MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Also, if the crystals were created in anticipation of magic disappearing, it’s rather likely that somepony would have made some effort to archive Equestria’s magical knowledge.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I wonder if the unicorns have regressed to tribal culture/technology? In anthro, would they be in loincloths?
@DoctorWTF
Who’s to say the villain responsible didn’t destroy said archive? After all, Tirek destroyed the library and only one book survived…
GlitchedWolf
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
I wonder if the unicorns have regressed to tribal culture/technology?
Kinda confusing how they did that though, yes they’re used to having magic but when they realized it was lost all that time ago they could’ve started doing things the earth pony way. It makes sense how they went to living in trees at first (Izzy shows that their horns are strong enough to carve trees) but with how long magic was gone they could’ve started learning how to do things with their hooves. (And not just simple DIY things, I mean more like building better entertainment, better housing) The only argument I can think of that’s against this is that earth ponies are meant to be strong but the pegasi were doing pretty well building wise.
(Also hi, I finally got to watch the g5 movie, was way better than I thought it’d be! :D)
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@TheGlitchedWolf
I mean, based on their home and visible lack of electricity. Like I imagine Izzy being dressed in a loincloth.
Though now I imagine Zephyr Heights fashion is a cross between ancient Greek and Roaring Twenties flappers. (Apparently Pipp’s wings were supposed to resemble a 20s feather boa)
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@TheGlitchedWolf
When the movie first showed off Bridlewood, most of the unicorns were shown to still be in a deep depression over losing their magic - for some reason, even foals who would have no memory of having magic. That may account for the relative lack of progress.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
The separation can’t have been for more than 1000 years given the lack of a language barrier…
@DoctorWTF
Izzy aside, Alphabittle seemed quite happy (and full of himself) so maybe there’s something we’re missing…
GlitchedWolf
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@DoctorWTF
Sure, for the first few months or years for the worse cases. But that shouldn’t effect any of the ponies born after then, and most of the grown ponies could’ve gotten past it with all the time it was lost.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@TheGlitchedWolf
That’s just it - you’d expect that the unicorns would eventually move on with their lives, but what we saw strongly indicates otherwise (particularly with “magic” being one of their forbidden words).
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
So, the crystals in Bridlewood… obviously not a random thing. Any ideas on their origin? Or why they are in Bridlewood?
Just making some loose connections here… One thought is that Bridlewood is somehow connected to The Crystal Empire. Recall the glum, depressed, and paranoid crystal ponies from G4 prior to the activation of the crystal heart, and compare them to the ponies of Bridlewood who have seemingly “lost their sparkle”. Although, not all the ponies in The Crystal Empire were unicorns…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide