IDW Thread (Spoilers)

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I still haven’t gotten an answer on why Chrysalis shouldn’t be “woobified” but yet Discord gets off scot-free despite doing as much bad things (if not possibly worse) as Chrysalis?
dynamicv

So it looks like FIENDship has done well enough that they are going to revisit some of the characters in future issues. Chrysalis is already confirmed by Andy Price to be in future stories. I think more of Tirek’s backstory or a return of Sombra in the present day would make for some great comics.
mercurypony
Artist -

I really like all the comic even with flaws…but i was really disapointed with the nightmare moon comic…so confused on so many things. sigh. atleast i enjoy sombra and changling comic
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
I finished reading the last Fiendship issue on /mlp/

Christ. Cook’s retarded Twilight strikes again and of course Chrysalis wins so she could return for another arc because she’s her favorite.

Okay, yes. You can tell that a genuine attempt was made, but Cook’s writing remained as that: just a tryhard attempt with edgy writing, forced jokes and arrrrrgh why.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
It wasn’t that bad. There were plot holes, continuity errors, stupidity, and jokes that fell flat, but fewer than usual in a Cook/Price comic. I don’t like the origin story though. Come to think of it, lots of “fridge logic” with this one. Too many questions after reading.

I suppose it’s better than feeling it as I read the story.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Itsthinking  
Cook had many ways to tell a story without always needing to turn Twilight into a goddamn mental retard.  
That’s always the problem with Cook’s writing: the script always needs somebody (or everyone) to behave like brain dead cretins so the story could advance because the plot is that weak.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Anonycat  
I also don’t understand the Rarity dating anecdote that has no relevance to anything to do with the plot and isn’t particularly funny. Yes, Rarity is often very vain to the point of absurdity and it annoys people she tries to form relationship with sometimes. Hilarious. Could they really not come up with another story of Chrysalis conquering a city when they can make up every single aspect of it and don’t have to flesh it out much?
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Itsthinking  
Cook needed to continue her lovely running gag of turning Rarity into a brainless woman who keeps running after countless men.

What the hell happened to the Rarity we saw during her Micro story? That story was awesome and had zero waste of panels.
Background Pony #B676
@Anonycat

There was also a funny romance moment in that comic.

Why is everyone getting so mad about this every time? It’s hilarious.

Are you guys jealous? Is Rarity your waifu or something? Jeez.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Background Pony #B5EE  
It was funny the first time, it becomes tired when it happens every single time the character shows up. Even in this case where there was no male character for her, she told a story about a previous experience.

I’d also like to mention that Rarity in her micro would immensely regret swooning over that farmland because of his one track mind. Hence the humor behind it was more than just Rarity swooning.
Background Pony #B676
@Itsthinking  
>every single time the character shows up

What about:

Micro Series #4.  
Friends Forever #8 (a Cook & Price one! With Rarity as a main character!)  
Friends Forever #10  
Friends Forever #13 (another one with Rarity as a main character)  
Issue #29  
The entire Nightmare Rarity Arc.  
Gazebo Repair and Neigh Anything  
etc.

Not to mention most episodes of the cartoon. It’s not nearly as frequent as you think it is.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

You know at this point Chrysalis might as well be the pony Aizen or Gary Smith because all of her plans always go perfectly until the climax, even if the main characters have to be practically brain-dead to fall for some of her tricks.

Canterlot Wedding-Everyone falls for her Cadance disguise despite the fact she never once acted anything remotely like Cadance.

The first comic arc: She gets some changelings to impersonate some of the mane six and cause conflict between them to split them up. Not once do any of the mane six suspect that changelings were involved even though they were going after chrysalis.

Fiendship is Magic#5- Chrysalis got twilight to free her and the changelings by asking her for a book. And twilight had a guard open up the gate because we obviously need another godd**m chrysalis arc.

To be honest I am getting sick of chrysalis as a villain. And the fact the ending pretty much promises she will return doesn’t help either.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.