MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #121A
The pegasi city is too high to be Canterlot, and there is not a mountain top in the solitary image we have of Zephyr Heights. In the G4 show, cloud banks around the mountain top on the nameless mountain were constantly seen high above Canterlot. Then it means that when the pegasi took over, they removed the mountain top and built a city there far above Canterlot. As the G4 show has shown the city from different angles, we know that it is located on a plateau where a stream flows from several waterfalls, and that the mountain itself is part of a ridge at the end of a local mountain range. From the G4 map we know that the Foal mountains are to the west, and from the S9 we know that the Rambling Rock Ridge is at the same height as Canterlot.

The mountain did not stand alone, it lies as part of a mountain plateau with lower land in all directions with many mountains and heights, which seemed to be at 600 to 1,000 m above sea level, and probably 300 to 400 m above Ponyville which lies at the bottom of a valley floor. The mountain plateau can thus have many different names divided into geographical features. The actual mountain that Canterlot is facing, seemed to be about 2,000 m high, as the tree line seemed to end probably about 150 m above the city itself. Then it meant that Canterlot is 900 m above sea level. As many high peaks and mountain peaks have snow, this means that these are in the “alpine climate” zone, which is usually 1,000 m to 2,000 m high. And from the show it seems that the mountain did not stick up alone, from S2 it has been discovered that there are “neighboring mountain peaks” to the east and northeast.

Zephyr Heights was probably not the name of the pegasi capital or of the mountain itself, but of the heights at one end of the mountain plateau that include the Ramling Rock Ridge (which may be the road Sunny and Izzy took when they were stopped by the pegasi) - with the dry stone surroundings as seen in the first recording of Zippy. Since Sunny and Izzy had come from the southeast, it would be logical that they went up on the Ramling Rock Ridge. From there they can look down on the Everfree valley and towards the White Tails Woods in the distance.

It is possible that Canterlot was abandoned or reduced to a small suburb, while the pegasi began to build its new city of 1,800 to 2,000 m, by removing the mountain top and connecting this with the other mountain peaks. As there are many tunnels and mine shafts through the mountain area around Canterlot, the pegasi can build the city from within the mountain itself. A bonus with this is being able to look down on Canterlot from very high up, the pegasi can become jerks if they want to. But it can have consequences for the valley below them, too much of the meltwater from the snow-capped mountain peaks may have either been lost or redirected, so it may be very different where Everfree and Ponyville are located. It is possible that the lake below Canterlot, Saddle Lake, which is important downstream, has disappeared.

But I do not think it has had consequences for agriculture in the valley, because without the earth ponies and they can not be too deeply dependent on outside food producers, it means that the pegasi must have had agricultural workers who could continue to grow food plants on the cultural landscape. A big city must have food. Lots of food. But; Ponyville by being downstream can lose its value as a food production site, and can be abandoned as a consequence. The practical earth ponies will go away rather than stay if the water is absent from their fields or if their village is flooded by a new river course.

I think Everfree will be intact, and that it has assimilated both the castle after Twilight and the Treehouse of Harmony, and remain a dangerous place. For not all magic is gone; it seems that a minimum of background magic is intact, and the crystals in Izzy`s home can be a solid indication that stored magic can survive in intact crystals. This may mean that the Crystal Empire may have survived, and that magical beings with internal magic - such as dragons - will not die out after the magic has disappeared. I see that many have now seen what the consequences of absence of magic can mean. It was a very bad idea to let the magic disappear without thinking about the consequences, when the script for the movie is being prepared.

In my headcanon, it’s possible that Everfree was where Tambleon once lay, when Grogar ruled before Gusty the Great rebelled against him. And then it meant that the magic of Everfree will not disappear so easily, but the unicorns will definitely refuse to have anything to do with something so dangerous. They probably prefer places where they can find stored magic, but the road to Crystal Empire will probably be blocked by ice and snow, just like when the Mane 6 got there for the first time.
Background Pony #466E
@Latecomer  
I have a feeling the movie and Season 1 will focus mostly on ponies with species only making rare appearances. The whole segregation is already a huge deal, no need to complicate things right from the start by (re)introducing tons other species. Once the new status quo has been established the can go crazy in the – hopefully many – future seasons.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
just had a thought, but depending on what happens with g5 do you think ALL generations after this will try and relate themselves back to g4/5 or will Hasbro go back to making each generation it’s own thing with no connection to the previous gen?
Background Pony #9FA0
G4 set the standard, but it doesn’t mean every generation afterwards has to be connected to it. There is such thing as beating a dead horse.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

just had a thought, but depending on what happens with g5 do you think ALL generations after this will try and relate themselves back to g4/5 or will Hasbro go back to making each generation it’s own thing with no connection to the previous gen?

For what it’s worth, that’s pretty much what’s been going on with Star Trek these days (for better or worse).
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I imagine Hitch Trailblazer will tag along with Sunny Starscout only because he wants to protect her. And on the way he befriends with Pipp Petals, Zipp Storm and Izzy Moonbow. There will be a darkest hour where Sunny Starscout says her goal to unite the tribes again was foalish and naive then he gives her motivational speech about how they become friends as the mane five.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
There will be a darkest hour where Sunny Starscout says her goal to unite the tribes again was foalish and naive

That’s one thing for sure that’s gonna happen. I would imagine Sunny just being alone talking to a decrepit statue of Twilight, were she just talks about how inadequate she feels.
Background Pony #121A
There will be a darkest hour where Sunny Starscout says her goal to unite the tribes again was foalish and naive
That’s one thing for sure that’s gonna happen. I would imagine Sunny just being alone talking to a decrepit statue of Twilight, were she just talks about how inadequate she feels.

It’s possible, because if the Mane 5 had to hide while deciding to continue towards Izzys home, Canterlot would be a good refuge. There they can find the statue of the Mane 6 that was seen in the last episode of S9 in G4. The furious queen may not think of the unicornss abandoned city in her search for the jewel thieves. This is where Sunny and her friends unite into the Mane 5 of G5 - in the shadow of the statue.
Background Pony #121A
On the toy front, toys have been released where the G4 Mane 6 has been released in the G5 pony design - and that is very interesting, because it could mean that we will see the Mane 6 - with both unicorn and alicorn Twilight Sparkle - in the movie. If Twilight has ascended to “Elsewhere” to join her friends in the end, it is possible that she may manipulate her appearance. And we know she was happiest in the first three seasons of the G4 in Ponyville.

My theory that Sunny will ascend to gain alicorn powers - temporary or not - and thus meet the Mane 6 who will be immortal spirits as part of the common magic of ponies, may have been strengthened by these new toys. The unicorn Twilight that could possibly switch to the alicorn Twilight / alicorn Twilight 2.0, could be the first thing Sunny will encounter. Everyone is possible in the world of spirits, a fact confirmed from many fictional worlds.

I think we will not see toys based on Alicorn Sunny and Alicorn Twilight until just before or after the movie has been released. It will fit well with Hasbro’s plans to attract interest from buyers.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Background Pony #57CE  
If that’s the case, who would be those sound alikes? If we do get to see g4 main 5, I could only imagine it would be in small spurts. It would boggle my mind if Hasbro got celebrity sound alikes to voice some characters that only speaks for like 10 seconds, but it’s not unlikely either.
Background Pony #57CE
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Well, i doubt they’ll use celebrity sound alikes, but they’ll probably use LA Sound alikes.  
If the mane 6 do keep their original voices, it will only be if they fly to the us. (Pinkie and Fluttershy’s voice was a guest on Ducktales, so it could work.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide