MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #D290
Hasbro hit the big drum for the G5 as the movie was a great success, and it seems that those responsible for the G5 production have been very listenable in the face of the critics and the fans.
For Sunny has obviously been given the “pony up” transformation ability to become an alicorn in emergencies like when she has to save her friends, confront potential enemies and be an inspiration to other ponies. This means that she will be a real alicorn much later. The dog Cloudpuff was a success in itself, and will of course play an important role in future adventures. Because according to IDW, it will be she who will discover Canterlot for the Mane 5. But for character development, the Mane 5 must come out for friendship problems, quarrels, experiences where you can learn lessons, solve mysteries - and most of all; rivals and enemies. Sunny as the most powerful pony in the world when she is an alicorn, needs a relentless and potential rival who can challenge her and her worldviews. Sombra from the G4 is almost perfect for such a role. But for moral and practical reasons, a reuse of Sombra can not be done. Then rather a descendant of him as a unicorn king with subjects and a kingdom. Because we know from the movie that “the Pony Nation” has 12 stars - which can mean 12 states.
The movie has left many unanswered questions, but also demands - and IDW is the first to answer this, as MLP G5 comic No. 1 will show Canterlot and its fate, something many had wanted to see on the movie. From the toy front, we know that the lighthouse has been rebuilt, and that the crystals or “the unity crystals” have replaced the light on the tower, making Sunny the guardian of the crystals. Not unlikely as her father has probably left most of the intact lore about Equestria’s past to her. The crystals are undoubtedly emptied of magic, but everyone knows from the lore that an object that can store magic can also take it back. So Sunny undoubtedly feared the worst when one of the crystals disappeared.
We do not know who the thief will be, but I hope it is a non-pony who was frightened by the return of the magic of the ponies and went to Maretime Bay and took the crystal with him to Canterlot. It’s too early in my opinion if it’s Sunny’s intended rival who’s behind it. It will give a start to find out what had happened to the non-ponies like griffons, dragons, yaks, kirins and several others.
The first special “almost-movie” will be released at the same time, and since Canterlot is mentioned, it may mean that we may find out what happened to the old Equestria and how or why the active magic disappeared. Only the passive magic seen with the use of hooves was left for the ponies. Or it could be where Sunny and her friends want to start figuring out what happened in the past.
The Youtube series is obviously for episodes that can stand on their own while the other series will probably be continuous in contrast to the G4, so Hasbro can hit the customer groups wide enough.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Okay, so I’ve been going through the new voice cast’s social media profiles and I’ll say something: I doubt their interpretation of Mane 5 will sound identical to the movie ones, BUT that doesn’t mean they’ll suck. They seem to really enjoy their work (like most actors when they get a role, or else it would be a little awkward) and I’m sure they’ll get add their own charming touch to the characters. Perhaps Ana Sani’s Izzy Moonbow might sound either like Sugar Snap from My Little Pony: Pony Life or a slightly more hyperactive Strawberry Shortcake. To be honest, I think trying to sound like the movie voices would be kinda uncreative.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Peace to all
@Background Pony #D290
Woah, I am totally out of the loop. Two series, not one?
Proceeds to look up second series
Yuck on that promo poster but I’ll admit that a lot of promotional material can suck worse then the final product so I can’t judge too harshly yet.
Proceeds to see short preview animation
Everything above still applies but that didn’t help my hopes seeing that promo art appears to be the full style. Oh well, just filling the gap for pony life on YT.
Canterlot
I could see them going a route of having more G4 stuff being referenced more heavily in the comics then the movies or shows. To keep them “evergreen” as they say.
Background Pony #D290
  1. It’s probably Sprout
  2. Sparky might give a clue about the dragons
Sparky Sparkeroni is the first non-pony in the G5, so the comic can serve as the introduction of this dragon that appears to be much younger than Spike at the beginning of the G4. It can also happen in the special, which also comes out in May. Dragons like to eat crystals, and we know that they are sensitive to magic even though they can not use magic beyond their own internal magic. So if she’s the thief, Sunny needs to hurry to save the crystal from a confusing and scared dragon cub.
Would not be surprising if she is related to some of the dragons from the G4, and was left to herself, maybe the egg may have cracked during the release of pony magic - which may have been forgotten in Canterlot. Her wings may indicate that the magic that cracked the egg was much stronger than Twilight’s magic in the G4.
Sprout? He is a wandering accident on four legs. he certainly has potential, but more like an anti-hero or unlucky hero than a villain. Do not think he will defy his own mother.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

In a bizarre twist of fate, Netflix licensed the version of Fly Me to The Moon from Neon Genesis Evangelion to play during the end credits of Make Your Mark.
Background Pony #3AE9
The art style leaves something to be desired. But other than that, I’m interested.
Background Pony #D290
@Background Pony #D290
i knew that her form is NOT a true alicorn form.
There is widespread agreement that Sunny is only an alicorn when she has a “pony up” as Pinkie had said in EQG when she and her friends got pony powers, and Sunset was a temporary alicorn when she confronted Midnight Sparkle. When she’s not “pony up”, she’s an earth pony for the rest of the day. Her alicorn powers will only be in the background, and brought out in critical situations.
Sunny’s fate is determined, she will become a real alicorn in the end. Until then, she will remain an earth pony that can become an alicorn in an emergency, and considering the magic of the G5, she is the most powerful pony even though her powers may only be a tenth of the original. On the toy front and from the IDW comics, it’s clear; she is an alicorn when she is “pony up”.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
My concern is that if the VA change is done poorly, then it’ll essentially be a soft reboot of their character. Think Miranda Keyes and Prophet of Truth from Halo 3, where the VA change made them feel like completely different characters.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I am sick of people blaming Twilight Sparkle for G5’s division. Hopefully the G5 writers will not make some reference to it like “lol twi was such an ass”.
The fandom called the royal sisters “useless” for years, then season nine came and made a joke about it. This just shows the new writers and those so called “fans” never actually watched the show.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@TOMNICE
To be fair, it’s not they are useless, it’s more like they aren’t useful enough but people seem to see the former as they’re not neutral like me.
But yeah, first and foremost, evil Twilight was meant to be an edgy joke and two, I really hope it doesn’t end up as what actually happened and the only way it can really happen is by IDW
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Phoenixflambe
Ironically I think Celestia could have been better if she were always weaker. But her strength lies in her mind and the ponies she teaches. I love to think Celestia also has a lot of foresight. And can predict things to some extent. Not perfectly and completly of course but still enough to make choices.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Sometimes I wish G5 just came out with the show so we could have more ideas what G5 as a whole would be like.
Just having one movie gives us little info. And a whole bunch of theories with not much to work off of.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide