How did you get into MLP?

Ferrotter
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I saw a link to a 4chan thread about the first ep on some furry site, and what grabbed my interest was talk about how hot Nightmare Moon was. I think I was actually trying to find the old pic of Krieg the G1 Nazi MLP when I stumbled upon it.

Intrigued to see if NMM really was hot, looked over the Hubworld.com pages about the characters, and was more intrigued. I finally found the ep piecewise on YouTube or something, and wasn’t all that impressed with Nightmare Moon. I didn’t know what to think. Then I realized I was thinking about the other ponies quite a lot, and a few days later realized I couldn’t wait for them to air part 2. A big part of it was how they’d totally scrambled it from my expectations. I adored Twilight Sparkle about as much as I figured I would, but was amazed I liked Rainbow Dash even more (I didn’t expect to care for her either way at all). And was just as amazed Rarity not only wasn’t just Alexandra from Josie and the Pussycats, but she was downright loveable and “real”! I grew up with girls just like her. All the characters were fleshed out with real personalities. The consistent and detailed world-building bordering on hard SF quality grabbed my interest too. I was hooked and have remained so.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
Saw some gifs of ponies, thought they were adorable, found out where they were from, and here I am… been in the fandom for 3.5 years.
Roy-of-Asturia

Saw MLP being in the same company as The Transformers franchise (the other half of TF belongs to TakaraTomy to be fair), via some PMVs.

Oh, and the bulk of the animation was done by my people, the Filipino people (TopDraw Animation), who should be acknowledged and credited more often (take the J-dub lengthy credits, for example).

Still patiently waiting for the J-dub version of episode 53 onwards, since I want to work in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Background Pony #F19A
I am probably the only one who joined the fandom because of Sombra. I have a thing for Tin Tyrants, you see. Though I knew of the fandom since Spring 2011.
ionbronybule
Wallet After Summer Sale -

for me it was simple I was staring to see pony everywhere on the internet so I watch the first episode and I just did stop watching and the my boring mlp origin story.
Alexk13

A Mythbusters crossover comic led me to some more fanart, I finally sat down and watched an episode, read some amusing fanfics, and that’s how it began for me.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
It started when I first discovered this video. I was rather surprised when I found out that the song was originally from a My Little Pony cartoon. I have heard of the franchise’s name before then and I initially dismissed it as some childish show targeted to girls, but after watching that and this video numerous times, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked more into the characters on both the show’s wiki and TV Tropes. The first episodes I watched were Stare Master, Rarity Investigates, and Read It and Weep and I’ve pretty much been a fan since.
Background Pony #6530
@Megalobronia  
Well, the fan-edit or fan-made musics of the MLP fandom (G4 especially) is golden, very similar to Touhou fandom, lots of musics as an entrance to the franchise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide