Why is "fluffy pony" spoilered by default?

BrushieBrushie

Most of the spoilered and hidden tags are pretty obvious; grimdark, foalcon, spoiler, all stuff that you wouldn’t want to look at by accident. But among that you’ve got pictures of fluffy ponies, which are pretty strange but what’s even more bizarre is they’re spoilered. Is there some kind of story behind it? Is there some kind of process that goes behind what tags are hidden and spoilered?
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
Because fluffy ponies, with the exception of Fluffle Puff, are garbage. They are almost exclusively drawn to shock people with inflicted torture and gore. It’s just easier for the mods to spoiler something that usually is gory anyway.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
We had this discussion last summer. Most people don’t want to see fluffy ponies, plus most of the fluffy pony content back then was abuse and gore. I guess it still is.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Because it’s not pony related. We decided we would just delete and ban the stuff last summer, but got yelled at for NAZI MODERATORS, so we ran a poll and the people decided it was best to keep the stuff, but spoiler it.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@RIG  
HAH. No, no it did not die; the majority of it just doesn’t get posted here, because it’s all posted by one guy taking the creme de la crop, but it’s very much still a thing.
RIG
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - Five Nights at Freddy's thread
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

The Anti-Normies
@The Smiling Pony  
really? that shit is still a thing? oh well, at least loads and loads of fluffy text don’t get posted here each day like back at PB, your move of “banning and then allow” really killed all the ones who posted that crap here.
Clover the Clever
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@BrushieBrushie

Some archived news posts do still remain on the topic if you want to read the debate and what we did at the time.

We basically took a vote and acted on the basis of the majority of the users. The content was massively contentious because of the vast quantity of abuse/grimdark material that went along with it; even the most soft fluffy pony (no pun intended) usually went along with a degree of it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide