Brown nosers, hasdrones and the cynicalism of the fandom(s).

boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

Because we globally have users who are always on the pro-change side or the always anti-change side which include me. Of course we are bound to have some movement according to the nature of the change, the mane six canon death rumor with twilight being the only survivor would probably gather even Itsthinking in the anti-side (of course such thing would never happen), while a change of little importance or of very good potential could have my approbation and even make me fought my former allies from the anti.

Each side feel like it have to defeat the other, at least on some questions, to prevent a damaging stagnation and flanderization for the pro-change (despite flanderization being a change in itself and rejected by the anti side) or to prevent a too strong denaturation of the show for the anti-change which lead them to have a confrontation mind on the forum threads and pictures related to these issues.

But to help those who say our community is not that bad, I have to say that we remain pretty civil in neutral threads and almost never bring our anti/pro conflict with us. We can be nice to our enemy of yesterday assuming he didn’t go that strong into personal attacks and other fallacies which is rare.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Heh, there are some things on the show I don’t like. I just don’t talk about them very often because I don’t like to focus on negatives.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@boz  
Because we globally have users who are always on the pro-change side or the always anti-change side which include me. Of course we are bound to have some movement according to the nature of the change, the mane six canon death rumor with twilight being the only survivor would probably gather even Itsthinking in the anti-side (of course such thing would never happen), while a change of little importance or of very good potential could have my approbation and even make me fought my former allies from the anti.
Each side feel like it have to defeat the other, at least on some questions, to prevent a damaging stagnation and flanderization for the pro-change (despite flanderization being a change in itself and rejected by the anti side) or to prevent a too strong denaturation of the show for the anti-change which lead them to have a confrontation mind on the forum threads and pictures related to these issues.

You seem to be implying that it is a dichotomy between progressives and reactionaries (pro-change and anti-change in your parlance), when in fact it is far more nuanced. There are people whom hate changes (like alicorn twilight, MW episodes, SA and Cadance) while also hate things that have stayed the same since S1/day 1 (AJ’s characterisation, still using slice-of-life episodes); and people whom like all the things mentioned, and everything in between.

I’d even hazard that the things you like could (by your own definitions) be construed as a pro-change idea, and things you hate could also be construed as an anti-change idea. You liking or hating those things based on your own opinions is fine, I mean that sincerely. However, you conflating people into either pro-change or anti-change is at best misinformed, and at worst hypocritical.
boz
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@Ebalosus  
All this was also explained by me in the sentence about the users having some movement when they choose another side for specific changes, a definition who also include changes removing something we dislike.

We could say that for each new subjects a brand new pro and anti side form themselves, so that way people doesn’t have a permanent label with them and choose each time. I should have said it in my previous post, nobody can be against every changes, if such people existed, they could only watch rerun of episode 1, neither does the always pro-change exist, its just that some mentalities like disliking things being denatured or believing that stagnation cause flanderization tend to make some people lean toward one side more often than the other.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide