MLP AUs Thread

Background Pony #214B
@Background Pony #26AE
Well it’s like the only thing he’s good at, so maybe. Tho his pony counterpart is also really good at it, arguably better. I wanted to avoid anyone that isn’t able to use magic naturally or with a magical artefact (jewellery) to be able to pony up tho, so he can’t do that without outside help.
Understandable. The whole “pony up” thing is probably better when limited in that way for characters who aren’t Twilight and her friends.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #26AE  
Speaking of, I have dictated that magical jewellery from the pony world (or those who are magically gifted from said world.) allows the user to pony up at will, and that the power can be transferred temporarily to others with hand holding (inb4 gay) but I have yet to decide if non-unicorns (that is, thsoe who’s pony counterparts are not unicorns) should be able to use magic beyond that.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Also I have a story full of teachers and none of them teach shit. I mean, they’re supposed to be useless and unqualified, that’s the underlying point of the narrative, but it is a bit silly. I haven’t seen EQG proper do much with that either tho.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@LightningBolt  
Yeah, we really haven’t seen much teachers in Equestria Girls. Do you have any names and personalities for these teacher OCs? Maybe that can help one of us give suggestions with which subject they teach.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@mjangelvortex  
Well, thing is, only one of them is important to the narrative as his pony counterpart is the siren’s best friend, so he is arbitrarily stuck as fulfilling a similar role to a lesser extent. The rest are just there to fill space and make the overarching narrative of the corrupt principal who gathered them all up as staff simply because his pony counterpart was friends with them (except the music teacher, he literally sucked himself into a job) and he did that and runs a school poorly because he just has a lot of money, and he got all that money from roleplaying as his pony counterpart in equestria. He kept trading places with him, and yes it was a friendly one, and while he enjoyed it, it was his counterpart that got all the fame and attention, and he grew bitter and angry. He went back to his world and bought out school, because, and hired all new unqualified staff, because. So really all of them suck, and a lot of them don’t even like him, but he pays incredibly good, so they all stay. Also he hates sirens, because. All the teachers are really his pawns, and only a few of them actually know what he’s up to. The music teacher is woefully ignorant to it all because he’s a dumbass who isn’t friends with anyone and he’s just there on account of wanting the money and has no ties to either version of the principal

So it’s kind of stupid and dumb, but really EQG as a concept is stupid and dumb and I wanted to roll with the idea. Also the concept of “just cause you know this dude as a pony doesn’t make their human counterpart the same in terms of personality”.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@mjangelvortex  
I go back and forth depending on who it is. Some of them don’t change much, others change a lot, and others are only different due to the fact that I decided to set it to being 5 years in the past of the pony world. Why? No particular reason other than because I felt like it.

The ‘main’ plot is supposed to be that the principal, Pete, owns the school and runs it as he wants to become famous in his world for something, but he knows he’s a bad principal with bad staff. So he somehow finds a way to manipulate the siren, Kellin, to travel to his world through the portal (or he just happens to do it anyway and Pete finds out, either or) and he ends up running into the counterpart of the zombie from his world, Oliver, who is a troubled student with a myriad of issues and has the entire school hating his guts, and he hates them back. Pete knows right away that Kellin is a siren, and he’s been fearmongering his school and the surrounding area for years on sirens and how terrible and dangerous they are (which is exaggerated lies based on fear) and he hopes to find a way to expose Kellin for what he really is in front of everyone and he thinks this will net him fame as he will be the one to ‘save’ everyone. Also this is important, but he wears a necklace he got from his pony counterpart that allows him to pony up at will as long as he ears it. (He also have magical jewellery to a couple others)

He does not, however, accommodate Oliver in his plan. he doesn’t except Kellin to get close to him, or for Oliver to get close to Kellin. This ends up being his downfall, as while Kellin is too nice and delusional (he cannot fathom EQG Pete being a jerk as his pony self is so nice) and doesn’t want to make a scene to fight back, Oliver howeveris not so nice and does not care what others think of him making a scene like that, and uses violence all the time, so he steals Pete’s necklace right off of him and beats him up the second he threatens Kellin’s life in front of him. If not for Oliver being there, Pete probably would have gotten away with exposing Kellin in front of everyone, and being put in his place like such and being told off viciously, the ending to his story is that he gets checked into therapy to help him with his ego issues.

That’s the main summary minus a lot of details as I’m still trying to work them out, and obviously I didn’t mention anyone else as they ultimately don’t ‘matter’ to the main driving force.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@mjangelvortex  
And it’s all ultimately to confuse and confound Kellin, as he knows most of them as ponies and he keeps trying to talk to them like he’s friends with them, but has to be stopped by Oliver as it keeps confusing and scaring them. It takes him awhile to learn how to just see them as individuals and not just “that guy, but with hands”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide