IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Poison Trail  
I’m nearly a month late to reply to this but look at this way. This is the only official material left that we are gonna be getting for new MLP G4 characters and content. What the hell do you want them to do?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Poison Trail
I was more pissed off by the fact that the whole story lies on the fact that an Earth Pony invented a set of wings that enabled him to fly like a Wonderbolt and this world changing invention was somehow kept as a secret from everyone, despite being displayed in a museum and being so incredibly easy to use and master.

Well, the show has displayed a number of examples of heavier-than-air flight technology which look like they’d be a bit more practical than that thing.

Though how about the fact that the comic ended with Rumble using it to fly in some event despite a sprained wing, yet nobody even briefly acknowledged the fact that it might be useful for the pegasus who, as far as has been presented, would likely NEVER be able to fly naturally?

Though I suppose it’s possible that that’s simply because they were still tied to the show’s status quo, which won’t be the case next time Scootaloo has a turn in the spotlight. And how likely is it that they’d be so dumb as to expect anyone to read it and not immediately think “Why doesn’t anyone seem to realize that Scootaloo could use one of those?”? So maybe there’s a slim chance they’re actually planning on going somewhere with this…

If you like “Scootaloo X Rumble” action, I suppose it would be kind of cute if their next meeting went like “Here, I don’t need this anymore”, and Rumble proceeding to help Scootaloo get used to the glider.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
This is the wrong place to ask but I’ll get to the point. The comics have released, in your country anyway, even in digital. So of course I have to wait for mine. But as I discovered, you can change the country! I’m just wondering if its legal to do that. Cause I really want to buy it but can’t.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Phoenixflambe

Whether it’s legal depends on the wording of copyright laws in your country, though I’ve never heard of anyone getting prosecuted for that anywhere. It might however be against the terms of service for whoever’s selling the comics, though whether they have the ability or desire to enforce that is another matter.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Phoenixflambe  
You’re paying for the comic. It shouldn’t matter to the seller where you live.

If it’s impossible to buy a comic book legally because of some corporate embargo, then obviously they don’t want your money, so you shouldn’t feel bad about obtaining it by other means.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Welp, now that Transformers x MLP is over, there’s only season 10 left. But I wonder, will it be the last g4 comic in the series?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Applepie1973  
It appears they are going the G1 MLP route of making midway multi-parters unlike the G4 show that has to stick to the format no matter what so this would definitely last more than 26 issues.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So I’ve been enjoying Zecora’s old friends in the current Season 10 arc but it seems like no new comic character can ever get through something without being used to shit on the comic’s writer.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Red-Supernova  
Even I’m beginning to accept that nothing lasts forever. It’s like Unus Annus, memento mori, make use of your time to remember them for they won’t be there to remember forever.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Red-Supernova

Well, the “Sonic the Hedgehog” comic lasted for over 20 years, and IDW picked up the torch right after the Archie series was cancelled. It’s only logical to assume that they’ll keep making comics as long as fans keep buying them.
Background Pony #3445
>Zecora mentioning Applejack’s mom is out of character

I don’t read the comics, but since when does Zecora know that Applejack’s parents are dead?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide