MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
can’t say for sure but I’d say maybe not but the concept with that isn’t the problem it’s the fact I’ve barely heard of them. what I said is the big problem isn’t the only problem. there’s a lot of problems with big media companies and despite hasbro losing money I think they’re the only one who’s gonna survive.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Im hoping that the other dub VA’s for G5 are speaking out against the use of AI voices for G5 content.
IDK how thins work over there but surely replacing a voice actor with an AI replica without their consent (especially with the voice actor still being under contract) has gotta be against some sort of law or something
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@harasha456
I highly, highly doubt Hasbro looks at the fandom that sarcastically says “buy our toys!” and said “Let’s sell toys to them”.
Having said that, you could have made a toy or playset out of basically every episode of Season One, and the early fandom would have bought them. People even complained that they couldn’t buy a show-accurate Celestia. I wonder what things would be like in an alternate timeline where they went hard on merchandise early on.
Blackblade360
Artist -

About me
Hey everypony, I would check this out, I think the AI situation is fake and we just got trolled on:
https://x.com/EquestriaDaily/status/1795887347067764859?t=cuRYw95bX9Li3hEKZ2lUyg&s=33
quote:
“We are getting conflicting reports that the French Hitch VA who announced that the TYT S2 dubs use AI and that Make Your Mark S2 was cancelled due to AI may have been fed incorrect information.
We will continue digging and see what we find”
Blackblade360
Artist -

About me
@Background Pony #C17D
@Background Pony #13BA
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Heres the update:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2024/05/the-ai-voiceover-drama-continues-french.html
quote:
“THE PLOT THICKENS. After loads of digging, G5 superfans have found who the french voice actor’s Hasbro source is, and determined that this person doesn’t appear to be a employee of the company at all. While dubs in other countries have fallen massively in quality, it’s most likely that they are simply using lower end studios rather than actual AI.
Of course, more things could change at a moments notice on this juicy story. We still haven’t seen any response from Hasbro yet. Hopefully they can clear this all up for absolute good! For now at least, it seems AI was not the reason for the shutdown of Make Your Mark, and is not being used for voicework in non union countries.
That being said, AI TOOLS are a completely different beast, and finding artifacts in voice work might be due to these, rather than due to the entire thing being recorded in AI. Most companies are using some form of AI at this point just due to it being baked into every modern creation software out there. Lower the pitchforks for now when it comes to this technology. It’s going to be harder and harder to tell”
Background Pony #13BA
So bro wanted to start shit on purpose. The thing I don’t understand is how the VA fell for his claims so easily..
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Ah, I needed this laugh after these last few horrible days. Who knew I enjoyed sitcom drama and plot twists? The benefit of only ‘believing’ things I hear.
@CloudMistDragon
Yeah, the “Hasbro needs the money” was the important part. With the usual “assuming this is true at all” elephant in the room, I don’t follow these news. Seems Lauren Faust happened at the right time… save for the ‘wrong decade for video games’ part.
also I’d want G6 to fix G4 haha
@DerpyFast
Honestly, even without the sarcasm, I’m not sure bronies would buy much at all. I feel they’d rather commission stuff specifically for their needs, including the fanarts and fanfics and love pillows Hasbro wouldn’t provide anyway. So Hasbro probably wouldn’t get their investment money’s worth from adult fans.
I wasn’t there to witness the early fandom though.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #13BA
I’d say confirmation bias - he heard something that, because of animosity he held towards Hasbro, was easy for him to believe.
Just for reference, the animosity comes from the fact that he (and the other VAs for s1 of TYT) were not told anything by Hasbro - they were just replaced and found out about it when S2E1 was uploaded to the various TYT channels, apparently. If it is indeed true (and I don’t see why it couldn’t be) then that is definitely quite shitty
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #13BA
Even though he and I have always been cool…I really wish he could be more professional about this situation after looking at the comments he’s making now, going from an “Eh, I don’t care.” stance to a “This is morally reprehensible and I just didn’t care from an entertainment perspective!” stance. I can still empathize with him to a degree though, since…we always do this. Jumping the gun over something that might not even be true…
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Honestly, considering hasbro
Isn’t it exactly in the best shape Do we really need to make stuff up?
Also , lying about company using AI like this might cause us to not believe it when it actually does happen.
The boy who cried AI
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So the whole AI thing is fake?
I think a big part of why hasbro is losing so much money is because they refuse to admit that their majority customer base has changed from little kids to adults so they pander to the former and lose the latter. I propose hasbro could make a killing by making high quality toys for adults not those kinds of toys get your mind out of the gutter
just imagine G6 mlp basically being balls to the wall as crazy as this fandom gets. basically mlp but with blackjack and hookers.
Well, they have D&D, MTG and their board game division (to an extent) for adults… but that’s it, and the latter is just nostalgia. As for MLP with blackjack and hookers, I’m already kind of designing it myself, though it’s not really MLP, the ponies are just one race.
Background Pony #D8E0
Off-topic, but the user who gaslighted the French VA (apparently a BELVA board member who hosted the live event) has also stolen fanart/fan animation/custom plush photos to pretend he’s legit since 2022. Lately, he reposted what appears to be concept art for the billboards seen in “A Zephyr Heights Mystery”, but I’m unsure where he got them from. Unless I missed them, I haven’t seen the concept art from an official source yet but they look legit.
Background Pony #13BA
The only concern I have now is that if another AI accusation happens and it actually turns out to be true, most if not everyone could instantly not believe it until it’s too late :/
I’m just saying rn, the idea of AI being for corporate “artistic” use is still possible. We don’t know exactly when it will happen, but we’ll have to wait and see. Not to mention be more aware of the situation. That message of Hasbro’s viewpoint on AI still ponders my mind.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
Does this guy assume any g5 directed hate is just because? Because I know an artist who drew loads of G5 but isn’t a blind fan. Good thing they haven’t interacted.
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Unfortunately, no such laws exist yet. Only copyright. And that law is so outdated.
@Dragonpone
MYM is over #3
@Background Pony #13BA
He’s been scheming the perfect drama and taking advantage of our jadedness.
@harasha456
Not that there’s anything wrong but g5 fans are full of idealistic teenagers who’ve yet to experience the reality of this world.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@CloudMistDragon
Does this guy assume any g5 directed hate is just because? Because I know an artist who drew loads of G5 but isn’t a blind fan. Good thing they haven’t interacted.
He made his concession, no need to kick the dog. It also wasn’t that long ago where Hawk spoke positively about a G5 critic video, giving it due credit.
@harasha456
Not that there’s anything wrong but g5 fans are full of idealistic teenagers who’ve yet to experience the reality of this world.
Uh…two questions. First, citation? Second, who are you to judge?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide