MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

hironakamura
Artist -

@Pinto Bean
After magic was restored, a scene in the movie was provided to show the crystals in Bridlewood begin to glow. Just like a lot of things in the movie, this wasn’t explained but if the movie spared a few seconds of its previous run time to show this, it must mean something.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I don’t imagine the crystals meaning much. Look more like set dressing to me. Makes the forest look more magical despite having none.
Background Pony #E343
@TOMNICE
The first one is in the ‘real world’, the second one appears in a song. It is just a reference in this case. Don’t you find weird that there is a roller coaster in the song? It is not supposed to make sense. The same goes for Izzy’s song. The group travels to different scenarios during her song. They even go to a talk show. It doesn’t need to make sense. It is for the song only.
Background Pony #D032
I like the idea of Rob from G5 being an average pony just trying to get on with his day while Sprout is taking over the town.
Like, Rob sees Sprout leading an angry mob through town to fight the unicorns and pegasi, and he just gives an exasperated sigh because the mob is blocking the way to the post office and he really needs to send a letter to his mother who lives in a retirement home in another town.
Background Pony #6FC9
What if in G5, Sunny is faced with a moral dilemma when she realizes she might have to kill a villain?
hironakamura
Artist -

@Background Pony #6FC9
She doesn’t need to kill a villain. A more relatable and scary situation is making friends with the wrong person.
This is a g1 episode called Fugitive Flowers. The story holds up. The ponies meet these giant monster crabs that they thought were bad guys trying to hurt these tiny flower creatures. It turns out the tiny flower creatures are the evil and dangerous ones and they fooled the ponies into protecting them.
Making friends is good but choosing friends wisely is a virtue. Imagine Sunny trying to make friends with parasprites or timberwolves and eats crow in the end.
Background Pony #CF50
@hironakamura
Why would there be a moral dilemma? She’ll just kill villain and then have a party with her friends. Many villains were already killed in G1 and G4 (G3 didn’t have villains or even antagonists at all).
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #4F3C
King Sombra. Twice.
I don’t know about Avatar the last airbender because I haven’t watched it, but if you’re talking about killing a villain, then it’s perfectly possible (Disney already did that many times with their animated movies). Other thing is: Is Hasbro interested in any type of death for the villain (even something as light as what happened in The beginning of the End)? I’m gonna say no.
I think it depends on the context of G5. And based on what we’ve seen in the movie, I don’t think we’re gonna see something like that. And it doesn’t have to.
SunBurn
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Of we’ll see villains turned to stone like in G4. Of course, it isn’t technically death (unless they get shattered) but but it does allude to such. Remember when Rockhoof wanted to be turned into a statue and how that was interpreted as analogous to suicide?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide