Viewing last 25 versions of post by DaddyMakesMeEUHH in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I remember reading something about what makes good character design. I don't remember what it said verbatim, but the rundown of it was, that when you look at the design of a character it should tell you basically what that character is about/ their personality.

The Mane Six had simplistic yet good design. When you look at each of them you can tell what their personalities would be like. An example would be like Rarity, even if you didn't know her name, you could tell that she would be the prissy fashion drama queen of the group.

Now let's apply that to Gen 5's characters. Pipp, right of the bat, looks like she has something to do with royalty. Sunny looks like the plain normal one ; however oif you look at her mane, it looks kinda messy/unkept, that might be because she's considered a weirdo in her town.

Going off of those two, I think the other characters have good designs as well. These are definitely a step-up from the past generations when every character had the same mane and look exactly the same, but just colored differently

( looking at you gen 3.)
No reason given
Edited by DaddyMakesMeEUHH
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I remember reading something about what makes good character design. I don't remember what it said verbatim, but the rundown of it was, that when you look at the design of a character it should tell you basically what that character is about/ their personality.

The Mane Six had simplistic yet good design. When you look at each of them you can tell what their personalities would be like. An example would be like Rarity, even if you didn't know her name, you could tell that she would be the prissy fashion drama queen of the group.

Now let's apply that to Gen 5's characters. Pipp, right of the bat, looks like she has something to do with royalty. Sunny looks like the plain normal one ; however of you look at her mane, it looks kinda messy/unkept, that might be because she's considered a weirdo in her town.

Going off of those two, I think the other characters have good designs as well. These are definitely a step-up from the past generations when every character had the same mane and look exactly the same, but just colored differently
( looking at you gen 3.)
No reason given
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!

Now let's apply that to Gen 5's characters. Pipp, right of the bat, looks like she has something to do with royalty. Sunny looks like the plain normal one, ; however of you look at her mane, it looks kinda messy/unkept, that might be because she's considered weirdo in her town.

( looking at you gen 3.)
No reason given