The Anti-Nazi DNP Pledge

Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Patachu  
False eqiverlance.  
Because odly enough the USA banned Nazi’s during most of the war and post war period.

So does under your logic.. that would make the USA… NAZi’s?

See the issue with this logic that is touted out by the radical Anti-Censorship members?  
It makes utterly no sense. As evey idoelogy bar radical Libertarianism has forms of censorship. Depending on the ideology depends what is being censored, how much is being censored and how strictly it’s being censored.

The things Nazi’s censored are anything created by ethnicities or religions they deemed inferior, any scientific content that contradicted their claims, ect ect
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #2257

Again, it does. Via normalisation of Nazi imagery and by extension sofening the edges of a objectivly evil ideology.

Right, and because I object to Nazi’s but agree with the majority & core movement of BLMs I’m a hypocrit?  
Nazis- lets commit mass murder  
BLM- lets maybe acknowledge that Racism is still a thing and that police brutality has become out of control.

Stop being a partisan numpty and think outside the box for once.  
Because I’m very tired of these same old tactics of #Whataboutism & #Deflection being touted.
Background Pony #2257
@Inucroft  
Your claim of normalization is false. This claim is false because you have provided LITERALLY zero proof of Aryanne having any sort of objective measurable impact on the world.

You are a hypocrite because you think this OC that has had objectively 0 impact on the world will lead normalization of a negative thing. Yet BLM has led to the OBJECTIVE, VERIFIABLE normalization of assuming every police officer is a terrible person.

You are claiming this is whataboutism because you literally have no points to use to refute these claims, so you use buzzwords to pretend you don’t have to.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #2257  
My father is a ex-British cop and he supports the BLM… sooooo Rule6

I mean, you’re constantly trying to change topic: communism, & other questionalable content on this site.  
And yet you never really explain WHY this site should host Nazi content, let alone explain why in the context of MLp there should be Nazi art in the first place. All you and the others saying is “it’s my right”
Background Pony #B4C7
@Inucroft  
Maybe because undermining the power behind nazi imagery is arguably a good thing? Think about it, all these self obsessed powers want their own symbolism to be regarded as being meaningful in and of itself, so the most disgraceful thing you could do to it is strip it of all meaning at all. Make it just another pointless symbol in the vast ocean of pointless symbols.
Background Pony #2257
@Inucroft  
Thank you for proving my point.

And no, I’m not changing the topic, I’m merely following your hilarious logic chain. People have been telling you why Aryanne should be allowed to stay for days but I’ll remind you I guess. Images with references to Nazis fall within the scope of freedom of expression. Just because Derpibooru supports freedom of expression it does not mean they endorse what the person in question is expressing. Derpibooru has always had this policy until a few weeks ago, meaning this was the norm.

The reality is you are the one that has to explain why Aryanne HAS to go because Aryanne being permitted was the NORM. You have failed to do that in over 3 days of arguing about it.
Coco
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #B4C7  
the cultural demonization of the swastika serves as a reminder to never let something like that to happen again, as well as to remember those who were murdered because of that hateful ideology. to “strip it of all meaning” would allow people to forget the atrocities committed by hitlers hate regime, this is not acceptable. auschwitz is still standing in germany poland for the same reason.
Background Pony #B4C7
@Coco  
You can remember why the nazis are bad people without cowering at their mere depiction, however. It is not their fashions, or their emblems that made them so despised. It is their actions, and what they considered to be an ideal world that made them monstrous.
Coco
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #B4C7  
whether or not one can remember why the nazis are bad people is less important than that people do remember that nazis are bad people. demonization of their emblems serves as cultural shorthand for demonization of their practices and ideology.

hatred of nazis =/= fear of nazis. i dont cower to nazis, i punch them.
Background Pony #B4C7
@Coco  
I mean, demonizing is good, but I prefer mockery more broadly speaking. Also, keeping your cool tends to be a virtue, not a vice. Punching people, even if they are nazis, is not always appropriate to the situation. Some situations require more tact, and ideally we’d be making people realize that they’re being fucking stupid before they do anything irredeemably immoral, hence taking the idea of nazi ideology and bleeding it of all forms of infamous respect possible.
Background Pony #6122
whether or not one can remember why the nazis are bad people is less important than that people do remember that nazis are bad people. demonization of their emblems serves as cultural shorthand for demonization of their practices and ideology.

Nobody here is arguing that nazis aren’t bad. Hell the JOKES on a lot of Aryanne’s stuff is that THEY ARE BAD. People would be fine if they put a giant banner saying “NAZIS ARE BAD AND DB DO NOT SUPPORT THEM” on pictures tagged as such, we don’t care. (And it was one of byte’s ideas before they went ahhead with the rule.  
The point is about HOSTING. It’s an art archive site and it shouldbe HOSTED there, that is all. You can remove the comments if you feel “they breed toxicity” like some claim.

Look at whats happening right now and how this site is managed and do you really expect stuff to not get messy in the future considering they don’t even try to wait for discussion and arguing and want to strong man stuff?
Background Pony #6122
If you have to be offensive to be funny, then you;re just a shitty person.

You’re not the judge on humor. People can cope with bad things differently than you. Just because someone has edgy humor does not necessarily mean they are a shitty person. You are being more prejudiced to those people than they might be.  
One shouldn’t say it to someone’s else face if concerned, but it should still exist.  
You say this but I’m sure you’ve done some derogatory humor in the past, be it with “gamers” or anybody protesting this, or any stereotype about a country you don’t live in.

It exists everywhere in some way.

You are demonstrating the issue here, YOU are being the judge of the content of the website, plenty of people of people can be just like you right now.  
“If you have to enjoy non consensual sex to be aroused, then you;re just a shitty person.”

etc etc.
Background Pony #D0D1
@Inucroft  
Does The Producers normalize Nazis by portraying them in a satirical light?

What about Hogan’s Heroes? Sergeant Schultz is often portrayed as a lovable, dimwit of a Nazi. Is that softening the Nazi image? How about The Sound of Music?

Let’s expand on this. Blazing Saddles. That’s softening racism. So is Gone With The Wind, and All In The Family.

You want a black and white “If Nazi = present, then ban = yes” with no consideration for context. You’re going to find a lot of media will have to be purged to satisfy that ideal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed