MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #CC06
Sunny and Twilight are very different characters. What makes them a bit comparable though is their determination, even though Sunny is more determined to do the right thing.
That said, the G4 purists are gonna use this as an excuse to say “nah, G5 is not as good”.
@Phoenixflambe
Starlight. Both have done similar things, both have similar motivations and similar attitude.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@WyrmSpawN
Well even if somebody wants to argue that Sunny is the chosen one in G5 because she became an alicorn, she is going to have to figure out all that leadership stuff on her own. Her father is gone. She doesn’t have a Celestia or anyone else to look to for guidance. At least not yet.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Pinto Bean
I love this type of conflict, because it’s pretty relatable when it comes to figuring out your own goals. I just hope they don’t make Sunny the alicorn most of the time or even as the solution to every problem in every episode.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Ring Team
Well said. Coming from such humble beginnings I think it will be that much more rewarding to see how she develops over the next several years. Even as an alicorn it’s hard to imagine her presently as being the pony with all the answers but we’ll see.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
What I’m more interested in what new locations they’re going to come up with. I’ve always been a settings/different cultures/world building kind of guy and I want to know what other civilizations or worlds they’re gonna visit and explore.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Myoozik
Considering the map being completely different, I’ll say some places will ring a bell and yet being different.
@Ring Team
I knew you’ll say that. I’m just waiting for someone to do a parody video of Danger, Danger but with Starlight in Sprout’s place.
Background Pony #CC06
Hitch asks Sunny to try to compromise with Sprout, or at least be civil with him.
Sunny asks why the onus is on HER to be civil with Sprout, when she’s not the racist.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
what happened to that crazy person here who kept whining about the movie whenever they got the chance?
i haven’t seen the since the release of the movie, did they get banned?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Pinto Bean
I’m kind of conflicted about bringing back Discord (or G4 characters in general). It could be a lot of fun, but it could also tempt the writers to get bogged down in mindless fanservice.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@DoctorWTF
Yeah that’s true. I wouldn’t want NewGen to be frequently looking back on FiM. Seems though that it may take some omniscient type character to bridge the gap.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Phoenixflambe
NewGen is probably going to need some sort of character to put the past into perspective, because none of characters in the movie (besides maybe Argyle) seemed to know anything about what caused the pony tribes to brake up. And in general he’s just an interesting, timeless character that can mix up an otherwise predictable storyline.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide