MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Haunted House
They debuted the new episode in a compilation again. I guess that’s the norm now.
The Mane 5 are still in costume. Cool. Still 2 more Thursdays left in October so I wonder if they’ll still be in costume the next 2 episodes.
I guess Trick or Treating doesn’t have an age limit here…and they also do Trick or Treating now. Still, I see they are getting carrots and apples for treats. Nice to get a reminder that they are equine-shaped people every once in a while.
THE PRODIGAL DAUGHTER RETURNS! Posey is back and as miserable as ever. Good to know Misty hasn’t taken her role now. It was strange that she got spooked by Trick or Treaters, but let’s be honest she was just scared from seeing her tormenters again.
I guess the rest of the town is used to Sparky now, at least enough to recognize his magical mishaps. And TBF, you didn’t give them a treat so they have to give you a trick.
Ew, almost a fart joke. Posey wanting really hard to strangle Izzy makes up for it though. One of these days she’s totes gonna go full evil and nobody will blame her.
Casual racism on Pipp’s part. I’m surprised we don’t see more of it to be honest.
Definitely a contrast between Misty’s reactions to Opaline addressing her. Last episode/a couple hours ago she was full of hope at getting complimented by Opaline. This time she was expecting stern demands.
Whether or not she rigged up a haunted house on her own in a few minutes or just hijacked someone else’s, that’s still a clever of Misty to utilize the Mane’s own desire against them. Misty is doomed to failure but not because she’s incompetent.
Pipp’s the only one not frightened at the scares but she’s also missing out on all of them.
Is Opaline physically there? Misty can smell her breath and Opaline can drag her around. I guess it’s more than just an intangible apparition.
Everyone already mentioned the fart joke. I’m just gonna say it’s an obvious joke fans have been making for years so yay canon whatever let’s not mention it again.
One of these days I’m going to see this Scooby Doo joke happen in a legit adult horror movie and it not feel out of place. But until then I appreciate and thank the reference.
Once again I get duped by Pipp’s e-celeb status actually having plot relevance, however minor. But ending the episode on Misty accidentally running a successful haunted house out of karmic comeuppance is great. She’s going to ingratiate herself to the town completely by accident.
This episode’s humor was a bit more crude at parts, and only Opaline’s garlic breath didn’t make me shake my head. But other than that everyone was spot on. I’m still waiting for Sparky to be anything but a “cute baby” though.
I’m totally waiting for Posey and Misty to meet and just be the bestest of best friends out of mutual exasperation of the Mane 5.
Background Pony #369F
One of these days she’s totes gonna go full evil and nobody will blame her.
I actually doubt it, maybe a minor nuisance, but not a full out evil.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I wonder. Are there any people who unironically enjoy Opaline. It seems like people do not care for her.
Of course I know one fellow who probably likes her…
Background Pony #486A
I’m “eh” on her. I don’t hate her, but I can’t really take her seriously as a threat (especially one that drove Twilight to such extreme lengths).
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
She’s also a little too abusive. Like I get it she is the villian and she is supposed to be an abusive mother figure to Misty. But they pour on so hard where it didn’t even need to be put in, I can’t take it too seriously.
I guess she does have some funny lines though.
But I will be honest, and this is more of a subjective take, the trailer made me think they were going subvert my expectations and make Misty and Opaline seem somewhat chummy with each other even if Opaline was evil. I was really dissapointed when they just made Opaline the abusive master I expected before the trailer. But of coure that might just be me.
Background Pony #563E
She reminds me of Mother Gothel. I think that’s part of the issue for me. Gothel was technically a small-time villain who’s main threat was her manipulation of Rapunzel. I’m supposed to see Opaline as this huge villain but it doesn’t come across with the way they portray her. She honestly seems more like a washed up mom desperate to go back to her glory days.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Like I get it she is the villian and she is supposed to be an abusive mother figure to Misty
Well that’s the other side I really want to see. I want to see more of her motherly side. I mean she found Misty when she was little, like she had to have had her kind days. She was probably extremely lonely before she found her too. Another thing that piques my interest of her is that she wants to be also loved not just feared. I don’t know, they’re just so many possibilities the writers can do with her.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@CORDZ2000
I guess either way is fine. I guess I just prefer if she had more hidden components to her to be uncovered.
But to be fair, some characters like Ozai from Atla or Walt Disney era villians like Maleficent didn’t need those hidden traits.
That being said I wish they would tone down the threats from Opaline they get old.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I’m interested to see where they’re going with her. I like that we get to spend some time with her before the inevitable confrontation.
It’s only a matter of time before Opaline gets her hooves on the dragonfire, and I’m excited to see more of her unhinged side.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide