MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #20D4
Why are the idiots that write this shit even still trying? They clearly have no talent and should never be allowed to write so much as a grocery list ever again. Great job ruining everything that G5 took a decade building up, you terrible, terrible, hateful losers. What was it about G4 that made them so pathetic as to decide to ruin it forever?
I can’t think of anything more pathetic than getting a job on a new MLP show for the sole purpose of tarnishing the previous series. It’s truly a shame that people as hate-filled as that are even allowed to work on TV. This series is one big passive aggressive middle finger to MLP for being more popular than Steven Universe or whatever. So sad to see.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #20D4
Wow literally nothing of value was said here lmao. You offered no points on why its bad other then “More popular then steven universe” or whatever (they were different tv generations bro, steven started when the mlp fandom hit its peak)
Yes obv the show will be rough at first, so was gen 4, your rose tinted glasses just make you see anything not g4 as bad.
Early installment weirdness happened in g5, it happened in g4
https://youtu.be/bCgWh-21keo
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@LoreJuniper
I said G4 was more popular than Steven Universe. The G5 writers are Twitter-types and were JEALOUS that their favorite show was overshadowed by G4, so they decided to call Twilight an evil dictator and pretend that she DESERVED to be killed by the villain. They’re playing the sympathy card with her. “It’s not really her fault she’s evil, she did the right thing to the G4 characters. They made her this way.” BULLSHIT!!!! They only say that, because they HATE G4!!!!!!!
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@Phoenixflambe
Hey, I’m sorry, but it’s just my opinion. It’s not fair what they did to G4. Why did they not just let it go out in peace? Why did they have to ruin it with this G5 storyline. It’s so depressing. It feels like they killed all of out childhoods. Why couldn’t they just leave well enough alone? Why do they hate G4 so much?!
It makes me so sad that now we’ll never get a G4 reunion special/series. Remember Fuller House? I loved that that show brought back all of our favorite actors and actresses. They managed to do it before Bob Saget’s death. It was so cool! But now, the G4 actors will never be able to return as their characters. Not even as a one time thing. They said that Twilight went evil, then died. It’s such an insult to us!!!
We’re all going to feel like shit when the first major actor from G4 dies, which is obviously going to happen at some point. I’ll never forgive G5 for being the sole reason that whoever that person is was never able to play their fan favorite character again.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
When Star Trek: The Next Generation came out, the actors from the original series were pretty much looking too old for a significant amount of epic stories to be told with their characters, so it made sense to pass the torch. Animation doesn’t work like that, though and even if it did, all the MLP actors are still spry and youthful. They killed their characters off for no good reason, probably because they just hated G4. And now they’re not even telling good stories, because the writers couldn’t write their way out of a wet paper bag.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
G5 is the first gen to share a universe with a prev gen.
THAT’S THE PROBLEM!!!!! That is not a good thing!!!! It’s a fucking INSULT to us to tarnish this universe in this way!!!!!! MAKE IT SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!
But they couldn’t do that!!! They hated G4 so much that they couldn’t leave well enough alone, they had to destroy the universe we came to love so much!!! Ugh!!!!! I’m so sick of this Brony hivemind. Anyone being honest knows that this is a huge problem and ruins the show. You have to pretend to like it because of brand loyalty, even as they spit in your face.
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
@Background Pony #20D4
While I do agree with that G5 shouldn’t have connected to G4, I wouldn’t be so aggressive about it. It was also stated in an article that they didn’t want to start from scratch, so they used G4’s world as a starting point. The mane 6 probably won’t make a huge impact on G5, as it’s trying to pave its own way.
Background Pony #13BA
@LoreJuniper
For flashbacks it makes sense. In the current time, I’m not sure, since they’re most likely dead. Still makes me wonder what happened to the Crystal Empire. Perhaps the eternal blizzard finally destroyed it and its residents.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@LoreJuniper
It sucks.
@Background Pony #13BA
If they can’t figure out how to start a new world from scratch, they have no business working in the television industry. Total hacks. And the absolute nerve of them to think that we’d care about their terrible new characters and stories after setting it in the universe of an infinitely better series would be hilarious if it weren’t so pathetic.
@LoreJuniper
Fuck that.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #20D4
Geez man you act like they killed your damn kids. If you have nothing constructive to say then leave.
You havent given a single actual critique of the show. The most in depth thing youve said is “it sucks”
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
@Background Pony #20D4
I hate it too but it is what it is and we’re just going to have to live with that. As long as they don’t make major retcons to G4, kinda like how the G5 comics are doing it. Keep in mind that the team working on G5 with the occasional veteran is entirely new.
Background Pony #20D4
Does anyone else think that this series has death cult vibes? “It’s okay that all of the characters you cared about are dead. Death is not only a part of life, it’s the best part of life. That’s why we sped the process up for you, without giving you any closure. Just accept it. We all need to die someday. Why not immediately? No time like the present, right?”
Like seriously, it’s the creepiest shit ever! Excuse me for wanting to see the characters that we actually liked be alive!!! It’s not like G4 was 50 years ago, it feels like it was just yesterday still on the air. I’m not one to accept immediate mass-death!!!!
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@Background Pony #13BA
Well, it’s how it feels to me! And the fact that there is absolutely no analogous example in the entire history of TV proves that it’s a universal human feeling that you should not kill off every single last character in a show after just a couple of years. The closest equivalent is Star Trek, where the original show had been off of TV for decades. It’s not at all the same and it’s not at all acceptable. If it were, another show would’ve done it by now.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@LoreJuniper
No they’re not. It’s literally never happened before. Ever. Not like this. I just said, Star Trek was off TV for decades. This has NEVER happened before. Even something like Batman Beyond kept the main characters from the original series alive, they were just old. This has never happened before, because it’s a bad idea. Only someone who loves death would even think about doing something this stupid.
I also feel like they want to make kids accept total cataclysm as our inevitable future. We all know that climate change or nuclear holocaust are likely right around the corner. The message should be about preventing the end of the world, but instead it’s about “Kids, even when the worst possible thing inevitably happens in your lifetime, there at least might be a few thousand humans on Earth during your kids’ kids’ kids’ kids’ generation, after everything has been destroyed and they might rebuild something resembling society. Maybe. But as for you, you should give up.”
Like I said, made by Twitter folks. You ever heard the term doomscrolling? This show is the perfect representation of the mindset of someone who does nothing but doomscroll all day. “Life is pointless and we’ve all failed. The only thing left to do is to accept our death.”
I refuse to.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide