The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #6C09
@Brass Beau  
>Publicly viewable mod forum on site policy.  
Most discussions are probably regarding boring details on particular picture deletions and whatnot. Maybe a “talk page” on pictures (think wikipedia) for mods to discuss things (read-only for normal users)? Not sure how workable or useful that would be.  
>Community vote on policy changes.  
>Site wide banner announcing voting.  
As Barhandar said, completely impossible to implement with sufficient trust. If the poll results hold no mandate, then the losing side will be invariably highly bitter.  
>Moderator being an elected position.  
Same as above, since it requires polling. What’s needed is trust in the topmost levels of management; if that exists, then they can be trusted to select good moderators, and if that’s lacking, then no amount of posturing will fix that. North Korea holds elections, or for less extreme cases consider China or Russia.  
>Opt-in program for users to assist in moderator tasks.  
This would actually be a good idea, and could work with proper mod action audit logs and transparency to ensure rogue actors are caught swiftly and their actions can be reverted. Also kind of reminds me of Stack Exchange moderation privileges, though there’s nothing on derpibooru that readily avails itself for use as a “reputation” score.  
>Not allowing anonymous posting in forums.  
Everything on derpibooru is 100% usable without an account. Locking away the forums behind a requirement to register seems weird and counter-intuitive to the design philosophy of the entire site. Not that I would be terribly upset at being forced to register, the main reason I haven’t done so is lazyness more than anything else, but it just seems weird.  
>A karma system for comments.  
For what purpose  
>Uploaders being able to disable comments on works.  
Change that to artists, and it might be tractable. In fact, Ponybooru is implementing a way for artists to claim uploads of their work, which should let artists edit the descriptions on their works and then you could also consolidate stuff like comment and rating restrictions.  
>An audit log showing who made what changes to site pages or removes comments.  
Pages like the rules already have changelogs, but the diffs could use some serious improvement, plus commit logs. In general, mod audit logs has been one of the most requested features from all this, and I think Raptorshy has said that it’s probably planned.  
>Hiding rules violating comments instead of deleting them.  
I personally would very much support that, but I could see why this might get dismissed. Still, important stuff often gets screencapped. Maybe this could be made part of the audit log, requiring users to actually dig in to see what got deleted, thus making it available but still effectively removing the comment from the conversation.
aperture_tech
Duck - Quacking with portals.

lol
@Inucroft  
raptorshy was made the head admin as a sacrificial lamb. If you actually believe that snake derpy whooves, you’ve been tricked. Derpibooru, in its incompetency actually elected a competent leader when they were deliberately trying not to.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Background Pony #574E  
Anonymous posting prevents personal bias from interfering with Ideas.  
I’ll use a topical example, if i was literally Hitler from WW2 posting using a time machine and people were aware of that, they would be suspicious of anything i said, regardless of what it was, simply because i was Hitler.  
People would be ignoring what i said, or calling me out for things i’ve done instead of actually engaging with the topic at hand.  
“I like Pinkie pie.” is now a controversial statement, because Hitler said it.
Background Pony #DCF4
@Background Pony #4661  
Yes, they’re a big problem. That’s why we have to stamp them out sooner rather than later - if we wait until they take action, then people will already be harmed, and the leaders can use disposable cutouts.

@Brass Beau

>Hiding rules violating comments instead of deleting them.

How would this work?
Rhorse
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks -
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Horsefugger
@Background Pony #574E  
I haven’t seen it if it’s there, aside from being a bit skittish about topics of politics because of the continuous, “It has to be us versus them” mentality but it quickly soothed over after day 1. I’ve seen actual FUN in the forums full of horse related shitposting, as it should be. Everyone running the new boorus are really chill and care about horse pussy over politics and it’s all I could ask for.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
So, what I’m seeing is that, before other changes could or should be implemented, trust needs to be rebuilt. An audit log of moderator actions is highly requested. After some time (upwards of a year, I imagine) other reforms can be considered and implemented to build on that trust and provide the community with more power to limit the NEED for extreme protests, like the DNP protests we recently suffered.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Background Pony #7FE3  
they should at least give em the week I heard about…was that today or yesterday, let there be the time taken that was planned to do so.  
I’m in no rush for a decision if the decision made will not be as properly thought out as it could be.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed