Uploading videos: any documentation?

FredMSloniker
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I wanted to upload a video, but if there’s documentation on what sort of videos Derpibooru can handle, I couldn’t find it. Can it only accept Webm files? Does it re-encode if they exceed certain limits (in which case, what are they?) or does it always re-encode? Are there any hard limits for size, resolution, or length? Can it pull videos directly from any site (I know it doesn’t like YouTube)? Most importantly, are any or all of these questions answered somewhere I didn’t think to look? Because I don’t see any mention on the upload image page.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
Supported formats  
Container: WebM  
Video: VP8, VP9  
Audio: Vorbis, Opus

Limits (exclusive)  
Upload size: 100 MiB (104,857,600 bytes)  
Duration: 1 hour 0 minutes 0.00 seconds  
Resolution: 264257536 pixels^2

You can only use the scraper to fetch direct links to video files (typically these links will end in .webm). Most sites use MPEG-DASH or Apple HLS and will require you to download them yourself, like with youtube-dl.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide