IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So the question is: who’s the one sowing the division? I’ll place bets on Opaline, Luster Dawn’s twin sister, or Kanye West or the pony equivalent thereof (probably all three, and they’re probably all the same anyway)
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
For what is worth, the stories during g4 had the ability to invoke emotions and feelings inside us. G5 issue 7, even as a slice of life story is perhaps the most boring to date. Even Silver-Quill who’s usually optimistic didn’t like it.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Art style wise, he also mentioned the way the artist draws is very equivalent in pony terms to the smiling citizens of Our Town. They have really wide Chesire Cat grins.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A6E8
Wow, this series has been an absolute disaster! It can’t even decide who the villain is. Is Twilight the evil one or is it Discord?! So ridiculous that it’s trying to tell us that the villain of the show is really justified in her actions. This story makes no sense at all. Who’s writing this crap?!
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
And so, IDW released its final g4 comic to end all g4 comics.
Spike wrote them all. With errors and inconsistency to boot!
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@CORDZ2000
I like to believe he’s now part of the observers with omnipotency or he had his own scrying orb even during G5. And he probably wasn’t happy with Discord after some event, maybe cheating on O&O.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
I don’t know how well maintained is the MLP IDW section of Tvtropes. But from what I observed, it apparently isn’t. Only thing added that’s relevant is Mina coming back as an adult. Nothing about the bonus material nor that “fan” at all. If those are indeed added, I couldn’t find where.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@CORDZ2000
WMG is a community created page where the community can post speculations and predictions. It apparently stopped after the Cosmos arc and at that point updating that page would’ve been pointless since past that we already know what happened. As for the Headscratchers, I do have questions to ask but the comics must be so bad, they also stopped updating it. And by bad, it’s so terrible no one bothered anymore to update that article sections. I’m still waiting for someone to do that.
And if not, maaaaybe I might do it myself.
Background Pony #9816
@Phoenixflambe
Yeah u can always do it
Also I really thought we were gonna get twilight’s story in this issue

They baited us hard in these covers, the same as the same discord one that focused only on hitch:
Those aren’t the main covers. Those are just variants. They mostly don’t mean nothing to the story even if there are some exceptions. Comics do this a lot but it is not because they want to bait you into buying them. They just do it ‘cause they want to show an artist’s skill (specially if the person buying them likes said artist), a nice comic cover to go with them, and many other reasons. Next time look for the covers “A”.
Posted Report
Background Pony #9816
To help you guys follow G5’s first main arc in the comics, read issues #1, #2, #5, #6, #9, and finally #10.
Let me explain, it goes like this: main arc (issue #1), main arc (issue #2), filler (issue #3), filler (issue #4).
Since issue #10 will be the end of the first main arc, the next issues #11 and #12 will be filler. The next ‘big’ arc will probably begin on issue #13.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide