Crack Shippings Taken Seriously

Kegworth

The Way I see it, there are 2 types of crack shipping in fandoms, there are those that are made out of genuine aspirations that X would make a great partner to Y that are for better or worse depending on who you ask vastly underappreciated by the rest of the fandom. And then there are pairings that are purely made as nothing more than a Joke.

This Thread is for the former, those who take their so called “crack shippings” seriously.

The only qualification that would make something a crack shipping is to have at least 1 image in the tag of the ship’s name also have the tag “crack shipping”

You are here to list the crack shipping you take seriously and explain why you do so.

Go somewhere else for a shipping that is made as a joke. It’s what the “incest” tag and the “Joke Shipping” tag that I created are for.

Oh and if somebody disagrees with each other on a shipping respect the others choice and don’t allow it to erupt into a flame war.

As an example I will list 3 of the shippings that are in my favorites that also have the Crack shipping tag.

Macora (Big Macintosh X Zecora) The 1st MLP shipping I got into.

Spitburn (Braeburn X Spitfire) Strangely somehow more popular than Braeheart if you go by tag count.

and Maudrax (Maud Pie X Thorax) One I recently got into liking and in my opinion is vastly under appreciated.

Respond if you wish to participate in this thread and hear me explain why I like them for a start. I feel as though this introductory post has become too large.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Well I consider crack shipping to be any pairing that has never interacted in the show or other media.

For that definition, I adore SoarBurn, I’ve read a few fics that really make it work, and it’s a rather popular gay ship for the two ponies never being in the same episode before.
Scrounge
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite
I think that if Silver Spoon weren’t a factor, Diamond Tiara and Babs Seed might have potential. They’d probably understand each other’s problems better than either of them would expect and might be a good source of support for one another.
Gemstone

I actually really like the idea of Big Mac and Zecora, though the show kind of confirmed that Cheerilee at least finds Mac ‘interesting’ in Filli Vanilli.

SoarBurn is actually one of my favorites, not helped by the artists who make them as cute as they are ‘attractive’ together.

Any pairing that puts Twilight with a villain is also fun to think about, especially the fanfics between her and Sombra.
Gemstone

@Meanlucario  
True, though that could easily be the dam that actually builds into a real budding relationship. It wouldn’t take much for the running joke and teasing to evolve into sincere feelings. It’s a nice thought.
Kegworth

@Gemstone  
It’s nice to know I’m not the only one that still ships Macora. Sometimes it feels like I’m the only one who likes Big Mac & Zecora as a romantic couple.
Background Pony #8777
Sometimes it feels like I’m the only one who likes Big Mac & Zecora as a romantic couple.
I get the feeling it’s not as popular as it once was. Still, it’s such an odd pairing that I can’t help but appreciate it. I had the same problem with another old comic related one, Fleetmac.  

Plus the name reminds me of Fleetwood Mac, and that just amuses me.
Scrounge
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite
Am I the only one who thinks Ms Harshwhinny and Coco Pommel would make a cute couple?

@Gemstone  
Other than Twilight or Sunset, yeah.

Still, I like the idea of pairing the relatively normal guy with the quirky girl. Dunno why. Plus they’ve at least had some screen time together, and both times they cross paths, she tries to comfort him after another girl ditches him. It’s meant as a platonic gesture of sympathy, I’ll grant, but it’s also something that’d still work if she did have feelings for him.
Background Pony #3BA7
@Scrounge  
Yeah, they could make for a pretty cute couple.

Does anyone else here ships Sassy Saddles x Fleur de lis?
LanceOmikron
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Because COLORING!!
I’m a huge fan of TwiCord, and genuinely believe it’s one of the best Twilight ships. Lopoddity’s works may have had something to do with this.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Meanlucario

Well truthfully since we only got a few scenes with speaking lines. I honestly decided to go with the typical jock/bro persona and built off of that. I made him more a pessimist at first but he becomes a nicer guy over time. If I try to give headcanon specific reasons it wouldn’t interest people.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Meanlucario

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. What works could be just about anything since this fandom ships virtually the rest of the Mane Six with Dash. This fandom ships everyone with Rainbow Dash. Including the sink.

Dumbbell doesn’t really have a personality. He’s a background pony who said a few lines. So he is virtually a blank slate. So I decided that they both share a competitive nature and both tend to be argumentative, but it wouldn’t turn into a full blown fight, just more competition. (All couples fight though so I wouldn’t omit that. Its just that the less savory parts of a relationship are rarely tuched upon.)

I think his cutie mark would symbolize that he is good at training other ponies. Like his talent is helping others reach their peak fitness. Contrast with Bulk Biceps, I think his talent is Being super strong and fit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide