Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #41B6 in topic thoughts about DNP

Background Pony #41B6
"[@Background Pony #0F3F":](/forums/meta/topics/thoughts-about-dnp?post_id=4866809#post_4866809
)  
>This greed for ALL THE ART, SCREW THE ARTISTS

I was talking about other solution, healthy and profitable for new art creation. Not the " greed for ALL THE ART, SCREW THE ARTISTS" you mentioned.

If you read my post, you see I don't advocate "SCREW THE ARTISTS" approach, but the opposite. Have respect for artists income and life, but not have respect for manipulations and random damage for everyone without profit to anyone.

>lawyers

lawyers' laws are not healthy now, they are biased to those who can allow lawyers department in their big company. But they not are not friendly to artist person protection. Actually they often used for the opposite, to forbid artists draw something with very vague description, without profit to original creator who possibly is already dead or don't have any new profit from the art.

lawyers' laws are lobbied by large company lawyers and more goverment censorship over media, not by artists. Article 13, DMCA, etc.

> and they don't have to jump through stupid "prove it" hoops

Pirates doesn't have to make someone to jump hoops. Pirate can easily can see that art paywalled and is not accessible for public, and don't ask someone to prove this. It is easy to see without any proofs. It can be performed even without bothering the artist at all. This is patreon-only art? Hide it, and even give links to the patreon. This is art publicly available at twitter? No reason to hide it, but give links to the twitter post. Art is deleted from blog and dangerous for its creator? Remove tag. The person requires total deletion? There are not formal rules here, this requires some investigations and proofs. At least proof the person is not random hater, who is not related to creation.

No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #41B6
Background Pony #41B6
"@Background Pony #0F3F":/forums/meta/topics/thoughts-about-dnp?post_id=4866809#post_4866809
I was talking about other solution, healthy and profitable for new art creation. Not the " greed for ALL THE ART, SCREW THE ARTISTS" you mentioned.
If you read my post, you see I don't advocate "SCREW THE ARTISTS" approach, but the opposite. Have respect for artists income and life, but not have respect for manipulations and random damage for everyone without profit to anyone.

>lawyers
lawyers' laws are not healthy now, they biased to those who can allow lawyers department in their big company. But not are not friendly to artist person protection. Actually they often used for the opposite, to forbid artists draw something with very vague description, without profit to original creator who possibly is already dead or don't have any new profit from the art.
lawyers' laws are lobbied by large company lawyers and more goverment censorship over media, not by artists. Article 13, DCMCA, etc.

Pirates doesn't have to make someone to jump hoops. Pirate can easily can see that art paywalled and is not accessible for public, and don't ask someone to prove this. It is easy to see without any proofs. It can be performed even without bothering the artist at all. This is patreon-only art? Hide it, and even give links to the patreon. This is art publicly available at twitter? No reason to hide it, but give links to the twitter post. Art is deleted from blog and dangerous for its creator? Remove tag. The person requires total deletion? There are not formal rules here, this requires some investigations and proofs. At least proof the person is not random hater, who is not related to creation.

No reason given
Background Pony #41B6
"@Background Pony #0F3F":/forums/meta/topics/thoughts-about-dnp?post_id=4866809#post_4866809
If you read my post, you see I don't advocate "SCREW THE ARTISTS" approach, but the opposite. Have respect for artists income and life, but not have respect for manipulations.

>lawyers
lawyers' laws are not healthy now, they biased to those who can allow lawyers department in their big company. But not are not friendly to artist person protection. Actually they often used for the opposite, to forbid artists draw something with very vague description, without profit to original creator who possibly is already dead or don't have any new profit from the art.
lawyers' laws are lobbied by large company lawyers and more goverment censorship over media, not by artists. Article 13, DCMA, etc.

No reason given
Background Pony #41B6
If you read my post, you see I don't advocate "SCREW THE ARTISTS" approach, but the opposite. Have respect for artists income and life, but not have respect for manipulations.

>lawyers
lawyers' laws are lobbied by large company lawyers, not by artists. Article 13, DCMA, etc.

No reason given