IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Background Pony #8CA0
I’m still puzzled on what to think of Cosmos since I’ve seen some people comment on how they didn’t like her or think she was not good yet from what I’ve seen from Andy Price’s twitter in Bronycon, she seems to be loved a lot.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Background Pony #4521

I have a feeling they liked her design only, cause… well, turns out there’s not all that many people reading the comics anymore, let alone the kind that knows of the multiple arcs very similar to this one.

If you care about the lore, the arc whitewashes Discord and “retcons” him as being a victim.

If you care about original villains, Eris and Accord says “Hi”.

If you don’t care about any of that… well, it’s 4 issues of ponies going on a fetch quest which outcome is inevitable and one issue of facing off against a villain in the same kind of climax we’ve seen over and over before. Is it BAD? Ehhh, probably not, if anything this is about the best we can expect from the comics nowadays.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #4521  
Once again, I will point out that active posters, users of Derpibooru, and most definitely the five people that even look at this thread are not ‘the fandom’.

Everything I’ve seen suggests that Cosmos, and the arc in general, are well liked. I can’t deny that, just because I personally didn’t care for it.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

I mean, at it’s core Twitter is very much an echo chamber, someone that doesn’t like Andy’s work wouldn’t be following him anyways.

I have a feeling he could show covers of The Good, the Bad and the Ponies and still get mostly positive feedback from people that haven’t even read that abortion of an arc.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Background Pony #4521
Once again, I will point out that active posters, users of Derpibooru, and most definitely the five people that even look at this thread are not ‘the fandom’.

I looked at those 4chan-esque forum sites (and 4chan itself) and while the character had mixed reception, the comic was overwhelmed with negative reviews. But well, its 4chan after all…

A lot of people may not be as judgemental or “overly-critical” than many of us towards the comic, but I could say that, while many people probably liked the comic, there are also many more that found it bad.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@E-123  
But forums in general are a kind of dead medium. I wager you could add up all those posting about the comic across the entire internet, and make like.. four dozen people? Max?

…opinionated people.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@PonyPon

It’s not the “Hip” thing nowadays.

Forums like this one are theme-restricted by design and tends to cultivate a specific audience of veterans, it’s hard to break into and has lots of potential for trolls (BGP).

Blog-type websites like EQD are roughly the same, but even more extreme given that you have the owners picking what’s to be talked about and discussion that is constantly reset with each post.

Nowadays we see places that are better moderated and with a more curated userbase like Reddit, social media websites that lets you talk about whatever you want over a bunch of different sub-websites, so basically the best of both worlds. Trolls can be banned, the good stuff ends up at the top and serves as a way to cull the trash and there’s no anon option.

Then there’s Twitter or Facebook, which are less based around particular topics and more about allowing you to create your own echo chamber of people you want to talk to and hear from.

TL:DR: Social media happened, would this website not also serve as a dumping ground for pony art it would most likely be dead already.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
Sooooooooo many opportunities are now open, post-finale. I wonder what kinds of stories Meghan can now greenlight, without having to stay out of the show’s way. The current solicitations run through November or December, so 2020 may begin with the first new post-coronation stories.

• Cozy Glow origins would be welcome.  
  • How about a Gusty the Great issue?  
  • Flim and Flam seemed to be broke in their last appearance, what are they up to?  
  • How about rebuilding Griffonstone?  
  • Revisit the Buffalo or finally explore Zebras?

NOTE: Please continue to keep any non-US episode spoilers (especially the finale and its repercussions) out of the thread or at the very least heavily warned and spoilered.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

So, an earth pony used inventions to be considered a Wonderbolt and Rarity of all ponies (was literally chosen because she couldn’t prove she really was busy unlike the rest) now takes care of Cerberus because she’s a workaholic and understands what it means to stand still all day to guard a door. Apparently.

Yeah. Kinda scratching the bottom of the barrel it seems. :/
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Poison Trail  
What they need is the change in status quo that comes with the ending and being able to use the villains, but I’m pretty sure there are heavy restrictions on doing those…
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Poison Trail  
I was more pissed off by the fact that the whole story lies on the fact that an Earth Pony invented a set of wings that enabled him to fly like a Wonderbolt and this world changing invention was somehow kept as a secret from everyone, despite being displayed in a museum and being so incredibly easy to use and master.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@E-123  
That’s more like an undefendable example of an Idiot Plot story.  
And of course, this world changing invention will never be used or adressed again for future plots’ sake.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@E-123
That’s more like an undefendable example of an Idiot Plot story.
And of course, this world changing invention will never be used or adressed again for future plots’ sake.

World changing? It’s a glider, they were invented in the seventh century.

And how would it change the world? Wow, you can fly… like pegasi (and some unicorns, and griffons, and Changelings, and Hypogriffs, and dragons…) can do already, only far worse.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
What do you think about season 10 comics??? Meanwhile Reedeming the final villains and Spike not being a useless dragon couldn’t be the ways to take, Im ok with that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide