MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Latecomer
The most disappointing but probably correct answer here.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
I think one of the problems Hasbro did with gen 4 is that, Hasbro was really slow when it came to them branching out but now things are happening too fast. If the show fails then what? It’s like they’re putting to much into this gen without letting it show for itself.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I think one of the problems Hasbro did with gen 4 is that, Hasbro was really slow when it came to them branching out but now things are happening too fast. If the show fails then what? It’s like they’re putting to much into this gen without letting it show for itself.
This was my thoughts, pretty much.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Kimiko Glenn isn’t Canadian, she’s from Arizona, but it’s still surprising not seeing her comeback since she’s more well known for being in to voice acting. Liza Koshy is also a surprise to me because she’s a YouTuber who had one show that not a lot people heard of – which also starred Kimiko as well.
Ditto. The only VAs I was skeptical of returning were Marsden and maybe Hudgens, since they were the most prominent out of the cast. Glenn and Koshy YouTuber-famous, and Carson is a literally-who.
Them recasting everyone makes me wonder if the movie should be treated as canon, because if the casting transition goes badly, the shorts and the show will come across as a soft-reboot of G5…which would really disappoint me if that happened, because I really liked the G5 movie.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
The show is called Tell Your Tales. So it’s probably rolling out now as a way of re-introducing the characters and setting on a budget. Stuff that they would otherwise leave out of the hi-fi Netflix series. And obviously Hasbro is looking to establish a larger presence on YT. Remarkable though that they opted to avoid network television altogether.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
So it’s probably rolling out now as a way of re-introducing the characters and setting on a budget.
I guess you’re right.
My Little Pony: Make Your Mark, an animated series which will premiere as a 44-minute animated special on Netflix on May 26, followed by the launch of an eight-episode series with the same name on September 26. A second 44-minute special, My Little Pony: Winter Wishday, will debut on Netflix on November 21.
Woah.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
As much as I’m also against the bean mouth style like everyone else, I’m glad that it’s just for these YouTube series as opposed to the actual series itself coming later, cause I think even their target demographic for little girls would’ve noticed something was off if they would’ve implemented that into the series as well.
Background Pony #EB00
Berrow is apparently writing the G5 special, and will either be a writer for the series, or the showrunner.
Not really sure how I feel about this. She wasn’t one of FiM’s better writers, if I’m being honest.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Gotta be honest. 2D G5 looks ugly.
But using “calarts” as an argument is dumb as hell. It has no real meaning since it was actually used on Iron Giant first.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
They’re are so many fan artists that do a great job translating the 3d style to 2d really well so having the official style look unoriginal and awkward, is disappointing. But then again, the 5 minute episodic show on YouTube shouldn’t be expected to have the biggest budget. However, I’m extremely surprised how good the 3d for the Netflix show looks. And yes, people took the word Cal-Arts and ran with it.
Background Pony #DB50
@northern haste
Which ironically for most people well the ones I’ve seen at least who rant about it, is that anime counts as calarts due to the original styles being Disney inspired lol
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
What i find funny is that if any character has bean mouths then people will automatically call it “calarts”. Anyone remember Aardman?

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
At one point CalArts Was an actual was spaans I got one I was pointing out (at the time anyway) with pony life we only had a toy commercial and not an actual trailer.
Even at the time I could tell the toy commercial was not accurate to the actual show.
By the way I’m not referring to the artstyle of pony life
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide