Crazy Headcanons

Korora
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Let's keep calm here...
When Button Mash grew up started his own game design firm, he kept to the straight and narrow. Flim and Flam were astonished at how rich he grew honestly.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@FliegerFaustToP47  
My guess is, being a great-grandmother was the last straw and everyone kinda expected her to pass on any day. She was probably ready for it, too, by that point. All her grandchildren had matured into mature and responsible adults by that point.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Korora
“Wait, so you’re saying we DON’T have to lie to be succesful?”

I’ve been thinking that Flim and Flam, like Chrysalis, are simply so used to doing things the naughty way that they’d never consider going straight even if it would be undeniably in their best interests to do so.

Consider “The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000”: the titular machine was a legitimate technological innovation. If they had produced and sold the machines at a reasonable price instead of shaking down family farms (and maybe invented other stuff while they’re at it), they could have become as filthy rich as Filthy Rich without doing anything remotely unethical.

@Latecomer  
@Background Pony #6F7B
And then de-aged to filly in time to found Ponyville?

“Magic Duel” basically established that magic de-aging is possible - pre-alicorn Twilight tried it on a flower and almost succeeded.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Dunno if it sticks, though - a lot of magic wears off. And if you could literally cure age that way… why aren’t they?

As for Flim and Flam, as we came to see more and more of their modus operandi I have become increasingly certain that not only did they not invent that device, they probably acquired it under fairly dubious circumstances.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
Dunno if it sticks, though - a lot of magic wears off. And if you could literally cure age that way… why aren’t they?

For all anyone knows they are, and the old farts we see on camera are just those who’ve chosen to let nature take its course. I’ve often wondered if Equestrian culture believes in any sort of afterlife. At least one of the Nightmare Night episodes had ghost decorations, implying at least some speculation on the possibility of life after death.

As for Flim and Flam, as we came to see more and more of their modus operandi I have become increasingly certain that not only did they not invent that device, they probably acquired it under fairly dubious circumstances.

That certainly makes sense. It would also explain why they moved on to other scams - whoever did invent it would probably have caught up to them eventually.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
And they just happen to be stopping by during cider season. Flim & Flam are sus.

As for “curing” aging. If we’re talking unicorn magic, it’s probably an entire field of study, like quantum physics. There may be some headway but I’d imagine there’s a huge cost in terms of power. Time magic is something I think Twilight, Starlight and Sunburst could probably work towards forwarding heh but they have other responsibilities.  
If we’re talking about conceptual reality effecting the aging process, I’d imagine aging in reverse is possible, but more difficult than passively slowing it. If granny earned the ire of her family through poor behavior, it might cause her to be view less mature and reverse her aging.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As for “curing” aging. If we’re talking unicorn magic, it’s probably an entire field of study, like quantum physics. There may be some headway but I’d imagine there’s a huge cost in terms of power. Time magic is something I think Twilight, Starlight and Sunburst could probably work towards forwarding heh but they have other responsibilities.

I’m pretty sure they’re not the only magic experts in Equestria. One would expect that if something as groundbreaking as clinical immortality were found to be potentially possible, somepony would be doing everything they can to find a practical solution to make it available.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DoctorWTF  
True, someone else could pick up the ball but Twilight and Starlight have both shown the ability to manipulate time in one way shape or form and Sunburst, while not powerful, is shown to be highly intelligent and creative when it comes to magic. Along with Trixie, using the Alicorn Amulet, is kinda the baseline. Study in this field would require a lot of magical knowledge and extensive magical energy. I’m sure some nobles or other patrons have funded research on occasion but that information, if our real world history is any indication, was likely not shared and patrons likely withdrew funding as successors took power. Unless Twilight is planning on funding a team of top experts in the field, I can’t imagine a lot of headway being made and shared with the general public.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
I’m sure some nobles or other patrons have funded research on occasion but that information, if our real world history is any indication, was likely not shared and patrons likely withdrew funding as successors took power. Unless Twilight is planning on funding a team of top experts in the field, I can’t imagine a lot of headway being made and shared with the general public.

It’s hard to say which part of our history is mirrored by their society - sometimes we see what looks to be a pre-industrial civilization, sometimes we see things that date to well into the 20th century.

Though now that there’s a scientifically minded pony in charge (and presumably running the magic school founded by Celestia), perhaps she could encourage more open exchanging of information among researchers (which would also align with the whole “friendship” thing).
Background Pony #6F7B
But that wouldn’t mean she didn’t die from oldness at the finale?

Maybe she didn’t. Maybe she just got on the magical time machine (looking at you Starlight Glimmer) and went back to do it all again. She left her shawl with AJ because it already exists in the past where she’s going.
Korora
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Let's keep calm here...
By the time of “The Last Problem”, the Royal Guards had had a bit of sense drilled into them.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Korora  
Probably because of Magnus’s training. I’d imagine Shining Armor’s training mostly consisted on reactive defense. We saw some change during season nine to how the castle’s defenses were handled around the same time.
Background Pony #6F7B
In “A Canterlot Wedding,” the animation is incomplete. Queen Chrysalis’s secret weapon against Celestia was a can of Twisted Tea.
Background Pony #6F7B
Viewers watching the show aren’t looking in on a single timeline, but a bundle of them differing significantly in details. Different episodes take place in different timelines. This is why electricity, telephones, and so forth sometimes exist and sometimes do not, and why the Royal Guard use spears and polished armor while a traveling party planner has his own personal AFV.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
I just found out some interesting stuff at TVtropes. Namely stuff about Equestria and about their military

@Background Pony #6F7B

Perhaps their military budget was decreased because their lack of success during the changeling invasion, the ponynap of the Princesses and Mane Six and their worthless help at the last battle. Also i don’t really see Celestia as a warmongering dictator or a Hitler expy with “Pony supremacy”, so I doubt that she would have a advanced and enormous military when she wants to make friendship with other races Unless she wants to do peace by intimidation tactics
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide