Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #18E5 in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #18E5
"[@Hilcenias":](/pony/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread/post/3516501#post_3516501
)  
I agree with this, I've had zero issue with all the name and characters changeds this franchise has been through and I'm not about to start now just because I like this gen over the others. If G5 gets a new bug-loving pony that's named Chrysalis, I will give that the exact same reaction I gave when I learned the G4 good-guy pegasus mare Somnambula's name was attached to a G1 villain cat-person that could steal youth. The G4 fandom's going to learn the hard way what it was like for people that liked this franchise before G4.

All the trash-talking of the old gen's back when this fandom started, when people were trying to persuade people to give the show a shot by saying "No, really, it's good. It's not like the old, rubbish gen's, this one's different". Except this time this fandom will learn what it's like to be the people that liked the "old rubbish gen".

Say G5 gets Celestia, and when G6 rolls by, there's a G6 Celestia. When some people don't like G6 Celestia and refer to G5 Celestia as the "real" Celestia in defiance, this fandom will learn how it feels for fans of the _*actual original_* version of characters to be ignored and instead have a newer version referred to as the "real"/"old"/"proper"/etc. version. I've already seen people refer to G4 Applejack as the "real" Applejack because I guess G1 Applejack wasn't real enough.

Bear in mind, some of those above people will be people that like G5, but don't like G4 or G1-G3. And if the idea that someone could possible only like the newest generation of My Little Pony sounds far-fetched, it really shouldn't because we're on a website chock-full of them right now, myself included.

No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #18E5
Background Pony #18E5
"@Hilcenias":/pony/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread/post/3516501#post_3516501
I agree with this, I've had zero issue with all the name and characters changed this franchise has been through and I'm not about to start now just because I like this gen over the others. If G5 gets a new bug-loving pony that's named Chrysalis, I will give that the exact same reaction I gave when I learned the G4 good-guy pegasus mare Somnambula's name was attached to a G1 villain cat-person that could steal youth. The G4 fandom's going to learn the hard way what it was like for people that liked this franchise before G4.

All the trash-talking of the old gen's back when this fandom started, when people were trying to persuade people to give the show a shot by saying "No, really, it's good. It's not like the old, rubbish gen's, this one's different". Except this time this fandom will learn what it's like to be the people that liked the "old rubbish gen".

Say G5 gets Celestia, and when G6 rolls by, there's a G6 Celestia. When some people don't like G6 Celestia and refer to G5 Celestia as the "real" Celestia in defiance, this fandom will learn how it feels for fans of the _actual original_ version of characters to be ignored and instead have a newer version referred to as the "real"/"old"/"proper"/etc. version. I've already seen people refer to G4 Applejack as the "real" Applejack because I guess G1 Applejack wasn't real enough.

Bear in mind, some of those above people will be people that like G5, but don't like G4 or G1-G3. And if the idea that someone could possible only like the newest generation of My Little Pony sounds far-fetched, it really shouldn't because we're on a website chock-full of them right now, myself included.

No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #18E5