IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #5648
honestly discord acting as grogar was what celestia has been doing throughout the series, just what shes been doing but on crack. Discord manipulated the trio without his powers to help make things right, but i guess what your saying is hes not the best with coming up with plans on the fly which i would say is true. I wonder what cadence was going to say that discord told her about the invaders before getting cut off, that would answer all of this.@Background Pony #5648
And it is possible that the actual leaders of Cunabula may have cloned him and the others in the systematic “production” of element bearers. Danu was not only a villain, he is also a victim of circumstances that he could not control in his upbringing. The cunabulans several generations before him had made him and the other bearers victims of their hubris. We saw a bitter being strongly influenced by his upbringing that was too deeply influenced by the past. He could believe lies if only to confirm his own considerations.
Obviously why Applejack looked so angry at him all the time. If Danu is just banished, there is little hope for him. this latter part is why i was asking about the possibility of there reformation.
Background Pony #39D6
@CORDZ2000
Well, it’s possible, but like I said, a Heel realization will come before hand.
honestly discord acting as grogar was what celestia has been doing throughout the series, just what shes been doing but on crack. Discord manipulated the trio without his powers to help make things right, but i guess what your saying is hes not the best with coming up with plans on the fly which i would say is true. I wonder what cadence was going to say that discord told her about the invaders before getting cut off, that would answer all of this.
Well, keep in mind, he is reformed, he isn’t tamed, though.
Background Pony #9CCF
@Background Pony #5648
The Friendship Empire? Yeah, that doesn’t sound sinister or false utopia at all. Each kingdom is better without listening to Ponies. Honestly magic being lost was A GOOD THING! Think about it, non of the ponies were in chaos, the three kingdoms.
Background Pony #5648
The word “Empire” was not so negatively meant over a hundred years ago in our world, and it appears in the G4 where the Crystal realm could call itself “empire”, “Crystal Empire”. Moreover, it had turned out that empires often served as a gathering point for different cultures and peoples into political entities. Twilight did not have to be the sole ruler as the “empire” will be a matter of mutual friendship and greater rapprochement between the various realms - politically an alliance, but culturally an empire, as Twilight will have power as a model for the whole world, as it is on her values ​​this concentration of power rests on. The other heads of state will thus consult with her, come to her assistance and coordinate their policies with hers if both jurisdictions go into each other’s interests. More like a kind of feudal version of the UN in our world. Twilight will be as powerful and influential as the UN Secretary-General in our world, in other words on the acceptance of her friends and equals.
Thus, a global society with significantly lower potential for conflict could arise, and can exist for a very long time under a set of norms created and maintained in the basis of Twilight`s philosophy. In our own world, we had norms for mutual coexistence, but this is broken by American arrogance, Russian dishonesty (Putin makes Danu look like a Boy Scout) and Chinese Self-impotance.
In Equus, on the other hand, there are millennial norms between the rulers that are so stable that it could be a long time between conferences needed to adjust the world after harrowing periods like the Storm King`s conquest wars that were stopped in Canterlot. Here it appears that Cunabula, which was previously deeply isolated before Discord’s invasion, is the exception to the rule. So Twilight thus has solid ground under her own hooves when she wants a global common society, the invasion of Equestria had made her realize that the whole world had to be integrated into a community based on reciprocity, openness - and friendship. It was her first political goal in her career, as she started her friendship school to spread her ideals and establish contact with non-ponies.
So an empire in her name had to be established - without having power, but to assert itself as a power factor with insight around the world rather than living in isolation blind to potential threats from the outside. So when the alliance is created, she had reached an important goal that we noticed in the last episode of S9. As the center of this “empire” - and obviously also a condition of existence for maintaining alliances - Twilight will be unique in the three continents as a role model and an ideal. This is something even the most powerful can hardly achieve.
And this can be accepted by the other heads of state as Twilight in contrast to Celestia can be a supporter of local government also in her own realm. Celestia and Luna had started a centralization policy that ended with Canterlot being the Versailles of the Equus. What Twilight wants is not to interfere in other people’s domains in exchange for mutual openness and friendship, taking some of this from her experiences in Ponyville and elsewhere in Equestria. She can become an empress only by name, and she will never accept this title.
Hence the “Friendship Empire”. Without friendship no empire. And that may be why the G5 world was thrown into darkness after the magic disappeared, as it seemed to have happened in the very heart of Equestria. Without Equestria, the global community will be fragmented.
Background Pony #114F
So, quick thoughts:
  1. Assuming that there’s no G5 series, most likely we could see more G4 mini series.
  2. Same case even if there’s a G5 series.
  3. I feel that one miniseries could basically focus on Twilight the week before the last problem.
Background Pony #39D6
@Background Pony #11AA
Well, tbf, I don’t read the comics, and don’t plan to.
A certain someone (who I’m not gonna name, since I want to be nice) thinks that the popularity of G4 is dwindling after the season 10 finale. I doubt that, but then again, it’s understandable to assume that.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
So, as far as I read the last issues of Friendship is Magic… does that mean ALL that buildup about The Pillars creating the Tree of Harmony was completely retconed?
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@WyrmSpawN
So we can think that the Knights gifted Starwhil the seed, and all he did was just plant it and giving it some water.
@CORDZ2000
It means Celestia spent thousands of years waiting for someone to use the elements, when there were like 5 trees in other parts of the world.
Damn, this confirms Equestria was in a huge reclusion before the movie lol.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
I actually am happy to see starlight in this new generations comic, one of my problems with her was that she got too much spotlight which is why i was happy when the show made her more of a supporting character but she hasn’t been around for a while in idw so its nice to see her.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@RogueBadnik
People forget but starlight was once far more controversial than even Discord is now, when she was first reformed to the point that idw decided to stop showing her because of the sheer amount of backlash. Edit: guess them seeing Shes a more well received character now made them decide to bring her back.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Just got done with the first issue and it’s already off to a poor start. Guess they forgot about the G1 part of this G1/FIM crossover. At least with the Transformers crossover we got to see the actual Transformers right away. Here over half the comic is spent on shitty human OCs. I don’t care if they’re “descendants of the G1 witches”. This would have been like if instead of Transformers we got a bunch of human OCs that were related to those awful Animated human villains
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Kiryu-Chan
It’s a setup so I’m crossing my fingers, they’ll probably show up next issues. Transformers X MLP is for fun so continuity is loose and irrelevant and there are crazy stories. Zecora’s arc in Season 10 took 4 issues while the rest has been dumbed down due to studio interferences apparently so possibly it will begin next issue?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide