IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Background Pony #6706
For me, the Scootaloo and CheeePie issues were the only good things to come out of Season 10.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
It is like the only redeemable thing, frankly it was only a season 10 to show kingdoms that we saw little and nothing because there were only 2 chapters per kingdom or 1 chapter, only the development of the chesepie was seen, I wanted to see the development of Fluttercord, I wanted to see more about the other kingdoms, like Twillight becomes Celestia 2.0, more about what Luna and Celestia are doing now that they are no longer princesses, I was really disappointed in season 10, I hope IDW, is not canceling everything about G4, only for G5, I really would hate that G5, only memories of G4 came out, in the end a lot of things were left up in the air.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
They most likely pulled the plug on S10 so they’re rushing to finish it. I mean, they wasted spent 4 issues on Zebra Land, then 2 on the Cat Land, the Annual on the Diamond Dogs, and supposedly a single comic on the Bird Pirates?(which is also supposed to reveal the Knights of Harmony who’s supposed to be a major threat)

The major adventure arc feels like a colossal waste of time while all the smaller things sound more interesting which is par the course for the comics
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Hope that means G5 comics are in the pipeline starting next year. But yeah, one filler. Maybe Season 10 was meant to be a show season, but the leaks, distribution rights full transfer and Hasbro/DHX falling out happened…
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Kiryu-Chan  
Why was there 4 issues explaining Zecora’s homeland when they had to rush it? If it was 2 or 1 as well, it would have been the same as the other arcs. The farasian 6 only got more popular than the 6 dog sisters and the cat gang is because of prolonged exposure.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
It’s ridiculous that the big threat will only have 2 chapters! the knights of harmony 101-102 end? Hasbro is practically canceling everything related to G4 because it is afraid that G5 will be a failure? I think Hasbro didn’t know how to get more out of G4, I mean … in the comics you can do things that you can’t in the series! It seems to me that IDW is canceling g4 with this hasty closure and whatever they say … if they cancel everything for G5 where nothing of the G4 characters comes out, I would hate it, plus the G1 for Hasbro fans still keeps them alive, the characters are still alive, so Hasbri can also keep the G4 characters alive in G5 as teachers or something .. but it bothers me that in 3 more chapters everything ends, we just had luckily a few hasty adventures accounts and that’s it!
Background Pony #9AB9
@Kiryu-Chan  
More likely they’re being told to end the run by Hasbro. With Gen 5 coming up, they’re likely cleaning house so there’s no confusion about the brand once it hits.
Background Pony #5648
Poor management. This is what seems to be the case for Hasbro, which sometimes seems a little too simple in its strategic choice, possibly because the unexpected success G4 had followed, as the original three seasons are further developed indefinitely, may have created too much pressure of expectations and for strong profiteering, without taking into account that the G4 after many years will not long maintain the high pace; and it proved difficult to be inventive when new scripts for children of all ages were to be prepared for the show. The G4 movie was a success everywhere - except one; to bring in significant profits; and the G4’s future was later decided, as the S8 was underway. In my opinion, this is due to restrictions on scriptwriting and growing conflicts between the writers as the saying “the more chef, the more mess” is realized. We saw within IDW that as the enthusiasm disappeared and when one had to set courses in unknown land, disagreements, personal conflicts and contradictions between workers began to grow completely uninhibited. It seems that one gets too tired over many years as a group effort. And Hasbro does not care about this.

Based on how the G5 advertising went and how toys and other things are advertised, this thus indicates that Hasbro, which had become erratic since the autumn / winter of 2020, has refused to sink at a relaxing pace with too high expectations and too strong ambitions aimed at G5 . Although common sense dictates that the G5 will not surpass the G4 to begin with, and the long time between the movie and the TV series / show is a serious drawback. If it were not for the fact that Hasbro went strong in the advertising, the movie`s fate could be decisive whether the G5 will continue or not. The management at Hasbro has not gotten used to having to have realistic expectations after G4 started its downturn.

S10 is canceled, there is little doubt about this, and IDW accepted this because the comic book market was thrown into chaos due to the pandemic; they were forced to reorganize with heavy losses, and in addition to serious conflicts within the crew behind FiM comics, it was a mistake to take in novice artists and start on very demanding additional work such as Transformers Crossover comics. Besides, Whitney’s script had become deeply controversial, he had gone too far, as with the last movie of Star Wars, George Lucas intervened and stopped the first writer who had become too “free-thinking”, and inserted a second who followed the rules completely . IDW did not.

And considering that Hasbro will give the G5 as much “push” as possible without realizing that a slower pace would have been preferred, under the idea that G4 fans will be too old for the G5 - it can be said that they take a big risk.

The FiM comics will probably return; but unfortunately not until “The G5 obsession” with the management in Hasbro is over. And not necessarily only with IDW. Sooner or later, Hasbro must release the G4 to others in other media. Hasbro aims too high, and this affects them. In time, they will realize and acknowledge this. But not now.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@Background Pony #F850  
The best answer so far, for now hasbro is ambitious with G5, and wants to cancel everything from G4, so that the fans have no choice but to adore his new series and that it has the same success as G4, I see that many fans already They gave themselves completely to this new series and criticize those who are still faithful to G4, because I think that G5 will not have the same success … until now there are many fans who do not accept this new aspect of the characters, also the story originates With the failure of Twilight, all the segregated and racist species, I think that works against those who love G4, it’s like telling them that everything the mane 6 did, it is not worth it just to bring new Ponies, I hope IDW Bring more FIM comic, and that Hasbro passes his ambition with G5, I for my part will not see it, I keep waiting for IDW to bring more G4 comic, I am upset with this S10, it is very deficient
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #5648  
@animomo4

The thing is, we don’t know how much of the decision was Hasbro’s and how much was IDW’s. I had assumed there would be ample demand to have G4 and G5 comics on shelves side-by-side, but IDW might not have the resources for that.

We’ll see what happens when the comic industry has recovered from the pandemic. One would certainly think that with the fandom being what it is, it would make no sense to toss G4 aside like last year’s iPhone.
Background Pony #F850
@DoctorWTF  
Tbf, if not G5 comics, possibly some non-canon G4 stories?  
Like “what-ifs” and such.

But yeah, agreed.
Background Pony #F850
Speaking of which, i feel Hasbro may give equal attention to all gens (G1, G2, G3, G4 and G5) of MLP, comic wise.
Background Pony #410A
@Background Pony #F850  
And come to think of it, I think it will be like how Sega gives equal treatment to both Classic and Modern Sonic.  
Yes, wanted to make that comparison, don’t judge.

G4 was the reason that bronies existed, so why throw it away?
Background Pony #F850
@Background Pony #F850
And come to think of it, I think it will be like how Sega gives equal treatment to both Classic and Modern Sonic.
Yes, wanted to make that comparison, don’t judge.
G4 was the reason that bronies existed, so why throw it away?
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Besides, Whitney’s script had become deeply controversial, he had gone too far, as with the last movie of Star Wars, George Lucas intervened and stopped the first writer who had become too “free-thinking”, and inserted a second who followed the rules completely . IDW did not.

Was that really bad? What did I missed about it? I heard few things, but nothing so big to compare it with Star Wars lol
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide