Happy Birthday, MLP:FiM! MLP:FiM turns 11 years old this year! Let's celebrate with an art event!

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Zipp is g5 BP
@Latecomer

Yes, and while I agree that diversity is good, it shouldn’t be used in place of good writing. Diversity in-and-of-itself is not good writing, and I don’t want to see the people behind this iteration fall into the trap of this pony’s characterisation is “lesbian.”
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Zipp is g5 BP
@Latecomer

Funny you should mention that, because when FiM started airing, the big media representation controversy of the day was that of women being written as shallow love interests. I believe Lauren herself said that when developing FiM, she consciously avoided writing love interests for the main characters in order to avoid that.

It’s why I feel that if there is more of a focus on love interests in G5, it’ll come as more of a shock to the fandom, since it really wasn’t a thing in G4 outside of past relationships and side character relationships.
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
True. On tbe other hand, there were those who felt that as the series went on (for far longer than Faust could have predicted) that policy outwore it’s welcome.

But I guess we’ll have to wait and see… and hope any romance, straight or gay, is written well.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I have a feeling for Faust, it might have been also for personal tastes. It seems to me Faust, as seen in that DC Superheroes Show or Powerpuff Girls, is far more interested writing about friendships than romance.

And I think that was fine. After all writing a romance, would require a good amount of effort to try to weave it in properly. And if you’re not passionate about doing it, then what’s the point?

But I would really love to see some more romance. That could help appeal a little more to the pre-teen and early teen crowd audience. If they’re up to the challenge, then they could make it fun and creative. Just don’t make it boring, make it fun, make it sad and so forth.

I personally would love to see more romance and more action.
Background Pony #20A9
More people will probably know about G5 than G4, just by being on Netflix, which has over 200 million subscribers, as opposed to G4 being on a channel a lot of cable packages don’t even offer.
Background Pony #20A9
Dr. Wolf theorized that Zipp has been compared to Rainbow Dash all her life.

I think it would be interesting for Zipp to have an inferiority complex due to her sister being next in line for the throne and being compared to Rainbow Dash.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Online Pony & Furry Merchandise Store

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide