MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
If the mane 6 do keep their original voices, it will only be if they fly to the us.

You think so? I always thought voice actors and actresses (if they’re close to a professional studio) could just send their lines without actually having to move anywhere.
Background Pony #57CE
Speaking of which, assuming that alicorns aren’t immortal, will this mean that Twilight indeed didn’t outlive her friends?
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I remember hearing that Tara Strong wasn’t involved in G5. Then you remember that Tara Strong denied knowing anything about Alicorn Twilight during season 3, and that NDAs are a thing.
Background Pony #121A
Speaking of which, assuming that alicorns aren’t immortal, will this mean that Twilight indeed didn’t outlive her friends?

This may not be answered if the writers behind the movie are smart enough not to tell the story of how Twilight and the Mane 6 ended up in the “Elsewhere” dimension.

Thus, we can interpret how it happened, but in my opinion it is possible that Twilight will outlive her friends and continue to rule with Spike and the descendants after the Mane 6, and maybe she will be able to communicate with her friends. Because according to Jim Miller, non-alicorn ponies in the Mane 6 are so crammed with strong magic that they can avoid death - possibly by becoming spirit beings associated with “Elsewhere”, should they end up there. For from the third Kung Fu Panda movie we know that both the living and the dead who had become very strongly spiritually seen (“chi”) are able to enter the spirit realm; and then Master Oogway left the mortal realm - he ascended rather than die to get there. That may be what happens to Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow, Rarity and Fluttershy after their deaths, and thus may be in contact with the alicorns.

The dimension in which the alicorns occur is obviously as with Discord`s dimension of chaos which is the source of his supernatural powers, important for the ponies as their magic is linked to this dimension, “Elsewhere” where one can look into the past, present and future of every single pony in all generations from G0 to G5. That was what happened when Twilight ascended and gained the aliconhood, her whole life was predestined for this. This can be the “heaven” for all heroes and heroines who could become part of the collective magic of the ponies after their death or ascension.

But that probably means they can never return to the mortal realm even though I’m not sure there (Po killed himself to abduct the villain back to the spirit realm, yet he could return) - and about all the immortal and long-lived alicorns like Celestia and Luna must ascend when the time comes, we have a mechanism that can close them from future generations. Currently it is possible that the alicorns had to ascend when the magic disappeared, to save the balance in the world, not least by making the celestial bodies move around Equus and maintain the background magic.

They will not be gone, but they will not be in the mortal realm - gone for all but perhaps future alicorns.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
so alicorns and any pony who have strong magic inside them, will be like Jedi force ghost?

Something in it, yes. But I think more of spirit beings rather than force ghosts that we saw during the final settlement between the Jedi and the sith in the last Star Wars movie. The force ghosts may be able to manifest in the mortal realm if they are strong enough, but I do not think it is possible for the ascended and special magical strong ponies who can have much more indirect influence, and they will be a part of the collective. More like the ascended ancients in Stargate.

We will probably not see them after the movie, but future writers will be given an opportunity for future storytelling.
Background Pony #121A
Lots of pictures. And it is interesting that the written language of the ponies, which was originally in G4, has been replaced with English written language - if this remains unique in just the movie, remain unanswered. But perhaps the EQG has had an impact, and Twilight needs a common language for the “Friendship Empire” on at least three continents.

1. Pegasi definitely does not live in Canterlot. Their city has been erected on several mountain peaks, including by cutting off the mountain top on the fanon Mt. Canterlot and the side connect several mountain peaks together with artificial constructions. But they live OVER Canterlot.

2. Lots of modern technology taken straight from our world today, yet it seems that modern communication technology is not so widespread - perhaps because the ponies are far more socially minded than the humans?

3. Maretime Bay is definitely a resort in addition to being a village / town taken straight from the Mediterranean region.

4. Can see that Sunny has a lot to work to unite the three tribes together and reunite Equestria.

Yet the images are strongly marked by revealing as unusually little as possible, we do not get to see more than what is shown early, and it is geographically concentrated to only Maretime Bay and single homes - Hasbro has been so upset about all the leaks in G4 that they have brought in experts on secrecy from authoritarian states?
Background Pony #6ABD
@Background Pony #121A

I always thought MLP used scribbles so that kids who weren’t old enough to read yet could still watch contently. In-universe Twilight could understand the EqG humans and read text there, and vice versa.

The language they wrote and spoke has always been English, just with the name “Ponish” given later on. In episode 1 the guidebook uses symbols like horseshoes for letters. It’s just a little idea for words at the beginning they didn’t end up going with (wouldn’t really call it a retcon). In-universe you could headcanon it as Old Ponish.
Background Pony #121A
I always thought MLP used scribbles so that kids who weren’t old enough to read yet could still watch contently. In-universe Twilight could understand the EqG humans and read text there, and vice versa.
The language they wrote and spoke has always been English, just with the name “Ponish” given later on. In episode 1 the guidebook uses symbols like horseshoes for letters. It’s just a little idea for words at the beginning they didn’t end up going with (wouldn’t really call it a retcon). In-universe you could headcanon it as Old Ponish.

An Englishman cannot understand and read a book in English from three centuries before. In my country we had something called “Gothic script” - completely incomprehensible despite the fact that the language remained the same with minor changes. A Viking a thousand years ago cannot understand an Icelander from our time right away. Twilight had several times come across older language writings in books, canon as fanon, as “Old Ponish”, which only she could read in contrast to the rest of the Mane 6.

Of course, the written language in the G5 movie should be different from what had existed over a thousand years before, and already in G4 one could trace several different written languages ​​that seemed to merge or be replaced by a new one. Latin writing seemed to emerge gradually but surely, and it is possible that Twilight, by integrating non-ponies with hands, had accelerated the development.

But it is no small annoyance that such a foreign world as Equus should have English straight from our own world, this could be a one-time phenomenon. The idea of ​​ponish writings in the G4 was to make the world of ponies more than just a fantasy copy of our world, with humans in four legs.
natef

I figured the scribbles were so foreign dubs didn’t need to change any visual text (or awkwardly explain it in subtitles)

Early on there was actually some English writing in the show with the “Welcome Princess Celest” gag
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #121A  
One could argue that what looks English in the audience’s eyes are not what ponies see. Ponies read their own Ponish language but to the viewers it is translated into English like how in Elder Scrolls there is some sort of Imperial language but it’s represented through English.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Yeah I think so too. I mean the fact that the Pegasi took over Canterlot, and the fact that magic isn’t as abundant as it once was means something big might of happened. I also think they’re might be lesser unicorns then what they’re once was.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide