Crazy Headcanons

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Brass Beau

Indeed. And the reason why the ponies need magic to move the sun and moon is because the planet no longer rotates on its own axis. Probably due to an event before or at the time of Grogar’s reign.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Vortaxonus

Hmm… Maybe. But somehow I doubt that because of the chronology (ha ha ha, good joke) in the MLP universe. For as we know, before Celestia and Luna, the unicorn magicians moved the sun and moon. I somehow got the impression that Discord became a problem only after that. But as we do not have any clear statements in this regard, this is of course quite possible. But wouldn’t that be a little too vicious for the Lord of Chaos? I mean, we know he’s a trickster, but he isn’t actually really evil. Well, I admit that justified doubts remain, of course. ;-)
Background Pony #BEBC
@DarkObsidian  
It seems to me I saw, once, some time ago, a screenshot from the show that showed an orrery. I remember the details that it showed a heliocentric solar system with a total of five planets, one of which was a gas giant covered in heart-shaped pink clouds. Does anyone know what I’m talking about, or have I lost my mind?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Applejack is the only one of the Mane Six that had a stable dating life. Rainbow and Rarity get a lot of stallions but they’re not good with dealing managing their relationships. Twilight and Fluttershy are well you know… And I dont know about Pinkie Pie.

AJ understands a lot more about realistic romance than the others. She wants a stallion that is a a good future father and family stallion above all else.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Maybe. But I don’t see the fun in that kind of action. For all we know of Discord, his actions are limited to merely turning the lives of those who are in his immediate presence upside down. An action that virtually affects the whole planet without Discord being able to enjoy it makes no sense to me. Unless, at this point, we concede him a certain omnipresence, which, in my opinion, cannot be legitimized simply because he was tricked by the trio of evil. Playing around with the rotation of the planet would, in my opinion, be the equivalent of turning all ponies into talking marsh mallows with cotton candy hair. ;-D
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
Well there aren’t a lot of great stallions she has seen in her life. I mean Tenderhooves is probably not AJ’s idea of a knight in shining armor.

I bet deep down AJ is actually a romantic just like Rarity and AJ also has high standards. She also is waiting for her knight in shining armor. She’s just more patient and is more wise about what her future beau should be like.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@DarkObsidian  
My apologies😅

I guess to me AJ has a tough exterior but she seems to be a tender sentimental mare deep down. You can see this in how she is with Apple Bloom or giving Rarity advice on listening to Sweetie Belle. She probably would value a stallion who understands what family is truly about. To her love isn’t a game, it’s life. And that in my headcanon is probably why she doesn’t talk about it so much.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DarkObsidian  
Considering AJ holds family in such high regards, it seems highly plausible. AJ is also big on authenticity, which is why the one time we saw someone take interest in her, she blew him off. And considering she’s related to half the country, her options are surprisingly limited.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Cosmas-the-Explorer

No problemo. ;-D

And I can understand your thoughts, although there is no base to evaluate them, because unfortunately there is hardly any interaction between AJ and male ponies. At least none that make me believe that she doesn’t look down a little - for lack of better words - on others who don’t follow the Apple way of life.

It would certainly be very interesting to see if AJ ever met a farmer pony that was not part of the Apple family. Or at least someone similarly down-to-earth. ;-)

@Brass Beau

And considering she’s related to half the country, her options are surprisingly limited.

Indeed. I just wanted to avoid any form of “AJ can practically only marry one of her own cousins” jokes. ;-D

One of the many reasons why I’m a little suspicious of the Apple Family concept. And unfortunately we know very little about the Pears family. Is actually every branch of the economy in Equestria in the hands of one family, or is this only the case in the agricultural sector? ;-)
Background Pony #BEBC
@DarkObsidian  
Thanks. I didn’t imagine it, then. I still can’t find an image of it here, though.

If it’s real, in canon, it becomes necessary to ask what it represents, because it’s very unlike the “known” Equestrian solar system, which appears to have a tiny sun and moon circling a planet that is between them. Is it an artifact from the EqG world, perhaps? That’s more fun than it being an artist’s mistake.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Background Pony #BEBC

You can see it there in the the background too. Not the best image, but it seems, that there is actually no proper image here on Derpibooru. I don’t know if it is an artifact from the EQG world, but why should the ponies not be aware of their own solar system? In any case, it was not discussed further and that is really a pity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide