really, bruh? You want FiM to be the young girls version of Spongebob/The Simpsons?”, and people who think G5 should’ve just been G4 rebooted with, “Really, bruh? What’s that with how you’re supposedly sick and tired of lazy cash grab reboots?”…I do understand the appeal of wanting some loose ends from FiM tied. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve happily moved on from G4, unlike some, but I do feel that there is story potential in G5 that can be fulfilled through revisiting G4. I mean…just look at the comic arc with Discord. That’s been lauded as one of the best things we’ve gotten from G5.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Artist -

@CloudMistDragon
I haven’t read the comics and I don’t plan on reading them now, especially if the story of certain elements is told in comics instead of Make your Mark.
I don’t want to have to open a comic to learn about a character of the show, I want the show to speak for itself.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@icicle wicicle 1517
Keep in mind, it’s rare when bronies universally agree something is good when it first comes out and even rarer when they universally agree a comic arc is good when it first comes out. But I’ve definitely seen some people praise that comic arc highly for its emotional weight with Discord and the moments between the Mane 5.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #E8C9
You are aware 3D content takes time to make, right?
You have to write a script, make a storyboard, create some keyframes for the 3D characters (and one shot per animator is usually made), make the animation, refine it, make sure the rig doesn’t crash, apply the textures for both the characters and the background, render all the frames at the highest quality, wait for the render time to finish, pray for the PC to not crash, etc.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Yeah duh. So does 2d, and any form of animation. 3D is preffered in tv studios modern day bc u only needa make something once rather then draw every frame
MYM is taking so long bc the studio behind it is new to 3d production pipeline
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
Wow, they continued even after you pointed it out. People don’t care about facts and logic, I’m shocked.
My apologies, I don’t want to be mean with how I’m chiming in here, but I need to be blunt. You are not going to change this person’s mind by arguing with them. If a toilet joke’s all it takes to have their mind made up, what good is debating with them going to do?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide