CMC Spin off

Pony Discussion » CMC Spin off Search Posts
Dr Outback
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I don’t know how the Equestria Girls Sin-off will turn out, but I wonder why they didn’t try making a Spin-off based on of the many crusades of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. There could be many episodes based on that concept alone. It would be more promising to be a success because it uses characters and a situation that the audience is familiar with. It would also would be a good chance show off other Crusaders besides the main three such as the Manehatten CMC. It seams there are more and more episodes of the CMC than the main 6 themselves. As much as I like the misadventures of the three (now four) fillies. I think there would be more room for other stories if the CMC had their separate show.
Frostwolf123

The “crusade” thing is getting drawn out as is. A whole spinoff about that would be a terrible idea.

On the other hand, some kind of “the later years” could be interesting. College in Manehatten with Babs perhaps?

However it’s done, I can’t see a spinoff happening without first resolving their current FiM involvement some way. Some big finale where they finally get their marks.

Maybe this is an idea better left for a potential FiM sequel.
Dr Outback
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

@Frostwolf123  
I would also prefer that the Crusaders would get their cutie marks soon. I was thinking of episodes along the line of them remembering their adventures.  
It would also would be a good chance show off other Crusaders besides the main three such as the Manehatten CMC.

A Crusaders show could focus on new CMC. We could have an episode based of Babs telling about her adventures.
Painkiller
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Mr. Self-Destruct
During season 2, i would be all for this idea.

Now…Maybe just the focus on babs seed would be any good. I just don’t see how much further they can go with them together.
EvilTon

@Takuto_Shindou  
Are you joking? They were unbearable in Season 1. Their dialogue consisted of “cutie mark, cutie mark, cutie mark”, it was so annoying.  
It was only from Season 2 onwards that I started warming up to them, because their episodes focused less on trying to get their cutie marks and more on their interactions with their friends and family.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

It could do it, being in a show centered about them would surely show them in way they wasn’t on the show so the redundancy could easily be avoid as long as they try a little.
Takuto_Shindou

@EvilTon  
On season 1 they took one episode to build their team, one to show them to the world(CMC theme song), and one to know about the mane 6 cutie marks, in that time, their episodes actually added something to the plot and i liked following that journey.  
Then season 2 is basically let’s act like idiots in order to have our marks, they have only 2 episodes focusing about CM in the entire season , Cutie Pox and Ponyville Confidential, and they were just there to occup space, they don’t add ANYTHING and erase EVERYTHING ever learned on the show by the CMC.  
Nowadays CMC episodes in a nutshell: “We’re getting our Cutie Marks today!Just kidding, I lied.”
EvilTon

@Takuto_Shindou  
“Act like idiots in order to get our marks”  
I think you just summed up “The Show Stoppers” and half of “The Stare Master”, Season 1 episodes.

And they weren’t acting like idiots, they were acting like actual kids. Throughout Season 1, they felt like generic, one dimensional kid characters, which I despise, their dialogue felt really unnatural (again, “cutie mark, cutie mark”), and they had little to no individual interaction with other ponies (Sweetie Belle barely talked with Rarity).

Their interactions with their family and individually (which only came by Season 2) is what help them build character. They were given funnier lines, their individualities were acknowledged and they each felt like actual family with their families (except Scootaloo, of course). I don’t need mythology-defining moments to be compelled by a character.
Takuto_Shindou

@EvilTon  
The Stare master was about CM?I thought it was just adventure with Fluttershy.  
Well they were doing silly actions on the Show Stoppers, but that was the FIRST time doing that, so it was new and funny to me, it stopped being funny after the second time and after that it turned out to be frustrating.

The characters really did get better, i have no problem with them living their lives, the problem is their main goal, which it doesn’t appeal me anymore.
EvilTon

@Takuto_Shindou  
I believe they all shared the spotlight, since they had roughly the same amount of screen time.

Well, their main goal never appealed to me in the first place, but as long as their friendship leads to nice character development and funny dialogue, I’m cool with it.
Takuto_Shindou

@EvilTon  
I’d like if they had got the cutie marks one by one, 1 per episode, with that we would have 3 parts of a season for 3 cutie marks, in the beginning, in the middle and the finale, instead of getting literally pointless episodes of them trying to get CM and failing at it.
EvilTon

@Takuto_Shindou  
That would be interesting, but it’d also mean ending a character arc entirely.  
Are people really prepared for change? They’ve changed Twilight’s role, without even an episode to explore it so far, and look what we got.
Takuto_Shindou

@EvilTon  
Well sad for them, i couldn’t be more okay with changes on shows i like, i love the impact of the changes and the slow adaptation to it, so i’m perfectly okay with everything they do.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I think that since they seem to like ending seasons with some sort of big event, they could end S4 or something with one of their Cuteceñaras.

Or: One of them gets their cutie mark. The other two get their cutie marks planning the Cuteceñara of the filly that gets it first.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide