What happened to the image names? - it's numbers now with no tags

Firenhooves
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Edit… Looks like this change was intentional and designed to prevent the site from becoming unfunctional. Bummer. I really loved that feature. Looks like it’s not going to come back :(

Edit… okay this isn’t my computer. Someone changed something on Derpibooru. Can the person who made this change to the code of Derpibooru please explain yourself. I don’t like this change and I really wish it would revert back to the way it’s always been.

I loved the way Derpibooru files saved when I hit right click save on my computer. A bunch of tags and artist names would be included in the save file name whenever I saved the images.

But today I went to save an image and it only saved the image number.

Is this a permanent change? Why did this happen? And is there any way for me to go back to the way it used to be so I can save files and have it automatically include a ton of tag description?

It is crazy helpful for me to have those tags included in my image names. It helps automatically name a lot of my files for easy searching on my computer. For example I can search for artist names very easily or character names like Rainbow Dash. But now it just saves a number. And that number is pretty much useless for me.
PlotHole
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Born 100,000 years ago
I’ve been downloading for years with *rightclick* “Save Image As,” and it’s only been the last few days that there are no tags.
Background Pony #ED76
a button is missing which is annoying because the “download” button will open the default download window which doesn’t let me to quickly chose the destination. i don’t understand why would anyone even bother removing those few lines of code
Firenhooves
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

@PlotHole

Exactly! Why would they change this? It’s so frustrating now downloading pictures now!

Can someone from the team who edits the main code of Derpibooru explain why they made this change and if there is a way to change it back to the way it’s always been?
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
This change has one huge advantage.

Many people link to Derpibooru images or even hot-link them by just simply copy-pasting the image URL that they’ve retrieved by right-clicking on the pic itself (because next to nobody knows the “VS” link). This used to contain the tags as they were as of the time of copy-pasting. If someone edited the tags, the URL was broken.

Now, without tags in the URL, this doesn’t happen anymore (other than all linked-to URLs containing tags are b0rked now).
Background Pony #9A2C
Bring back searchable filenames or include the tags as searchable metadata in the pic
Background Pony #9A2C
StSyaN  
Oh cool, it works, but it is still lame that there in an extra step to archiving my fave pinkie pics. I wouldn’t care about such a trivial thing but it gets tedious when I am used to directly dragging a from the derpibooru page to my Ponk folder and I save A LOT of ponk pics.
Background Pony #9A2C
I just realized that for the sake of artists, the artist’s name should be in the filename. Too many pics have unknown authors and making it easier for the artist’s name to be shared would help artists so much, when the average user prolly doesn’t even notice the filename change. I know deviant art always has the artist in the filename.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide