MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
I mean if you want to assume G5 is even further than let’s say 100000 years where everyone in g4 is definitively gone then sure. I guess all they need to do is avoid mentioning g4 and try not to deliberately connect it. After all what happened between the period is vastly unknown.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial
Okay, Phoenixflambe’s comment about alicorns living really long reminded me of something: One of the G5 maps shows that there is a large body of water behind Zephyr Heights. If it really is on the same mountain where Canterlot was located (but in a different part), it means that either a part of Equestria sank into the ocean or split off into another continent. If it was split off into another continent, there’s the possibility that Flurry Heart is still alive and ruling the Crystal Empire. Perhaps she eventually drifted away from the rest of Equestria for some reason and didn’t mind the split into two continents.
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Continental drift between FiM and ANG. Now that is a time-skip. Has anyone made a thread to discuss the plate tectonics of Equestria?
Alternately, there was a cataclysmic war when the ponies divorced and Equestria went from being flat into being round and there no longer is any way for mortal ponies to reach the Crystal Empire or the dragon lands.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The idea sounded interesting until I’ve read Flurry Heart. An underwater city sounds great for world-building purposes, but if it’s only there as an excuse for Flurry Heart to return, then no.
I kinda prefer something like the world of Breath of the Wild, where part of Equestria’s world has sone ruins. I think this might work for visual storytelling purposes, just to make the world big, expansive and ambitious for Sunny and her friends. Even the film kinda hinted that with the Wonderbolts scene.
Background Pony #0AEE
Idea for G5 S1 finale:
One of Argyle’s historical records tells of the return of an ancient evil.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Considering how she was introduced as a major character, we would expect that she would have more appearances and more of a reason to justify her existence but over the course of the rest of the series given her sporadic appearances here and there, they’ve never done anything to her and what they did was just have her act like a typical baby interchangeable from other fictional babies. That and in my opinion, her writing was weak at best and infuriating at worst (i.e., A Flurry Of Emotions)
Even if I’m not big on her, I do like her fandom interpretation, same thing goes for Lyra and Bon Bon.
Background Pony #0AEE
I hope Neil Patrick Harris guest stars in G5, and his character has a duet with Izzy.
(A duet between Kimiko Glenn and Neil Patrick Harris would be awesome!).
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I always thought if Sunny and Twilight lived in the same together. Sunny would have been like a big sister to Twilight.
Its ironic how I’ve always thought of as Sunny as a pony the Mane Six would look up to as a legendary hero.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@WyrmSpawN
I guess I’m thinking of the Mane Six during Season 1 before they became more experienced.
Sunny seems like she always had that charismatic leader vibe to her. Twilight in the first season didn’t have that larger than life inspirational presense that Sunny had.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@hironakamura
This guy is blaming all the movie’s faults on the character. Oh, and WAH! Sunny is such a bad pony because she puts stickers on things, and crashes the ridiculous techy fart-fest. So criminal.
I like her more now simply because she annoys this guy.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think Hitch and especially Sunny were fine in the movie. If anything, the film captures a certain sense of wonder that wouldn’t work without these types of characters.
Hopefully the music will be better in the upcoming special and TV show, because dear god, this is a “pop music starter pack”.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Pinto Bean
You really can be arested if you vandalize property by drawing on them or putting stickers on them irl. She also trespasses every year at the Canterlogic event. She doesn’t get fined or punished in any way because her cop friend goes easy on her.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
@hironakamura
I mean, I’d rather a cop that goes easy on someone that doesn’t really do that much harm (and was intent on arresting her for what she did until she proved that her quest had merit) than the kind of corrupt cops people deal with in real life.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
Sprout’s the only one that’s actually doing his job. He knows Sunny breaks into Canterlogic every year. So does Hitch but unlike Sprout, Hitch always goes easy on Sunny no matter what bilaws she breaks, no matter how many she breaks. And she does it every year. Sprout looked like the only one willing to do his job to arrest Sunny.
hironakamura
Artist -

@TheFinite
There are many kinds of corrupt cops. An example is going easy on a friend who breaks the law repeatedly every year just because their friends. Its like taking a bribe. Its not fair for other ponies who would also break the law but is not friends with Hitch.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide