IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CORDZ2000
But why is one misguided but the other erratic when they do the same thing? Double standard? Why is no one saying Twilight is also misguided? I’m finally trying to understand Discord here, but why is it so hard to try to do the same thing for other characters? Why is everyone else always wrong but this one guy is excused all the time? Why?
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Wayneponeth
My point is that these characters have certain traits that have been preesented as a part of who they are for a while. Both discord and twilight want the same thing, the difference is that twilight’s side isn’t completely explained yet but Discord’s reasoning was fully more or less so there is a disconnect for some at the moment. From what we about twilight when trying to fix a big problem can often freak out known as twilighting or jump to conclusions. That’s just a part of her character. The better and/or bigger question that should be asked, is why would the rest of the friendship council consisting of the mane six and spike, why not even starlight, trying to help her come up with a different plan? or have a different mindset? Rather than why twilight as a character decided to go this route. Knowing the characters they all would have differing ideas on what to do, but then again the backstory isn’t fully explained yet. Because right now they all look like a hive mind of the same thoughts and opinions.
If I were to get political and akin it to the real world twilight set up gun control because everyone was using guns against each other basically. There is ofc potential issues with it like if no one has guns magic, how can they protect themselves or what’s stopping them from fighting without guns magic. But quite literally no such thing as perfect plan, every decision has it flaws, to me twilight went with the best route that was presented to her.
Background Pony #AAF6
I honestly hate this backstory and it falls under ‘I’m ignoring it’ for now.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
What I really want to know is how they protected the Crystals for many years.
Equestria was know for its constant attacks and how easy was for villains to overtake the kingdom. Wonder what kind of security was implemented? Its my curiousity since I have learned throught the years that ponies are not very bright when is about protecting things.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Background Pony #8652
@CORDZ2000
But why do we keep blaming her? Why do we keep blaming hard workers? Is it just easier to make them crumble, cripple their legs and let them cry? Is it just easier to have someone that is more responsible to blame Why is Discord never said to make mistakes, erratic decisions, or be an idiot? This is not even about my hatred toward him anymore. It’s how we keep unequally treating characters, giving one privilege but the others are blamed into bits, demonized, and hated. It’s all the same not just with Twilight. It’s with Starlight, Scootaloo, the G5 cast and Sprout. Why do we keep doing this? Why do we keep demonizing protagonists?
Ironically Discord would probably agree with me if he was real. The reason he stole the crystal and tried to destroy magic again is because he deemed it as dangerous. He wanted to redo what Twilight had done and keep Equestria in peace. He would be like “What did she do? Did she do anything wrong? She tried to save Equestria, tried to make everyone’s life safer again. That’s why I’m doing the same thing, trying to save it the same way she did. It’s not some last minute insane decision she came up in a panic. It’s what must be done. Why are you blaming my friend for trying?” He is also one of Twilight’s friends that is right there to make different decision with her. Why is it that everyone else, including Twilight, is wrong for not intervening, but not him? Could it be that everyone, including Discord just trusts in Twilight’s decision? That Discord trusts his friend to save them all? All I’m understanding is there is a weird bias that rather blames others and breaks the hard workers instead of also understanding the reasons behind other parties than just one, which ironically would make the one you’re trying to support question your idea as well. If you really like Discord, maybe you should stop blaming his friend as well.
Background Pony #AAF6
Not really about Discord. But I dislike the backstory because imo it goes against all the friendship lessons from seasons 1-9 in favor of pointing a gun at everyone’s heads to force them to get along. It stings even harder because it’s the Mane Six who we’ve loved and watched learning friendship lessons for 9 years making this choice.
Of course, the Mane Six could have tried multiple solutions before going for the nuclear option, but it still means they failed at maintaining harmony the “friendship” way (Guess that’s 9 seasons of friendship lessons down the drain huh?) and had to resort to the nuclear option.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
It could have made more sense if the G5 division was caused by a slow burn. It is stupid making it happen right after Last Problem.
Ponies feared the windigos and getting freeze to death if they fought. Now they also should fear falling into an endless void. How does that fix anything?
Background Pony #20A5
@Wayneponeth
The reason is it’s much easier to blame someone who works hard (Twilight), then those who create chaos but are popular (Discord).
Unfortunate, but sadly reality can hurt.
@TOMNICE
Maybe a few years?
Background Pony #AAF6
@TOMNICE
Not to mention, I have a hard time believing the Mane Six came up with this as a viable solution to restore harmony. Wayneponeth brings up Twilight’s actions in the movie, and I’m not disagreeing that MLP isn’t flawless (it’s not), but I’d also like to point out that she realized pretty quickly what she did was wrong and the other five didn’t agree with her and called her out on it when they had the chance.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Wayneponeth
Maybe others are doing that but im not blaming twilight and im not blaming discord either. I do think they may be jumping to possible extremes a bit, that’s just apart of their character. In its really hard to blame them considering what happened.
@TOMNICE
They destroyed the windigos in the series finale, so I guess without something being held over their head, they are alot less peaceful. In general I think the show has been a bit more cynical than given credit for. Mlp is often thought of a show with black and white morality, when really its more akin to this trope:
While the theme still manages to ultimately focus on friendship and the idea that everyone has the potential for good, it’s interesting and gives the story more complexity than given credit for. @Background Pony #AAF6
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@CORDZ2000
But they did not destroy the windigos? What the hell are you talking about?????????? Hearth’s Warming Eve tells us the tribes defeated them but they were not killed. How could they appear in Ending Of The End?
Also, a story is shit regardless if you point out specific tropes in it. Did you know Norm Of The North uses tropes too? So by your logic no one is allowed to criticise and hate on it. This just makes you seem like a brainless zombie who cannot form their own opinions.
And i do not expect them to be flawless either, i just want them to be not a bunch of dumbasses who step on their own morals.
Really, it all sounds like a cheap excuse for lazy writing.
“Why did [character] do [action]?”
“bCuZ dEy R nOt FlAwLeSs”
This does not answer my question. How the fuck is the fear of falling into an endless void fix anything??????
Background Pony #8652
@Wayneponeth
Sad, yes, but bullying? I think the reason Starlight was less popular, is mainly related to her cutie mark stealing.
Back on topic:
@TOMNICE
Cordzz has a point, you know.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide