MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@DerpyFast  
Another good point. Yeah, didn’t expect Zipp to be the one dealing the feels-punches.

So I’m about to rewatch the movie, except in English this time. Just browsed Derpibooru some before though and it reminded me that my favorite clip of G4 is actually in the G5 movie.

(Movie clip incoming; .webm with sound at the source)

I’d laugh so much if the first season ends with the Mane Five discovering who created this whole separated and distrustful mess… only for an old unicorn mare with a white coat and graying purple hair to step out of the shadows and answer Sunny’s question of why she did all this…

”Because I’m a unicorn and we’re E V I L !

This scene was so great. The voice acting (despite sadly not being Rarity’s actual voice), the facial expressions, the transitions of that same face and the background into an evil green sky… The eye twitch at the start too.
Background Pony #FE5E
I’m just gonna say it:

The G5 movie is better than the 2017 G4 movie.

And judging from their respective IMDB ratings, the majority agree with me.
Background Pony #AC19
@TOMNICE  
They are friendly. Of course she would like them. Just look at Izzy. She is so energetic and positive.
Background Pony #9485
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
There’s only two ponies in the sheriff’s department. Maybe Sprout was the only applicant, plus it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for Phyllis to apply some pressure on Hitch to promote him to deputy.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
im not even sure she would have to bribe like did u see how everyone basically worshiped her and her inventions, she kinda was the closest thing to a leader of the town herself at the beginning.
Background Pony #9485
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
But Twilight didn’t come back to save the day! That obviously means it’s a huge failure. :P

Jokes aside. Does anyone think maybe the loss of magic might actually have been a punishment for the ponies (like maybe for forgetting about friendship or something) rather than the work of a villain? Twilight might have foresaw what would happen and created the crystals to help restore magic, but it’d only work once the tribes become friends again, and thus fixing their mistake and learning their lesson.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Alright, I finally saw the movie

It was good, not great but I enjoyed it. The story was decent enough, though I did predict that there was gonna be an earth pony crystal and I was right. I also did predict that it was all three races uniting as one that would get them their magic back, but I thought that the crystals would just be useless macguffins when they surprisingly weren’t. I did like some of the songs, but Sprout’s solo song, the one that parodied Smells Like Teen Spirit I didn’t like, I thought it sucked. Also, while I thought the pacing was good in most parts, I felt like they were a few scenes that felt rushed like the one where the Pegasus Royal Family got exposed as frauds, that went by a bit too quickly for me.

The characters were really likeable, my favorite being Izzy Moonbow, she’s a precious snowflake wo deserves all the cuddles in the world! <3 My least favorite character was Phyllis, she was acting too much like a stereotypical Karen, didn’t make her have a lot of depth to her character. Sprout was an okay villain, I honestly didn’t care for him but he could’ve been better, though I will say that that he was the funniest, all the jokes landed when he was around. The voice acting was great from everyone around.

The jokes were mostly funny, I laughed at a lot of scenes and only a few made me roll my eyes, the animation was breathtaking, and I really liked the appearance of the Mane 6 in the beginning, gave me a lot of nostalgia vibes and a reminder that I really miss G4 :(

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, and I’m looking forward to the new series coming out next year.  
Final Grade: B+
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Why the fuck is it only a Mane Five instead of a Mane Six?! 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

If they were going to deviate from G4, it should’ve been SEVEN characters!!! Two of each of the three main races and one Alicorn, in this case, Sunny. Come on! Are they trying to disrespect the franchise?!
Background Pony #EB72
@Mikey  
Well, he could potentially break Rule #6 (Spamming, derailing, even if on topic), but if someone pisses him, he might break Rule #0, gotta remind what ya can do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide