MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I mean, smartphones have been around for 14 years, so they’re really not a “fellow kids” thing. In fact, they’re basically a staple of modern life, and the “fellow kids” are too young to remember a time without smartphones.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
@DerpyFast  
IMO it’s more about how they use them than anything. Pony Life I feel is an example of “Fellow Kids”ing it, as it jams in plotlines specifically about them into a universe where it doesn’t really fit or make sense. If the whole smart phone thing feels more natural here, then I won’t have a problem with it.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheFinite  
There was only really that one batch of episodes, which fans consider to be the weakest in the series anyways. Outside of that, I never got a “fellow kids” impression. But I digress.

@northern haste  
That would be such a great detail.
Background Pony #4A1B
/mlp/ is throwing a shitfit over the inclusion of phones.

What a surprise.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fluttershy’s attempt at an unboxing video was one of the better episodes.

But then we had a whole episode dedicated to Rainbow Dash deciding what apps she really needs on her tablet, which was one of the worst ones.

So technology in itself is neither good or bad - it’s all about how the writers use it.

Though Sunny’s bedroom did suggest a roughly 80’s tech level, which could be a neat way for the MLP franchise to reconnect with its roots.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
MLP FIM has always been inconsistent with what “level” of tech they have.

It’s always just been down to what they found the most convenient/funny
Background Pony #6ABD
Since the G5 characters were made for a world with smartphones it’ll probably be fine. I think Pipp will be portrayed as the most “modern” pony. Merch descriptions imply she’s a singer, so she probably gets connections on social media and such. The other ponies probably won’t use modern tech as much as she does. OH, and maybe the pegasi kingdom is the most technologically advanced? One of the screenshots (the Izzy tennis ball one) looks like there might be an elevator in the background. Maybe the Earth Pony and Unicorn kingdoms don’t have stuff like this?
Background Pony #6ABD
Oh, and one more thing. I was into the theory that Sunny and Hitch were siblings, but since Pipp and Zipp are confirmed to be siblings that’s less likely now.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I feel like the complaints about them adding phones feels like the same ones thrown when cartoons first started implementing Television Sets onto their shows back then, it’s technology moving forward and taking over our daily lives.
Background Pony #B91A
Zipp is the new Rainbow Dash and Hitch is the new Braeburn apparently. 😆
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide