IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

1. Derivative villain (“Discord’s Evil Ex) coming off right after arcs featuring Alternate Dimension Discord and Personality Flipped Discord.

2. Whitewashing of all of Discord’s evil actions, setting him up as a selfless hero that sacrificed his reputation for no reason other than making sure Cosmos wouldn’t come back…. wait, what?

3. Horrendous pacing, with the first 4 (if you count the doublesized premiere as 2) going by the motions of a villain’s plan working effortlessly and heroes being completely useless against it, using the whitewashing aspect as filler in vain for all the redundancy.

4. Final issue, which started off with a breath of fresh air thanks to the decision of having Cosmos merge with her captives and with the plan not relying on Discord pulling off a Deus Ex Machina like one would expect ended up being bogged down with excessive references. It’s like Andy was given carte blanche to do a “Chaos battle” and interpreted that as throwing down a bucket list of memes and movie callbacks he’s always wanted to do. Even when given a setting his art style excels in, he still manages to pull you right out of the experience and shatter suspension of disbelief.

5. Did I mention the issue ends with her being dumped on the moon, juuuuust so they can bring her back if need be? For fuck’s sake.
Background Pony #BD0E
@Poison Trail  
I’m just wondering why bring her back since now that she’s drained of her magic and is no longer powerful, she’s just nothing now.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
This arc just reaffirms that the comics just cannot handle big adventure epics, and should just stick to small one-shot stories

@kleptomage  
Looking forward to the “Non Pegasus Wonderbolt” issue with Rumble and Scootaloo myself. One of the very few things I feel the comics have over the show is that, unlike the show they usually handle the Wonderbolts really well, even in shitty comics like Wings over Yakyakistan, they actually feel like a group of friends.

Which ones is the Pencils one?
Background Pony #BD0E
Also can we just agree that Cosmos was a dolt for not noticing they were destroying her source of power at the last second?
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Prowl  
Nightmare Rarity was a well executed arc despite some obvious problems like the writer not fully understanding the way The Elements of Harmony worked.  
Regarding Cook’s stories, by now we all have seen that perhaps her biggest problem is how she tends to make them be all about her own characters, and how she insist to smash the reader’s heads with the notion that her own characters are more special than the ones from the TV show. Whitley had the same problems and Hasbro is supposed to have asked him to stop that, but evidently Cook is still able to keep doing it as much as she wants.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Prowl  
That’s true. The comics have usually handled the ’Bolts better than the show.

Pencils is drawing the next issue in the main series about hiding a party from Mayor Mare.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
This arc just reaffirms that the comics just cannot handle big adventure epics, and should just stick to small one-shot stories

The most largest arc was the first arc with 6 issues, which its fine, if you plan to do an adventure plot. I dont know why suddenly they reduced it to 3 or 4 issues. I know this is not Marvel or DC and their long 6-8 issues, but they did it in the start! Why not doing it again? And why I do feel only IDW does this kind of thing?
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Red-Supernova  
Both of the Friends Forever with Spitfire and Soarin are some of the best in that line(if you’re willing to ignore the art for the Spitfire comic), Art Of The Gazeebo Repair for Fleetfoot, the Wonderbolts have their own stint in the GoH Annual(though again bogged down by the art), and despite some dumb bullshit in Wings over Yaktakistan(like Spitfire saying the WBs aren’t fighters) they still feel better handled in there than the majority in the show.

I might be missing more but those are the big ones that pop in my head
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

GoH Annual(though again bogged down by the art)
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Philweasel  
It would have been so much better if they hadn’t given the job to Fosgitt. If every video game dev put in as little effort into game development as he did into being MLP-accurate, every game ever would be Fallout 76.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I don’t hate Fosgitt’s artstyle like most do, but it reaaaaally wasn’t suited for action pieces in general, especially with something pretty much geared towards action like the GoH annual
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@kleptomage  
I thought this comic was going to FINALLy be Spike’s big moment of glory. Instead I got Fosgitt’s art, lots of color gradients and a script with less weight than a dried spider.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@kleptomage  
Well, yeah, this comic was awful from the beginning since it only exist to sell a product, and it was its only main focus of it. This was so bad because the “BUY OUR TOYS” was so obvious.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide