IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
i mean take it seriously to an extent, like ultimately as much as we enjoy it we gotta remember this is a kids franchise and that the show itself always had its flaws so ofc the comics will as well. Im not insulting anyone here im just hoping at the very least most can enjoy it for what it is, instead of allowing every single flaw ruin the good of the story and the good experience that can be had.

The thing is that Hasbro (and the people who works around this franchise) doesnt take the MLP series seriously in general. The MLP series is know for its calm, girly and innocent content, so should be looked like that.

Its frustrating for some people because, for example, Transformers its a kids franchise, but just watch what they’ve pulled over in the comic books or any other media. TF have like 100x more lore than the entire MLP franchise altogether.

The only time I can remember the series got serious as close as other franchises like G.I. Joe and Transfomers, was the first TV Special. Is thanks to that TV Special that G4 is not a girly cartoon like G3, because Lauren used Rescue at Midgnit Castle as inspiration.
Background Pony #F850
You know, when i think about it, i feel we have a Transformers G1 in MLP G4.  
IDW has put out G1 Transformers comics even though there’s a new gen, so MLP G4 might still have comics.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IDW has put out G1 Transformers comics even though there’s a new gen, so MLP G4 might still have comics.

The demand is certainly there - IDW may simply not have the resources to maintain G4 and G5 comic series simultaneously, even if they’d both sell well. We’ll see what happens after the comic industry recovers from the pandemic.
Former Trini-Mite
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Ceridwen: And Equestria… the whole world should hate that place for what it did to us!

Twilight Sparkle: You don’t have to do this! As queen, I’ve been trying to reach out to other countries. We want to be friends—-

Danu: Ironic. That was the same thing that nearly brought the downfall of our country, and now it will bring the downfall of yours.

What did Equestria do to Cunabula?
Background Pony #5648
Ceridwen: And Equestria… the whole world should hate that place for what it did to us!
Twilight Sparkle: You don’t have to do this! As queen, I’ve been trying to reach out to other countries. We want to be friends—-
Danu: Ironic. That was the same thing that nearly brought the downfall of our country, and now it will bring the downfall of yours.
What did Equestria do to Cunabula?

Yes, I’m pondering that. Why were the cunabulans so hostile to the ponies of Equestria? It is several weeks until we will get the answer, but there are two possible explanations; one is that the arrogant cunabulans thought the ponies were responsible for their country almost falling, possibly around the malfunctioning element trees, or that it was a much older conflict that had created a tense relationship that led to misunderstandings. Danu suggests that Cunabula was betrayed by those with whom his predecessors had sought friendship, but he, like Ceridwen, seemed to hold Equestria in contempt.

In any case, it is clear that the element bearers from Cunabula if they were responsible for the damage to the other realms when the temples were taken down, including stealing the magic from the abyssinians, it will not be Equestria, but THEM that the world would hate. They are doomed because their arrogance has blinded them to powerful forces, and they do not seem to realize that the other element bearers use ACTIVE element magic. For the Harmony is with Twilight.

Danu will have a revival of reality when he and the others realize that they may have made serious mistakes against innocents, and that there is very little that can excuse that kind, even by drawing in older sins. It is very unlikely that if he were to divulge his crimes in public, the cunabulans could avoid punishment.

Cunabula will probably be forgotten from the G4 / G5 lore forever, but first we have to find out why Whitley thinks it was a good story where he ended up trolling himself and all the readers. The plot is hopeless; even if we were to learn the truth, it is unlikely that it will be valued like any other information about the rest of the world such as Farasi and Abyssinia.
Former Trini-Mite
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe  
“The climactic battle of Season 10 ends here! With the Knights of Order attacking Equestria, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity must face a foe that seeks to take the Elements of Harmony. Good thing they have a lot of friends—old and new!—upon whom they can rely!“

The Knights of Order are the Knights of Harmony, aren’t they?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@SparkleDash  
IDW can barely eek out a good story some 35% of the time, and I felt part of it was chafing under the setting they simply couldn’t work in.

We’re already seeing how they screw with the lore of g4 when left to their own devices, i want no part of seeing them try to crow-bar that skill-level into the ‘new generation’, where so far it seems the setting might have actually become even lighter.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@WyrmSpawN  
The comics are fine. This reboot needs their connection to save it from ruining G4. (G5 says all our heroes are dead and failed at everything and Equestria was segregated, resulting in mass death.) The comics can hopefully fix that by saying something like “No, the G4 characters didn’t die, they were sent to an alternate universe and we’ve got the story of their lives from after that.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide