MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
Wanting it to be popular because you want it go on longer as opposed to caring what others think, that’s completely valid. However, as I’ve said in the past, I can accept it ending in 2025 despite my strong desire for it to continue so long as it’s good.
Background Pony #23F1
@CloudMistDragon
The biggest problem is the anxiety of not having the answer as to whether it will last until 2025 or continue.
It cost money to start over, and a vacuum of many years is out of the question for a global company like Hasbro. They have put TYT on a low budget with surprisingly good results and got IDW to publish a surprising number of comic arcs which indicate that they are by no means finished. Besides, Cocks doesn’t want to waste money when he’s busy saving Hasbro, and for him the current situation isn’t bad. It’s also not the first time Hasbro has kept a low profile when it comes to MLP in bad times.
I find it extraordinarily unlikely that there will be a G6 when you know there is no time and effort available for it, G5 which has a potential, can continue for several years on a low budget. Everything therefore depends on what will happen when the contract with Discovery expires, but in my opinion a TYT 3.0 with a starting point in 2025 and further investment in IDW comics together with games is most likely for 2025-2026. A MYM 2.0 could appear as the “end” of the G5, but I don’t think Hasbro will think about this anytime soon.
The ideal situation would be TYT 2.0 and 3.0 - perhaps 4.0 - where the TYT design is further developed by adopting features from the MYM design. But then the episodes should be a bit longer, especially if there are to be two weeks between them. Based on what we have seen about TYT and IDW, it seems that something had resolved after the misery in 2023. This gives reason for hope.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #23F1
Yeah, I can envision Hasbro looking at the success of Tell Your Tale and just not seeing a reason to end G5 that early. They could very well be thinking, “Why take a risk on something new so soon when our target demographic is enjoying what we have now?”.
Background Pony #23F1
@CloudMistDragon
If it works, why take the chance? The G5 isn’t a smash hit, but it isn’t a failure either. Many people like the G5 regardless of whether it is MYM, TYT, IDW or games.
Background Pony #7ABB
Do you think they will ever address what happen to the Crystal Empire in G5?
Or is the Discovery Family issue too much to overcome from that?
Background Pony #7ABB
@Wiimeiser
So no mentions of Shining Armor,Cadance and the Crystal Empire except for references?
And there will be no building on their story unless it’s the comics?
Background Pony #7ABB
@Wiimeiser
So they won’t imply my worst fear
That Shining Armor died shortly after Twilight Sparkle became leader and the Crystal Empire shattered afterwards?
(It’s a long story on why I fear this)
SpectroKeronian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The end is neigh
Woah, has it really been that long since I’ve posted in this thread? Even tho I have watched this thread since A New Generation came out I decided to give my opinion on G5 so far.
It’s interesting what has been going on with this generation, both positive and negative stuff had happened over the course of the 3 years that passed. This might be a shocker to a few, but I don’t know how to feel about it. Me and a friend have been talking about this since ANG. He thinks it fumbled when MYM and TYT launched. For me, I don’t find them exactly fantastic, but I don’t see them as a gigantic failure either (even tho we do agree it’s not as successful as G4 was). The movie did make me believe that things were actually going to get better from there. That was until I heard the news that a switch up between studios was happening. The first “season” gave a terrible impression to me, but after that did try it’s best to stay afloat. The stories are passable, but not enough for me to recall certain scenes. TYT is an adorable mess, but I guess it works depending on the viewer. However, right now the lack of content for TYT has stopped me from watching it further.
Unfortunately, I found a lot more negatives than positives with G5 but that’s an entirely different rabbit hole I’m not comfortable discussing here ^^’
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Yeah, there’s a small part in the back of my mind that can’t help but feel like they’re winding G5 down, but I realize that’s mostly due to the snail’s pace new content is coming out at (the biweekly TYT, especially since there’s no more MYM to look forward to)
Background Pony #9575
@Wiimeiser
There are no rights issues at all. This whole rumor comes from an out-of-context quote from a Q&A panel. Discovery’s deal ends next year, and they’ve already brought back too much stuff from G4 to count.
In fact, Hasbro and Discovery are on such good terms, that Hasbro is uploading entire episodes of FiM on YouTube… for free!(May not work outside of the United States.)
And if you look through that YouTube page, it’s not a good sign for G5 fans. It seems as though Hasbro is already phasing out this new series and considering it a failure. G5 content is only about one fifth of what they’re posting now.
My speculation is that they’re going to try to merge the two worlds via time travel. Did anyone here watch Milo Murphy’s Law? If you did, you know that Doofenshmirtz was brought in as a major character for Season 2, which most fans believe was an attempt at attracting more viewers which was ultimately unsuccessful. I think G5 is going to try something like that, though its success is yet to be seen.
If G6 goes into production, G5 still seems popular enough that my theory is that it will be an FiM reboot. Though I’m uncertain if it will be one of these newfangled “reboots,” which is actually just a continuation series or the old kind, which actually remakes the original. Either way, expect to see Twilight and her friends back soon.
If they are brought into G5 through time travel, it appears that they’ll most likely have designs based on their normal appearances. This may bring into question if “The Last Problem” has been reconned or not. But since the animation style is different to begin with, it’ll be hard to say if it’s actually them “younger” or just they they happen to look different. Most likely this will be something fans will have to argue about amongst themselves.
Another thing I predict is that in G6, they’ll use a multiverse idea to keep many different types of fans happy. That is, if they can see evidence of the series actually making them significant money again. If they do, we’ll probably get an FiM remake, an FiM continuation, a G5 continuation, an original series with new characters, and lots of multi-generational crossovers.
This is my personal prediction, but since the multiverse trend is super popular right now, and since it’s an easy solution to fan discontentment, it’s what I’m currently predicting. Who agrees?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide