MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
The fact that I managed to laugh at the product placement parodies in the movie really says a lot about it. Like I never thought that a horse pun based off of Nike’s, Spotify or McDonald’s would get a laugh out of me.

Anyone feel the same way?
Fwelin
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

After seeing the G5 movie, I’m cautiously optimistic. If they actually cover the topic in the later installments, I hope that Twilight’s Equestria got at least a millennium of peace and harmony before whatever happened went down.

I’m hoping Sunny’s horn and wings are temporary, maybe coming back every once in a while in special moments. They look like magical constructs and I doubt they’d change the main character design this early, so I think there’s a pretty good chance. I’d be fine if she manages to get a proper set later, though.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I’m glad that by the end, the crystals were actually useful instead of just being generic macguffins. I knew that the real link to bring all races together was themselves talking it over all along, but I never expected that the unicorn, pegasus and earth pony crystals would be of value.
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@Fwelin  
I don’t imagine they’d really go into detail in later installments, but even just from what we’ve seen in the movie it appears that peace and harmony even lasted through the beginning of this new era, since the abandoned station at Zephyr Heights had travel posters for Maretime Bay and Bridlewood Forest featuring all 3 kinds of ponies on each.
Background Pony #FE5E
When Sunny finds out that Phyllis put a contract out on her father and confronts her on it, Phyllis goes on a rant about how she HAD to, because Argyle was a threat to the status quo, and if earth ponies no longer feared pegasi and unicorns, they wouldn’t buy her products, which meant that Canterlogic would go out of business, which meant that the entire town would collapse economically.
Background Pony #FE5E
G5 episode idea:

Sunny’s smoothie business gets bought out by a huge conglomerate and gives Sunny a big sum of money, but Sunny isn’t pleased with the changes made to her smoothie business.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Also I’m seeing a lot of what I was afraid I would see (though completely expected) now that G5 is started - attempts to drag the convoluted and overly complex lore of G4, which ended two years ago, into a new generation; I know it’s the same world technically but I figure a not-insignificant chunk of the fandom is gonna spend all of G5 complaining about what no-longer-relevant stuff from G4 should or should not be dragged into a new generation instead of enjoying it as is. To each their own I guess, if that’s what makes em happy.

Yeah there are some significant similarities between G4 and G5. Hopefully the fact that G5 exists in same world won’t stifle creativity. Personally I would have been fine if G5 was something completely different, but so far it seems that it ended up being a sort of a tribute to its predecessor, which is also fine. But if there are some inconsistencies here or there down the road, I’m not going to complain.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Putting the pieces together a little is fine since it’s a continuation in time of the same world, I’ll prolly do that too, just don’t get mired too deeply in the details of it. As in, oh that location looks familiar wonder if it’s the same as x location just with time, wonder what happened VS this does not fall perfectly in line with a random thing said by a background pony in X episode CANON RUINED GENERATION OVER REEEE

Map makes sense I like it
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
@EquusStorm  
There are so many inconsistencies found in My Little Pony in general to the point that I always take official things for granted and if I don’t like them on a personal level, I just redesign them with my headcanons.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Lol yeah pretty much, G4 itself had some lore shifts that required headcanon-ing, I guess that’s probably due to having a huge set of freelance writers eventually that made keeping stuff connected quite difficult.

Another thought, regarding one of the end scenes  
Mention is made of the crystals only coming together after the leaders came together and not before when true friends were present; Pipp essentially got knocked out of the lighthouse and was not present when Izzy and Sunny put’em together at the last second… I wonder if had she been present would that have changed things? Not sure what the crystal logic is but if we’re explicitly dependent on all three races being present and friends when they are united, maybe that delayed it a bit?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide