Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
**Another Pony's Trash**

~~Good morning in Ponyville shimmers♪ Good morning in Ponyville shi~nes♪~~

I never thought about it before but what is the population of Equestria anyway? AFAIK the only named places are Maritime Bay, Canterlot Heights and Bridlewood. And the other 2 sure don't seem to have lost too much of their citizenry to overcrowd Maritime Bay. But yeah I wonder if there's any deeper reason for why this place seems to be the tourist destination of Equestria. Best guess is that it's now the home of the only known psuedo-alicorn and 2 princess celebrities.

I just now realized that "Clip Trot" is pony Tik Tok and that revelation will be my Joker origin story.

I laughed so hard at Posey's Karen moment. The fact that the complaint board is itself likely a reference to Hitch suggesting it to her in MYM makes it even better, but both the pettiness of the complaints (unicorns are surprised too often and smell, and pegasi create too much draft when they fly) and the punchline that she's literally standing outside the window airing both old and new grievances is hilarious.

"Oh pony baloney these news ponies..." and later one "It's time to take out the trash!" Word play has been a thing with Sunny on and off for a while and I'm all for it.

Why is selfie sticks so popular? It might fit the theme of useless trash overflowing the town but I don't see any lying around. Also it took me a couple views but I just realized the joke behind the megaphones is they are creating "noise pollution". Nice.

The dopey look all the rickshaw wallahs (and yes I did have to google that) have are an amusing sight in of themselves, but they still having it as they almost run down pedestrians is an extra absurd image and I love it.

She never gets the camera to focus on her but Gloomy Sonnet is in a few background shots. I felt it important to mention that.

It still saddens me that we don't have more art of Sunny wearing caps. She rocks them so well and I don't have the talent to fix this error.

Is that Kenneth or the unnamed pigeon? I'm surprised we only see one of them.

Once again Pipp's celebrity status means something as her perpetual facetiming is acknowledged and has a point in-story. That's nice, I keep not expecting this any time she pulls out her phone.

I had a PHYSICAL NEED! to hear that one house moving unicorn talk again. And she does, but they changed her voice actress. This is my Joker origin story.

Posey is one of the ones leading the charge to help out. Good for her.

The style of joke the "there's no tomorrow!?" bit does never works for me. It's about the only joke this episode that wasn't just not funny, it just plain didn't land.

I keep saying it's the little things that prop up these episodes higher than they really are. The image of the raccoonicorn being sad that there's no more garbage is one of those; is not funny on its own, but it and other "filler jokes" help contribute to the greater enjoyment of the whole episode.

So Sunny can just declare random holidays now. I'm pretty sure she's still not the official town or tribe leader in the same way Haven or apparently Alphabrittle are, but she's definitely come far from being the town outcast.

The credits uses "Rufus" instead of "Hoofdini". Imma make a game out of seeing which name is used anytime he gets a speaking role.

I like this episode. The moral was fine and pretty much all the scenes work. Posey got an interesting portrayal this time around, as a nag in her first scene to a helpful mare in the second. It's nice to see she gets a role that isn't one note despite having only 5 minutes to work with. Her getting snubbed in her first scene was hilarious alongside the rest of the scene's comedy, but her getting cut off in the second felt kinda flat. Sunny being all "yeah I heard it all before" makes sense, but as I said before Posey getting dunked on works best when she deserves it, and she was being a good girl in that scene so eh. But I'm rambling, if the last episode had the worst use of Posey so far then this one had one of the best uses of her.

Frankly I think it was a missed opportunity to not bring up Hitch's dislike of litter here. It was a running gag in both the movie and MYM, and this entire episode was about litter!
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
**Another Pony's Trash**

~~Good morning in Ponyville shimmers♪ Good morning in Ponyville shi~nes♪~~

I never thought about it before but what is the population of Equestria anyway? AFAIK the only named places are Maritime Bay, Canterlot Heights and Bridlewood. And the other 2 sure don't seem to have lost too much of their citizenry to overcrowd Maritime Bay. But yeah I wonder if there's any deeper reason for why this place seems to be the tourist destination of Equestria. Best guess is that it's now the home of the only known psuedo-alicorn and 2 princess celebrities.

I just now realized that "Clip Trot" is pony Tik Tok and that revelation will be my Joker origin story.

I laughed so hard at Posey's Karen moment. The fact that the complaint board is itself likely a reference to Hitch suggesting it to her in MYM makes it even better, but both the pettiness of the complaints (unicorns are surprised too often and smell, and pegasi create too much draft when they fly) and the punchline that she's literally standing outside the window airing both old and new grievances is hilarious.

"Oh pony baloney these news ponies..." and later one "It's time to take out the trash!" Word play has been a thing with Sunny on and off for a while and I'm all for it.

Why is selfie sticks so popular? It might fit the theme of useless trash overflowing the town but I don't see any lying around. Also it took me a couple views but I just realized the joke behind the megaphones is they are creating "noise pollution". Nice.

The dopey look all the rickshaw wallahs (and yes I did have to google that) have are an amusing sight in of themselves, but they still having it as they almost run down pedestrians is an extra absurd image and I love it.

She never gets the camera to focus on her but Gloomy Sonnet is in a few background shots. I felt it important to mention that.

It still saddens me that we don't have more art of Sunny wearing caps. She rocks them so well and I don't have the talent to fix this error.

Is that Kenneth or the unnamed pigeon? I'm surprised we only see one of them.

Once again Pipp's celebrity status means something as her perpetual facetiming is acknowledged and has a point in-story. That's nice, I keep not expecting this any time she pulls out her phone.

I had a PHYSICAL NEED! to hear that one house moving maunicoren talk again. And she does, but they changed her voice actress. This is my Joker origin story.

Posey is one of the ones leading the charge to help out. Good for her.

The style of joke the "there's no tomorrow!?" bit does never works for me. It's about the only joke this episode that wasn't just not funny, it just plain didn't land.

I keep saying it's the little things that prop up these episodes higher than they really are. The image of the raccoonicorn being sad that there's no more garbage is one of those; is not funny on its own, but it and other "filler jokes" help contribute to the greater enjoyment of the whole episode.

So Sunny can just declare random holidays now. I'm pretty sure she's still not the official town or tribe leader in the same way Haven or apparently Alphabrittle are, but she's definitely come far from being the town outcast.

The credits uses "Rufus" instead of "Hoofdini". Imma make a game out of seeing which name is used anytime he gets a speaking role.

I like this episode. The moral was fine and pretty much all the scenes work. Posey got an interesting portrayal this time around, as a nag in her first scene to a helpful mare in the second. It's nice to see she gets a role that isn't one note despite having only 5 minutes to work with. Her getting snubbed in her first scene was hilarious alongside the rest of the scene's comedy, but her getting cut off in the second felt kinda flat. Sunny being all "yeah I heard it all before" makes sense, but as I said before Posey getting dunked on works best when she deserves it, and she was being a good girl in that scene so eh. But I'm rambling, if the last episode had the worst use of Posey so far then this one had one of the best uses of her.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan