Viewing last 25 versions of post by Roseluck in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

So I've been reading a (decidedly negative as a whole) "[retrospective on the _*Mass Effect_* franchise":](https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792) that spanned several hundreds of thousands of words during this month, in anticipation to the remaster and then the sequel==\*==, and I just finished the part about _*Mass Effect: Andromeda_*.

One of their points was that this last game felt like it tried to copy the elements of the previous generation, and failed to produce a good result because it didn't understand **why** these elements were put in to begin with.

And just like that, something clicked in my mind and I realized the similarities with G4 and G5.

Yeeeah.

It's a possibility rather than a certainty, of course, at least from what I personally 'know' of the next generation. But that realization was sobering all the same.

I'm still fluttering around _*Friendship is Magic_* because that universe inspired me like nothing else ever did. It's also a possibility that _*A New Adventure_* will excite my muse just as much. Maybe even more!

Chances are that'll be _*despite_* the art style though, haha. Giving Hitch and Zipp the patented, punchable "Dreamworks Face" in their seconds-long teasers certainly didn't do it any favor!

But it's still got pegasi, and they singlewingedly made me care about (*Fallout: Equestria* spoilers) ||the original Enclave simply because _Fthallout: Equestoria_y made those guys pegasi||. G5's odds aren't zero for me, at least. Especially if we finally get to _*see_* the tribes' current—and separate—cultures, pegasi or otherwise.

Still hoping for some crystal ponies, too. Hopefully they'll do something new rather than bring Sombra back yet again if that happens, though.

==

\
*==Yes, I'm an idiot, I know. We _*all_* know. After _*Mass Effect_*, I read the articles about Bethesda not understanding _*Fallout_* either. Just in case you had doubts.
Reason: Added spoiler tags just in case.
Edited by Roseluck