You should be more observant at what's happening.

Site and Policy » You should be more observant at what's happening. Search Posts
Background Pony #1C6B
I’m just a casual viewer of all this, but its world war 1 pony edition. 4chan mlp is upset and outraged, etc. You should see the patterns. You guys be careful now. A war with 4chan /mlp might break out if these tensions continue. Again, just a quiet observer, but good luck in the war etc.
Background Pony #0733
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - please keep your replies more civil, and drop the name-calling
Background Pony #79AB
@Background Pony #1C6B  
War? LoL, no. They are staying far away from this and making their own way instead. They do not attack back at all. Whoever says they do are who wants to blame someone for their failures.  
They are active in a sense of creating altboorus, artpacks, etc and laughing their sides off watching this place burn.
Background Pony #64F9
@Background Pony #1C6B  
Dude, they literally made several altboorus cause this whole thing is not even worth their time. /mlp/ is more reasonable than most other boards (which is not saying that much but it is still true) and cause of that they went with the “I will make my own booru with blackjack and hookers” rather than the nuclear option.

Most people are not having fun in the “Death of Derpibooru” threads. Most people are honestly just sad at the state of this place and the fandom as a whole.
Background Pony #5B29
@Background Pony #1C6B  
There isn’t any war. Mearly a last ditch attempt to talk some sense into the staff here. Yes we shall have our own boorus but it is sad to see this place fall so far. Many of us have used this place for years, it was after all the go to place for pony images. Now they ban anything they disagree with and have ceased to even try to provide reasons why. They’ve even gone so far as to remove any dissenting opinion or concern from the forum. I doubt this thread will last long, but no matter. They aren’t interested in listening anyway.
ScriptKitty
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

:^)
OP must have recently discovered image boards then read the 4chan wiki and saw an opportunity to get a short high out of acting as harbinger of doom.

FYI, the 4chan of today is not the 4chan of yesterday.
Rhorse
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks -
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Horsefugger
I am mostly upset at Derpibooru mods for slanders of calling me a “racist”
full

This is fucked up. I wouldn’t mind if it was someone like me getting shit talked, but you’re a god damn saint, Mkog. I’m just confused why anyone would think you were less than that. No loyal waifufag that loves his Appul as much as you do could be a bad person.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@MKogwheel  
These logs are from a public part of our Discord server, you don’t need to censor them.  
To give some context as well, the channel is for discussing the show, so I’m pretty sure he wasn’t meaning to speak for all staff.

@Rhorse  
The whole topic there was to do with the G5 leaks and Applejack’s FiM character being replaced in concept with an “inner city youth” type character similar to Miles Morales from Spiderman; there are multiple reasons that someone might not like the replacement, including racism, and what causes the suspicion of racism being behind some people’s dislike is that other G5 character backstory changes didn’t seem to provoke the same level of reaction (notably: Twilight Sparkle being an earth pony didn’t seem to be that upsetting overall). Also, I think the black VA thing was some kind of misunderstanding…I’m pretty sure the G5 concept leaks had no VA information.  
Basically, the lesson for the staff member here is to not make big public accusations just off of rather ambiguous evidence.  
I myself have nearly fallen into this trap on this same topic, but I somewhat knew better, so it was just a private argument with another staff member and without being accusatory, instead just focusing on how we should generally accept characters changing, and that much of what AJ stands for would likely be preserved in the new character.
Background Pony #6B23
@Princess Luna  
I think the key issue a lot of people have is applejack potentially going from a country girl personality to a city girl personality, more than anything else, a drastic change, compared to earth pony twilight, who can still be a nerdy bookhorse without a horn, same goes for the other characters  
I guess we wont know what will happen to their personalities until we actually see the show ourselves, though

I personally think if they want to change entire personalities, they would be better off with an entirely new cast of ponies
booponies

i would compare it closer to the Struggle Sessions in China myself. Book burning of offensive material, though whatever it is it isnt good, and would be great to have a switching out of unelected moderators and partisan admins.
Background Pony #5A41
There’s no war, just a dozen butthurt edgelords making the same threads over and over.
Rhorse
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks -
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Horsefugger
@Princess Luna  
I know the context, I just thing it’s messed up that this person went and told people behind Mkog’s back that he totally hates it just because she’s black. That’s a horrible thing to lie about. I also saw the “Sure, I guess” reply instead of an actual apology.

I know for a fact Mkog didn’t like it because they went to SNL for inspiration, not because he’s racist. Thinking she needed a change at all is something he should be worried about because she’s his favorite horse. Mkog is one of the sweetest artists I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting and I know he’d never shit on something just for that reason.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thank you for the feedback - Thread has served it's purpose.