MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #13BA
@xLeadMarex  
Oh yeah, I remember some folks speculating that. It’s possible what you said may have happened. But if the special or series does address it was her fault the whole time, what worth was her and her friends for anyway?
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Harmonio  
Hopefully it’s more like millions if not billions, so Twilight had what a mortal would call basically an infinite amount of time to enjoy her rein and to spread peace, harmony and love all throughout her land.
xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
@xLeadMarex
I understand were Twilight blamers are coming from, but I don’t think it’s fair to put all the blame on her. Hopefully, the movie gives us some hint on what happened during the duration of last g4 episode to this movie. I know they probably won’t explain it in detail but at least an idea would help.

May I ask, where exactly are they coming from? I’d like to know what made them come to the conclusion that Princess Twilight Sparkle shouldn’t of did stuff like make the School of Friendship or unite non-ponies with ponies, E.T.C. as in their mind it lead to a horrible ruler for Equestria?

I will admit, I am a supporter in terms of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and also prefer that the School of Friendship to not exist and for non-ponies to be separated from ponies (that or my A.U. alternative and have these creatures live integrated but, have less species exist, the amount of sentient creatures we were introduced to past season six was overwhelming in my opinion).
xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@SparkleDash
The time of FiM is referred to as “Ancient Equestria” in some of the promo material, so I’d presume that era ended with the rise and fall of another era between then and G5. Exactly how long that’d be could easily vary, but I’d put it at several thousand years in total at least.

Riiiight… I’m such a modern druggie that I’m still not used to Equestria being considered like… Macbeth era times, the times where religion was considered factual compared to science.
Background Pony #13BA
@xLeadMarex  
It was announced awhile ago that a special and a main series would come in 2022. It’s obviously not made yet, so there’s that.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@Background Pony #13BA  
They’re actually going to make a television series for A New Generation…? Admittedly, I’m not ready for it to take off, I expected for G.5. to not do well cause it’ll be solely on Netflix…
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I also was thinking that maybe it’s actually Twi had a successful reign and instead died of old age or something, a new entity of power was given the throne and since they didn’t understand how Twilight handled the kingdom, it went into turmoil when an evil entity took advantage of the new, naive royal?

That’s what I’m thinking. It was left ambiguous whether alicorns are truly immortal, or if they just have supernaturally long lifespans. Considering just how many times Equestria was pushed to the brink of destruction, it seems like it’s only a matter of time before someone failed to trigger the Deus Ex Machina.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
May I ask, where exactly are they coming from?

So basically some of Twilight blamers I’ve seen are thinking that Twilight is either immortal (debatable) or they’re coming from this idea that since Twilight was the princess they think she f up with something and the ponies separated during her reign of power. I don’t think they take into account or accept that not everything last forever or maybe Twilight was betrayed or something. We just don’t know as of yet what happened, but those blamers are so quick to blame, lol.
Background Pony #13BA
@xLeadMarex  
That’s right. And I’ve also heard that episodes may release at once instead of the weekly schedule G4’s episodes had. I have a feeling it may be short lived unlike FIM.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@xLeadMarex  
Yes, after the movie there will be a special and a series (two seasons seem to be confirmed, judging by Hasbro’s original plans back when the movie was supposed to have a theatrical release and the series was supposed to air on television).
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Actually, some things do last forever. Twilight is basically Pony Jesus. In Christianity, when Jesus comes back, there will be eternal life and eternal peace. The same was supposed to be true for Twilight, that’s why the final episode was called The Last Problem, it was literally the last bad thing to ever happen in Equestria. At least that’s how the G4 writers wanted it to be.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@SparkleDash  
So then how do you explain this line from The Ending of the End?

There will always be darkness in the world, but there will also always be those who find the light! The Pillars knew this! That’s why they created the Elements of Harmony! The Elements showed me and my friends how strong our friendship could be! Together we worked to bring harmony to Equestria! But there will always be more to do! Which is why we teach others about the Magic of Friendship! Others who will continue our mission after we are gone!
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@xLeadMarex
Yes, after the movie there will be a special and a series (two seasons seem to be confirmed, judging by Hasbro’s original plans back when the movie was supposed to have a theatrical release and the series was supposed to air on television).

full  
Here, I found it. The dates obviously changed due to the Pandemic, but it’s still very likely that the G5 series is getting at least two seasons. However, due to the way Netflix releases some of its animated series, seasons 1B, 2A and 2B may end up being released as seasons 2, 3 and 4.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Actually, some things do last forever. Twilight is basically Pony Jesus. In Christianity, when Jesus comes back, there will be eternal life and eternal peace. The same was supposed to be true for Twilight, that’s why the final episode was called The Last Problem, it was literally the last bad thing to ever happen in Equestria. At least that’s how the G4 writers wanted it to be.

I hate how you’re treating Princess Twilight Sparkle as a mascot of a religion I personally despise for reasons such as the example you’re making now.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
“We” did not include her. You’re acting like an offhand comment made by someone years ago is evidence of some deeper meaning. It isn’t. She may not have even fully realizes that she was about to become immortal at the time, but she knew it in The Last Problem.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide