Viewing last 25 versions of post by Princess Celestia in topic The Event

Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
# Welcome to this year's event

Hi. This year we're not really doing any joke per-se. All of the jokes we could run were considered "too real", "too serious" and "too sad" by site staff. Hence we've decided to make a very simple site-wide game for you.

### What?

This game is simple. You upload stuff, you comment on stuff, and you post forum posts. For doing so, you receive points. In the near future we'll probably also add tagging to this, but frankly I've been kind of overworked so I skipped it for now.

### What are points?

A meaningless number. You earn them to have your team "win".

### Rewards?

The winner team gets a special customized badge. The loser team gets their team logo as a badge.

**Important:** you must be at least of **Rank F** (5 points) to qualify for a badge!

### Points?

Here's a table of point rewards

Action | Reward
---|---
Uploading|10 points
Forum post|2 points
Comment|1 point

and punishments

Action | Penalty
---|---
Image deletion|-15 points
Forum post deletion|-4 points
Comment deletion|-2 point

**How come punishments take away more points than their action counterparts?** If we have to do moderation actions on your content, it means you're probably not playing the game in a good spirit of the game. We will not tolerate rule breaking behavior only to gain some points.

**All of your points may be taken away if you consistently demonstrate abusive behavior.**

### What's rank?

A fun display of how much time you wasted on this event. Ranks range from F to A, with some in-between for achieving meme numbers, such as "69" points granting you "Rank: NICE", or 420 points qualifying you for "Rank: GRASS".

Point requirement increases exponentially. To receive the "A" rank, you must receive 5000 points.

Here's a table:

Rank | Minimum required points
---|---
NONE|0
F|5
E|25
D|100
C|500
B|2000
A|5000

Some ranks are granted for achieving an *exact* number of points.

Rank | Exact point requirement
---|---
NICE|69
GRASS|420
SATAN|666
L33T|1337
V.NICE|6969

And finally, there is **Rank S**. It's granted to 10 players with the most points. (display of this rank still needs to be implemented into the code, I'll do that momentarily)

### How long will this event run for?

Unlike typical April Fools, this event will run for a week. The deadline is **April 7, 23:59:59 UTC**.

### Any other ways to earn points?

We are considering adding other ways to earn points, such as tagging. We had no time to do it just yet. So yeah. Keep posted in this thread.

### Can I change my team?

Yes, buNot banymore. quick! PM PrincThess Cdeadlestia ande forequest a team change. Tewam change deadline is April 1, 23:59:59 UTC.

Please
try tNo nofurt change your team witchout a ngoode reason thoqugh. It ultimately doesn'ts matter which team you're on, you'll get a badge either way if you contributce 5 or more pointsed.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Edited by Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

Hi. This year we're not really doing any joke per-se. All of the jokes we could run were considered "too real", "too serious" and "too sad" by site staff. Hence we've decided to make a very simple site-wide game for you.

### What?

This game is simple. You upload stuff, you comment on stuff, and you post forum posts. For doing so, you receive points. In the near future we'll probably also add tagging to this, but frankly I've been kind of overworked so I skipped it for now.

### What are points?

### Rewards?

The winner team gets a special customized badge. The loser team gets their team logo as a badge.

**Important:**
Yyou must bearn at least of **Rank F** (5 points) for your team to qualify for a badge.!

### Points?

Here's a table of point rewards

Action | Reward
---|---
Uploading|10 points
Forum post|2 points
Comment|1 point

and punishments

Action | Penalty
---|---
Image deletion|-15 points
Forum post deletion|-4 points
Comment deletion|-2 point

**How come punishments take away more points than their action counterparts?** If we have to do moderation actions on your content, it means you're probably not playing the game in a good spirit of the game. We will not tolerate rule breaking behavior only to gain some points.

**All of your points may be taken away if you consistently demonstrate abusive behavior.**

### What's rank?

A fun display of how much time you wasted on this event. Ranks range from F to A, with some in-between for achieving meme numbers, such as "69" points granting you "Rank: NICE", or 420 points qualifying you for "Rank: GRASS".

Point requirement increases exponentially. To receive the "A" rank, you must receive 5000 points.

Here's a table:

---|---
NONE|0
F|5
E|25
D|100
C|500
B|2000
A|5000

---|---
NICE|69
GRASS|420
SATAN|666
L33T|1337
V.NICE|6969

And finally, there is **Rank S**. It's granted to 10 players with the most points. (display of this rank still needs to be implemented into the code, I'll do that momentarily)

Unlike typical April Fools, this event will run for a week. The deadline is **April 7, 23:59:59 UTC**.

We are considering adding other ways to earn points, such as tagging. We had no time to do it just yet. So yeah. Keep posted in this thread.

Yes, but be quick! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change. Team change deadline is April 1, 23:59:59 UTC.

Please try to not change your team without a good reason though. It ultimately doesn't matter which team you're on, you'll get a badge either way if you contribute 5 or more points.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

### Rewards?

The winner team gets a special customized badge. The loser team gets their team logo as a badge. You must earn at least 5 points for your team to qualify for a badge.

### Points?

SoHere's far, itable of ypouint urewards

Action | Reward
---|---
U
ploading|10 points
Forum post|2 points
Comment|1 point

and punishments

Action | Pen
alty
---|---
Ima
ge, delethaion|-15 point's w
F
orum posth 5deletion|-4 points.
Comment
Ifdeletion|-2 ypoint

**How come p
unishments take away more points than their action counterparts?** If we have top do moderation actions on your content, it means you're probably tnot playing foruthe game tin a good spic,rit of the gat'sme. We will not tolerate rule breaking behavior 2only to gain some points.

**All
Iof your cpommeints on an imagy be, that'sken away if yorthu consistently pdemoinstrate abusive behavior.**

### What's rank?

Here's a table:

---|---
NONE|0
F|5
E|25
D|100
C|500
B|2000
A|5000

---|---
NICE|69
GRASS|420
SATAN|666
L33T|1337
V.NICE|6969

Yes, but be quick! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change. Team change deadline is April 1, 23:59:59 UTC.

Please try to not change your team without a good reason though. It ultimately doesn't matter which team you're on, you'll get a badge either way if you contribute 5 or more points.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

### Rewards?

The winner team gets a special customized badge. The loser team gets their team logo as a badge. You must earn at least 5 points for your team to qualify for a badge.

### Points?

So far, if you upload an image, that's worth 5 points. If you post a new topic or a reply to a forum topic, that's worth 2 points. If you comment on an image, that's worth one point.

### What's rank?

Yes, but be quick! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change. Team change deadline is April 41, 23:59:59 UTC.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

### Rewards?

### Points?

So far, if you upload an image, that's worth 5 points. If you post a new topic or a reply to a forum topic, that's worth 2 points. If you comment on an image, that's worth one point.

### What's rank?

Yes! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change. Team change deadline is April 4, 23:59:59 UTC.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

### Rewards?

### Points?

### What's rank?

A fun display of how much time you wasted on this event. Ranks range from F to A, with some in-between for achieving meme numbers, such as "69" points granting you "Rank: GRASS".

Yes! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change. Team change deadline is April 4, 23:59:59 UTC.

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

### Rewards?

### Points?

### What's rank?

A fun display of how much time you wasted on this event. Ranks range from F to A, with some in-between for achieving meme numbers, such as "69" points granting you "Rank: GRASS".

# Have fun.
No reason given
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops

### What?

### What are points?

A meaningless number. You earn thenm to have your team "win".

### Rewards?

### Points?

### What's rank?

Yes! PM Princess Celestia and request a team change.

# Have fun.
No reason given